Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Suspected spam messages need to have the same function as Pending messages

This is because they may be false positives. Specifically, we need;
- Reject with message
- Edit

26th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Edward HibbertEdward Hibbert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patricia DopsonPatricia Dopson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I have another email account (patricia_dopson2001@yahoo.com), I could not remember my user's name or password so I created another one so I can report a scammer. Yesterday I found an add that I responded to and they replied back to but only to learn they tried to send me a virus and I tried to replied back to them but now can not find them any where. I have copied and pasted their information below. Please let me know how this matter is being take care of. Thank You, Patricia Dopson

Rebecka James Jan 27 at 11:42 AM
        To
        patricia_dopson2001@yahoo.com

You can see pics of it here http://www.cloudfilers.pw/files/picswer354 if you like it it yours.

• Reverend GrandmaReverend Grandma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to look at the messages your robot decided were spam, because they may not be. Put spam in the Pending Approvals area of the Management menu and not in the More menu. Please

• John FowlerJohn Fowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if the group listed the number of spam messages pending along with the others that are pending, so it's apparent something is waiting in that Spam area. For groups with tightly controlled membership, spam messages are almost always false positives.

• ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And, the spam list really belongs as a tab in the Pending Approvals item of the Management menu. Not as an item in the More menu (as if they were a major feature like Files, Database, Links, ...).

The messages classified as spam by the filter are in every way shape and form the same as any other pending message, except for that classification.

• Linda JewLinda Jew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! There are a number of false positives. Various member posts will end up in the Spam when in fact they are not spam.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this as the majority of those messages I have found in spam have indeed been posts from ordinary members.

Feedback and Knowledge Base