Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Contact Customer Care doesn't let you contact customer care

The "Contact Customer Care" link doesn't take you to a page that let's you contact customer care. Instead, it takes you to page that presents a list of articles to you, at least for all the topics/sub-topics that I tried. The text of the link should be changed to match the reality of what the page provides.

29th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter AlffinPeter Alffin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yahoo Support StaffAdminYahoo Support Staff (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Peter,

That link does allow you to contact Customer Care so long as you choose options that are supported via email or the Community. If you choose options that can be resolved with help articles, that is what you’ll be provided.

Since you haven’t stated what the issue you need help with, please post about the problem here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=Am7gtU4DnwGKmx_L8UXxTIsP.Bd.;_ylv=3?sid=396546285

The more information you provide, the more our support staff will be able to assist!

I’ve now closed your idea but feel free to post further feedback that’s specific to the new change, whether that be a new idea or adding to existing ideas!

Thank you for participating!

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DfoofnikDfoofnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There does not seem to be any way to "contact" or "provide feedback" at all. I wanted to report a problem with a page loading and I am shunted to a completely unhelpful troubleshooting article.

Perhaps a large red label with the words "Customer Service Indefinitely Suspended" instead?

• Chris NasipakChris Nasipak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a "flag as inappropriate" button for the response from Yahoo on this one. What we need is an explicit set of contact information that is a) displayed on the front page immediately after you click 'contact customer care' and b) includes a phone number and email address that go straight to a human being who actually attempts to solve the problems reported.

• Michael LudwigMichael Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to Contact Customer Care like this once. I don't remember what my exact problem was, but I could not find an option that let me Contact Customer Care via e-mail - which I would've loved to do.

And I am a computer geek, so when I get desperate enough to Contact Customer Care, it's always an issue that can't be resolved by the community, like by posting on Yahoo Answers. That's why I had given this 3 votes - and why I believe it's rude of Yahoo staff to Decline this fix.

I'd have to agree with the commenters who said it's because Yahoo doesn't care about their users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to select "error" as one of the options, and eventually you can send an email. Still hit or miss if they ever reply, however.

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have just tried for about 15 minutes and I can't e-mail or find a phone number to help post messages

• CharliCharli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't contact customer care because Yahoo doesn't care. The truth of the matter is that yahoo only cares about the ads and I'm writing everyone who places an ad on yahoo groups and letting them know I'm boycotting their products as long as NEO is here and doesn't work.

• rcjrcj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, could not contact any customer care. I searched the "help" and a forum or something, using the EXACT LANGUAGE THAT IS USED ON THE YAHOO GROUP PAGE and NOTHING came up in the "help".

• JiLL LynchJiLL Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to contacct Customer Care. The steps and guidelines and system are not answering my questions and helping me. I am simply trying to log in and I forgot my ID and password. The system asked for alternative address or phone, neither of which are accepted and probably not in their system. I am a member of several groups and I want to up-date with my new email address. I mean, how unfriendly can a system be when you try multiple ways and multiple times. Ridiculous.

• Mary AnnMary Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to get into any of the Groups I belong to for well over a week - the CS does sort of respond, with some things to do, nothing works, each time I respond its another person - so far I think I've had around 12 people 'helping' me. They don't understand the things they ask my to do - don't work for me:-) Pain in the rear - I need to get into my Groups for some things, But nothing works..

• SenexSenex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo customer service simply does not exist. They do not care about their users at all and foist unpopular updates on the.
        I was happy with my old groups (and email) until Yahoo "improved" them.

• JackieJackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!!!

Our group's problem is certainly not listed in Help or Customer Care and the experience assumes Kafkaesque qualities when you go round and round and round . . .

As group owner, I am unable to reach our group, nor even to access groups.yahoo.com/new/groups and then on to our private group. Several of us have the same problem but because I am the owner and can't access it, I can't even invite some of our members who have set up a new identity to try to overcome the problem in that way (if that is possible anyway?). Round and round we go. Meantime, Google is looking very attractive . . .

Feedback and Knowledge Base