Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Cannot see names of photos to properly reorder them

This problem has been posted by others, and you have declared it "completed" and "closed" when in fact you have NOT addressed it. When I select "Reorder Photos" I see the photos in the album without names, so I cannot even manually reorder them to the original alphabetical or numeric order, as I could in "classic Yahoo." And there's no option to automatically correct the ordering. So my photos end up in a random jumble.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hoosier DaddyHoosier Daddy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We’ve introduced the ‘list’ view where the album title, creator and date are displayed by default for all albums. When viewing photos in an album we also have the ‘list’ view.

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Norm ThompsonNorm Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You just completed a recent problem with the photos not showing more than 40 photos. This problem is ONLY partially fixed. Some of the albums in my group with more than 40 photos now result in the following message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content". Case in point, Ron Shearers Album #1.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it easier to reorder the photos in albums, this is so irritating. Also, there is no visible titles under the photos, that are placed in albums.

I have seen no improvement since printed titles were placed under the albums. There are still no titles visible under photos within the albums without using the mouse to scan them. Furthermore the photos are often too small and partially cut off to view them properly. And it is impossible to order them.

• RichRich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to set the default sort to reverse alpha-numeric.

• Jan!Jan! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is indeed helpful to be able to have the information displayed below each photo. But that is not a ”list" by any stretch of the imagination. Now please give us an option for a true list (without thumbnails) which can be sorted by any of the column headers.

Where's the "list?" I'm still seeing thumbnails with captions (thanks for that!) but it would be nice to have a "printed" list that could be sorted so that you wouldn't have to go through every album to find the one that you want. Thanks.

• Hoosier DaddyHoosier Daddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the author of this issue. To reorder the photos, you need to see the photo name when in "Reorder Photos" mode. You have still NOT addressed the issue.

• gloriagloria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is better, but we can still only see the first 40 thumbnails in any one album.. when are you going to fix that problem?

• PamPam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now if I could only get past the opening page of all my groups so that I can participate... would that ever be possible?

• Jan!Jan! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In many cases, changing the order of photos could be more easily done if we had a way to get a list, WITHOUT thumbnails, of photos in an album. The list should include functions to sort by column headers and manually moving rows up or down. We also need a way to retain the order so it doesn’t revert to system-wide default.

• GrahamGraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'new' Yahoo Groups is a lot less user-friendly than the 'classic' Yahoo.

In the Yahoo Groups which I moderate, I can no longer correspond with an applicant before accepting them into the Group. In the past, if the applicant did not meet the Group's membership criteria, I could advise them how to revise their application. Now, I can only Accept or Deny.

• Marla SpellenbergMarla Spellenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I reorder my albums or photos, I would like that order "remembered" so I don't have to go thru the process every time to find the album I want to add or manipulate a photo. A sort order by date would be helpful, too!

• ChristianChristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the owner and admin of group with some 13,5th members from 2003 I was little bit surprised when I got info from members that they can not open photo section. I checked it and didn't found anything wrong so asked YAHOO support for help, till now without ANY answer, Wanted to reorder photos and again problem with names, wanted to put new photo to photo section- problems was not working properly. OMD what's going wrong with Yahoo. It is like TITANIC.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base