Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Database - any chance we could have a sensible order????

Now we have at last got some order back in the Database ie the delete operation - is is possible that we could have a few changes within the Databases as we had before in Classic please??

On my groups we use the Database all the time for our swaps - members need to add details as well. This is fine but when one clicks on Edit the most bizarre order will come up from the original alphabetical order - it is not consistent either- it changes from one edit to another - it is confusing. The same when printing out the lists - the order is totally out of any sensible order - I use the lists to sort out partners for the swaps - I tried using the member lists but the names do not necessarily tally with the members names - more confusion!!! The print out is also rather extensive - in Classic it was a much more manageable print out usually one page for the smaller groups - now this is at least three pages and all using extra ink and paper!!! If you could see your way clear to addressing these features I would be most grateful and hopefully others would find it useful!!! Pretty please!!!!

15th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JanJan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We’ve rolled out a revamped database experience and have enhanced how we handle accented characters. We’ve also increased limits on number of tables, columns and rows. Read more here:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/77198925232/groups-database-experience-revamped

Do check out the changes.

Marking this ideas as completed. If there are specific issues or feedback you have, kindly post it here on the feedback forum.

Please note that you can sort by any column by clicking on the column header you wish to sort by.

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to print in alphabetical order as well as being able to edit the same way is important when you are using database lists. As it is, it is impossible to print a form that is alphabetical at all. Please bring this feature back.

Anonymous commented · Just Now · Delete

The problems I am still having is that I have to hit edit first, then the order goes random. I can live with the alphabetical order, even if the search doesn't work... but then could I find the entry I am working on... hit edit and be right there?

Also, when I am editing I want to see the whole entry, not just a few words at a time. The message should show in scroll while editing to make it easier to do.

Sometimes it still hangs up once I finally get the editing done, and then it is all lost, and I have to try again.

I gave you 3 votes - Deborah
        it is a major hassle, not to be able to ORDER the databases according to each column (example: one column in alphabetical order, I used to just clic on top of it ,and the whole database would reorder according to alphabetical order in THAT column)

When you click print or edit it comes up in some odd random order and won't allow you to change it and have it save to edit that way. It is frustrating.

I cannot even order the database according to alphabetical order or for some columns, according to zip codes !

we should be able to print our lists in alpha order.
        Please help us out.
        Thanks.

Editing is a problem but so is PRINTING the membership list. It's in alphabetical order until you hit print and then names are no longer in order. We need to see membership lists in alphabetical order in the printable format (preferably by first name as that is how we know/recognize the members). We have all tried various ways around this problem such as blocking and printing, print screen function, blocking and copying to a photo program....nothing works. Some moderators have resorted to retyping every piece of info into excel but that is terribly time consuming, especially when Yahoo can fix this problem. This has been an issue for a at least a couple of months and is still "under review". Please FIX IT NOW.

I totally agree and ask you to please address these issues for us users?
        Thank you! Pauline.

HEllo all yahoo groups moderators

We have the same problem in France, even worse.

French special characters such as é, è, ù, à, ç, etc, are converted to gibberish in the databases.

I have written several emails to yahoo client service in French and in English. All I have received is a cut and paste answer which didnt adress the real topic, then another one that we just should type without the French letters , then another one that this cannot be changed.

on our groups, the databases are now not only UNREADABLE, they cannot be modified at all.

We cannot erase the diamonds, squares and bizarre signs that have replaced the normal French characters. Each French character such as é, è, à, ç, ù etc, has been replaced by FOUR gibberish signes, so words are no longer recognizable.

With the loss of these databases, the common work of hundreds of parents of disabled children who gathered data to be shared by forum members is LOST !

We can no longer read the databases, we can no longer modify them, they are frozen in this unreadable state.

Where can I find another provider where I can found a new forum with files and databases that work?

Any help appreciated, we are several thousands of families of disabled children in France impacted by YAHOO NEO

Deborah from France

I agree with the above comment. Why does everything change order when we click on edit? Can you help us with this please?

Feedback and Knowledge Base