Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

FIX NEO - STILL FULL OF BUGS!

We expect an answer to every one of these points explaining how you have fixed it.

NEO format does not function properly. You claim to have fixed all the problems but that is not true.

1. When moderators edit a pending message, as soon as you click edit, the message disappears. You have to scroll a long way up to find it. It should appear right in front of you.

2. Automatic messages upon joining still will not go out no matter what you do with scheduling and notifications... it doesn't work!

3. Files keep showing Document Not Found when the document IS there.

4. Text files are a big ugly unreadable jumble. Fix this! There are millions of text files across groups - you have wrecked them and all the time we put into creating them has been tossed into the garbage by you - how disrespectful can anyone be.

5. The editing box for pending messages is too small!

6. People should not have to click three dots to see a whole message.

7. Databases still don't work.

8. The type is still bluish grey instead of black which makes it very hard to read.

9. Yahoo Mail sent to Groups has teeny tiny type which is hideous to try to read. Fix this!!!!

10. Sometimes there is some bizarre message at the bottom of the window that looks like a bunch of weird code. Whatever it is, it should not be visibly displayed. It looks virus like, like malware. If Yahoo is doing that, please stop.

These are not all the problems, either. As you can tell from reading your own feedback board.

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    snow whitesnow white shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ron BowerRon Bower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moderators are now unable to search for a member to edit their settings. Whatever I enter in the Member Search box, the result comes up empty. This changed sometime in the last week to ten days and was working before.

We also have problems with the files section - one can edit a file, but clicking to load the file returns "Document Not Found".

• CheriCheri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem going on with SureCutsALotUsers group. New members can't access all the (great) information - how-to's, .svg, .scal and .pdf files... Every single one of the files (from 1 - 245 KB file size doesn't matter) are gone. These are files that have been around for years. Please fix this Yahoo.

• Not tellngNot tellng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to know why Yahoo thinks it's OK to ignore our wishes, Make sweeping changes without asking for our input and most of all WHY they keep destroying the experience we have with their products such that massive numbers of people LEAVE YAHOO forever once every three or four years. Anybody remember Geocities? Yahoo used to OWN hobby information sharing on the WWW. That was ages ago. Now NOBODY TRUSTS them enough to use their system for such things. I spent THOUSANDS of hours creating "CFAIR"..Now it is useless and will shortly be deleted forever.......SHAME on Yahoo for their ARROGANT & CAVALIER attitude regarding their users and their wishes. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING YOU CREATE IN YAHOO TO LAST MORE THAN FIVE YEARS. They will NOT allow it! Don't waste your time.

• CherylCheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Document Not Found is shown when I click on any file created post-Neo. It IS there, because the smaller files can still be seen when you click EDIT. You just cannot open the files.

Also, fix Safari problem with not being able to change fonts, font size, etc. from toolbar when you write a post on the actual group webpage. Not fair to Mac/iPad users! This used to work, but now it does not. I can sometimes get the font to change if I access the group via Firefox browser, but not always. No Firefox is available for iPad users. Do not descriminate the Mac crowd, please. It used to work fine on all browsers, computers, etc. before Neo.

Database: I still cannot add all the data to a new row. Only data under a single column will appear in a new row after I click SAVE. (Doing a page refresh does not help,either. Stll only one column of data will appear in the new row. )

• J. CAREYJ. CAREY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i too need page-by-page format. Its more than sad when yahoo groups band together sharing fixes to help each other. Some are unfixable. We continue to try to fix which once worked. If the mobile app can't handle page by page, do as the old yahoo would have done, and continues to do- 2 settings Basic and a Full Featured mobile app. If Marissa had to use this, she'd throw it a wall. Sadly, she doesn't use her own product, nor invite all the mods in to hear from them so the problems might be worked out.

• AbAb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better then fix it - discard it! Return back to the old page-by-page format.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My group picture that has been up for 11 years has disappeared and some random unrelated picture is up there. Changed the pic but can't find the tools to resize it - what a mess and no one will recognize the group now.
        Responses are all mixed up, sometimes to go to the group and sometimes not.
        My mods can't figure out how to handle things and settings seem to have been changed.
        Get rid of this neo thing NOW.

The neo disaster continues.
        1) can't see .jpegs in pending.
        2) can't edit text files or change attributes.
        3) polls never end.
        4) approve/reject is in the wrong place.
        5) can't search messages by key word.
        6) not able to ban prior to approving.

Yahoo! had groups right the 1st time, what's the point of this neo garbage?

Yahoo Neo Fixes Noticed and Appreciated!!!

I must say my group was devastated when the NEO first arrived. Some members have left and some never got over the new differences. Group activity dropped over a 4 month period by 60%. Now the activity is climbing back up to where it was.

Photos - working much better - thank you for adding back the "new Photos" to the home page

Database - working much better - we are able to edit and delete information again

Conversation - searches are working and members are learning how to do this.

Files - we can now delete files again.

Honestly, I did do my share of complaining and whining - so now I must add my Thank you for the improvements! When all is said and done I remind myself and my 600+ members that there is No other venue at this time that offers as many options as Yahoo Groups at no charge. Believe me, I've looked.

Patty M

• Michael LudwigMichael Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with point # 6 - using symbols like this makes it too difficult to figure out what does what, even for computer geeks like me.

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Marissa Mayer, you know what? I am sick of you. Go home and count crayons for a living and leave the rest of the world alone. We were all having a life, minding our business, enjoying our groups, mail, FlickR, news, sports.... til YOU came along and threw it all in the toilet.

How dare you inflict your insanity on the rest of the world.

If there is ANY justice in this world or the Heavens above, you will be sent to yaHell from whence you will never emerge. I cannot believe that the Good Lord would allow you to ruin so many lives for the sake of your own greedy and overinflated ego. One of these days you and your overinflated ego will be described by POP!!! GOES THE WEASEL!

Have a nice day Marissa Weasel.

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot make subfolders - you broke that function again,, Yahool Fix please.

• Gill ReeseGill Reese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not all messages sent to my group get emailed to me - WHY?

Also some of our files - which are a very precious database for EuroLyme memebrs - show empty since you made these appalling 'improvements' which everyone hates!

Please add to this that as of January you can't access the events feature - which is highly important for my groups. I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer and receive this message:Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later.

I've been checking back for weeks.

• Belle-Ile en MerBelle-Ile en Mer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

thousands french (and many other thousands other accentuated characters
        languages) groups are in big trouble since NEO. A bad character encoding
        is affecting the databases of our groups: all tables are impacted: users
        ones .. and Yahoo ones. Archived messages are corrupted. Whatever the
        format members are using, for sending or receiving, txt or html, from or
        to any of the main client mail program (apple, pc, linux, android ..) or
        main French webmail, messages are translated in html miss encoded as soon
        they are delivered to the moderator interface. As we're not any more able
        to edit multi-parts messages (tx / html) nor the source of the message, we
        are not able to delete html parts of the message, and deliver it to
        members in text only. Messages are completely messed when members try to
        read them. And the encoding problem grows each time a message is replied:
        bad encoding is encoded again !!

see:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5429711-ongoing-problems-with-database

• Moshe FreedenbergMoshe Freedenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also just checked to see if the email clickable link feature works in Classic format and it does. A friend of mine who is still in Classic mode sent me one of his group digests. In classic mode, under each entry, in blue, you have the choice to reply to sender, reply to group, reply via web post or all messages. Click on all messages and all links are clickable.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base