Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

ONGOING NEO ISSUES REMAIN UNFIXED

There are too many to list, but start with this:

NEO is low functioning software. You claim to have fixed all the problems but that is untrue.

1. When moderators edit a pending message, as soon as you click edit, the message disappears. You have to scroll a long way up to find it. It should appear right in front of you.

2. Automatic messages upon joining still will not go out no matter what you do with scheduling and notifications... it doesn't work!

3. Files keep showing Document Not Found when the document IS there.

4. Text files are a big ugly unreadable jumble. Fix this! There are millions of text files across groups - you have wrecked them and all the time we put into creating them has been tossed into the garbage by you - how disrespectful can anyone be.

5. The editing box for pending messages is too small!

6. People should not have to click three dots to see a whole message.

7. Databases still don't work.

8. The type is still bluish grey instead of black which makes it very hard to read.

9. Yahoo Mail sent to Groups has teeny tiny type which is hideous to try to read. Fix this!!!!

10. Sometimes there is some bizarre message at the bottom of the window that looks like a bunch of weird code. Whatever it is, it should not be visibly displayed. It looks virus like, like malware. If Yahoo is doing that, please stop.

These are not all the problems, either. As you can tell from reading your own feedback board.

18th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Madison WestMadison West shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Require Flash Player to upload a file? I don't think so. Neo is a total disaster. I though responsible people tested new software.

• Belle-Ile en MerBelle-Ile en Mer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

thousands french (and many other thousands other accentuated characters
        languages) groups are in big trouble since NEO. A bad character encoding
        is affecting the databases of our groups: all tables are impacted: users
        ones .. and Yahoo ones. Archived messages are corrupted. Whatever the
        format members are using, for sending or receiving, txt or html, from or
        to any of the main client mail program (apple, pc, linux, android ..) or
        main French webmail, messages are translated in html miss encoded as soon
        they are delivered to the moderator interface. As we're not any more able
        to edit multi-parts messages (tx / html) nor the source of the message, we
        are not able to delete html parts of the message, and deliver it to
        members in text only. Messages are completely messed when members try to
        read them. And the encoding problem grows each time a message is replied:
        bad encoding is encoded again !!

see:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5429711-ongoing-problems-with-database

• Moshe FreedenbergMoshe Freedenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most emails that are collected in daily digest format have clickable email and/or website links. The clickable link functionality is totally lost in group digest form under Neo format. It worked perfectly fine in the old format.

I also just checked to see if the email clickable link feature works in Classic format and it does. A friend of mine who is still in Classic mode sent me one of his group digests. In classic mode, under each entry, in blue, you have the choice to reply to sender, reply to group, reply via web post or all messages. Click on all messages and all links are clickable.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every month or so I go back to one of my groups to see if anything has "improved" and Neo is still the same pile of cow manure that it was from day 1. For instance I decided to scroll thru the messages in one group (11,000 messages that date back to 2007) and of course all the messages are on one page (the 'continuous feed' garbage that seems to be so popular nowadays) and by about message #2000 the system slows to a crawl and if I do anything else it boots me out of Yahoo! How's that for a great system! True, you can search old messages by # but you can only view one message at a time (not an entire page). Funny but I have no problems on any other website. My computer is only a few years old and it still runs fairly quickly....except on neo.

• JJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need ability to schedule file delivery to pending members! I do agree the font is small and its hard to read or compose messages on a 14 inch screen. Not all of us have extra large computer screens. I don't like that all the files are messy notepads now...they have lost their formatting. I can't email pending members from inside the group. Too much work to copy and paste all the email addresses into a email message and then copy and paste the pending member file and send it out to them. I used to be able to do this seamlessly from INSIDE the group. Please if we have to keep Neo, just reinstate the Owner/Mod features we had.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are you now hiding the vote counts, Yahoo? I assume you're ashamed about the number of your customers who are still deeply unhappy about the forced, unwanted & unnecessary changes you have made to a system that used to work quite well till your idiot developers ****** it all up.

• Madison WestMadison West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

News Media: Yahoo is now totally hiding the vote counts and instead ranking the importance of issues - exactly how, nobody knows. Transparency? Forget it. These people are playing games with everyone. Things must be getting worse because they are also semi-hiding their explanations, not posting them where people expect to see them. They think a little fancy footwork will keep the press from nosing into their business. They think wrong, don't they.

Hey Yahoo, what if members of the press are already group members and are seeing all of this first hand? Ever consider that little fact? You think you can hide so easily? Well. you can't.

You skunks. You think you can hide how angry we are from the press by removing the vote tally? Well not a chance. We are legion, we are everywhere, and you will not get away with this because there are a lot more of us than there are of you.

News media: Yahoo's third party feedback site is blocking votes, deleting votes, and removing heavily voted upon issues from this board, hiding them where reporters will not see them. These people are the lowest of the low. Don't be fooled. They think they are going to stop us from getting the word out. Actually, they are making us more determined. DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE NO VOTES OR THAT ISSUES WITH MULTIPLE THOUSANDS OF VOTES DO NOT EXIST!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base