Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Tabs say Yahoo Groups instead of group names

When Neo first started, tabs were labeled Yahoo Groups. The names of groups were restored (thank you very much) but are gone again. Please display the names of individual groups on tabs for our browsers.

40th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CarolCarol shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yahoo Support StaffAdminYahoo Support Staff (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Carol,

This is how it appears to me at this time. If you’re still not seeing the Group name in the tabs, please try the following troubleshooting:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&y=PROD_GRPS

If this does not resolve this issue, please post about the problem here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=Am7gtU4DnwGKmx_L8UXxTIsP.Bd.;_ylv=3?sid=396546285

The more information you provide, the more our support staff will be able to assist!

I’ve now closed your idea but feel free to post further feedback that’s specific to the new change, whether that be a new idea or adding to existing ideas.

Thank you for participating!

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LGLG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still seeing "Yahoo Groups" in Firefox and Chrome tabs instead of the group name as of Feb 10, 2014. FF and Chrome are both the most current versions. I only have the most basic add-ons and the most current javascript enabled.

And no, I am not going to refresh every page to do what your programmers should have done. And I'm not going to disable or my browser add-ons which cause no problems on ANY other website I use and I use a LOT of websites. Nor am I going to clear my cache or cookies every time I use Yahoo.

And it is really outrageous that you even suggest turning off all anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall programs to use Yahoo. That is just plain irresponsible of Yahoo, especially with all the security problems Yahoo has had. If you can't write a program that works with anti-virus programs, I'd say that you have a serious problem.

I'm not even close to being a programmer and I figured out how to do this simple task (make tabs reflect current page title) on my blog! Ridiculous.

• ApacapacasApacapacas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why should she have to post her complaint at Answers? Isn't THIS the uservoice forum where we've been told since August to voice our issues? She's TOLD you about the issue - now you KNOW about it. Why should she have to post it elsewhere? Why can't you do something about it now, since you know about it? My god, what a company!

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotta tell ya, Yahoo, it is exhausting having to vote/beg for things that should have been no-brainers in the first place!

Feedback and Knowledge Base