Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Bring back a USEABLE search function for messages. That of course assumes you care about your consumers, which I've seen no evidence of!

31st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

The search function has not been removed – please try to search using the search box on the top of the page, after selecting a group and clicking on ‘conversations’ option.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did and all I got was a bunch of yahoo **** groups, NOT the groups messages. I REALLY hate NEO, I cannot begin to tell you how much! What a piece of garbage!

• Bill KayBill Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo --- what an asinine answer. You gave us search by Message Number. Not Search on Content. We can't search on "Steve" or "hockey puck" or "you ******* Yahoo CSR"...... we have to search on a message number that we don't know.

What the **** is your problem? Are you foreign?! Don't you get it? SEARCHING ON A NUMBER IS EFFING USELESS.............. You took away Search on Text.

RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!
        RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!

RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!

RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!

RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!

And did I mention: RESTORE IT !!!!!!!!!

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function is still a disaster! You get one shot at a search, then you're returned to the main page and your search list is gone, and you have to start all over again. Why can't anybody there make it work like it used to, when it was actually functional? Ever since Melissa Meyer took over, all of Yahoo has turned into some dumbed down sludge for 5th grade dropouts on welfare! It's all flash and no substance. I still don't get what straw hats...is this some kind of 'in' Silicon Valley joke?

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function is a COMPLETE DISASTER! I don't want to "Search Groups", I want to search the group I'm in, and when I get a list of matching posts and click on one, I want to go back to the search list at the point I left it when I return. It needs to be like the old one...in fact, why don't you just bring the old one back? No one wants all this flashy looking ****...just a reflector that WORKS!

And who the **** cares about some dumb straw hats? Lose all the graphic ****...it's the reason nobody uses BING.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offering searches only by message# is totally useless. Almost no one knows what the correct message numbers are--even for their OWN messages--and if a person is searching for a message on a particular subject, they have no way of knowing the message number until they see the message. We NEED to be able to search by keyword or phrase!!

• Bill KayBill Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching on a message number is useless. You need to be able to search on a word "or on a character string within quotes". Advanced search (like you had in old yahoo groups) on who sent it, or a date range would be excellent. Again searching on a message number is useless to my group which is nine years old with 60,000+ messages in it.

• Pat KayePat Kaye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please bring back the ability to search for messages in a yahoo group using keywords. There is a lot of great information in old posts

Feedback and Knowledge Base