Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Members joining restricted group via web - bug

Members are joining restricted group via web without moderators approval, please fix this ASAP! We are getting new member notification for persons who have not been approved and they show up in membership list!

50th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RajRaj shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoops! I've been informed, and have confirmed, that "joined via web." is what shows when someone accepts an invitation. So it is not necessarily a problem to see that in a Restricted membership group. I had thought that accepting an invitation had a different description in the log.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just this week encountered the exact situation. At Shal's suggestion I have a screen shot indicating that the "member" to an access restricted group joined via the web without moderator approval. I have another screen shot confirming that moderator approval of a subscription request is required. How do I transmit these images and the group name to Yahoo so that they can investigate and "cure" the situation? Thanks in advance for the help.

• RajRaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I now realise that some members who joined a group of mine were approved by other mods but they were not. They joined via this bug!!

@jay - the thanks goes to Raj. All I did was comment on it, and suggest that those with evidence of it happening also report it through the Contact Customer Care form.

A screen shot showing "joined via web." in the Membership activity log, in a group with Restricted membership" would be solid evidence of an "impossible" happening. Such an entry should only occur in groups with Open membership.

Feedback and Knowledge Base