Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

reject with reason from "owner" address

The "From" address is not functioning correctly when rejecting a message with reason. The choice of group-owner or personal email address is there, and the choice of group-owner appears stick, but the recipient received an email from the personal email address.

This defect/bug was personally demonstrated Jan 14, 2014

38th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NubiaNubia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why do you REJECT this erquest ? we had this feature in "classic" and it is necessary
        if we want to reject a member and avoid to receive insults or bad comments on our mail adress
        a member we reject do not have to know our mail adress
        we must be able to show only the "owner" mail adress of the group
        namegroup-owner@yahoogroups.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are at least 2 reasons to have the "From" address in the rejection email sent to the original poster (OP). One is for anonymity; the second is so that if the OP replies with a question, any available moderator can answer it - it doesn't just go to my personal account.

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please correct this issue. I do not want to reject messages with my personal ID, I would like to reject with the group owner ID.

We were able to do this in the pre-NEO days.

Thank you.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - I don't want my personal email address exposed, please!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When anonymity is required, the from "owner" address is fine, there is, in those circumstances, no desire for "owner" names.

• Reverend GrandmaReverend Grandma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix 'reject with reason' to show group owner email address instead of owner or moderator personal email address. Also, please show the original email body so the owner/moderator can point to the reason the message is being rejected.

• DianneDianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix reject with reason to be received by member from groupname-owner email as opposed to owner/moderator personal email address.

• ARCARC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo closed the prior iteration of this complaint erroneously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE fix it.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to reiterate that although the " reject with reason" is SENT as the Owner Address, it is RECEIVED as the personal email address, thus eliminating the anonymity--and purpose--of the Owner Address.

Perhaps the concern is that the recipient's response (if there is one) will be returned to not only the original moderator but also all other moderators and the Owner. I would argue that such moderator interactions should in fact be known by all members of the moderating staff. The "reject with reason" option is not a private message to a group member, but rather an administrative comment. I believe other moderators would agree.

• NoIDNoID commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, Yahoo -- this is clearly a defect that's been present for MONTHS now that was 100% absent before NEO. I'm sorry whoever was assigned to investigate previous reports so clearly missed the point, but this is just plain WRONG and exposes individual moderators to unacceptable risk. FIX IT! FIX IT!! FIX IT NOW!!!

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There still exists a bug / defect in the 'from' field when an owner/moderator of a group is rejecting a member's message with an explanation of why it is being rejected.

If the owner selects the groupname-owner email as the 'from' address and not their personal email, the member still receives the email from the owner's personal email.

• FCFC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been happening for several months and in several groups I own or mod. Every message returned shows the address with which I'm subbed to the group, not the group-owner address.

Feedback and Knowledge Base