Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Cannot read the comments from pending members

When you changed the format of pending members, you have now cut off a large portion of the comments. These are important for us to determine if there is something in their comments that would prevent us from approving them.

In addition, there are a lot of us that really don't need to see the mail delivery the potential member has chosen, while there are others that need that. Is there a way you can set it so it can be turned on or off?

Thanks,
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

23rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Judy FaulknerJudy Faulkner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope so. I will wait for my next 'moderated' post to come through. Thank you for making this change.

I cannot read the message of pending members, the part that shows is too short .
        how can we approve members if we cannot read what they write to introduce themselves?
        this is a bug that needs to be FiXED asap !

• Michael LudwigMichael Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Judy that Yahoo needs to show as much of the Comments section in Neo that it did in Classic Groups - including that the pending member needs to have as much room in Neo as they did in Classic Groups for why they want to join the Restricted Group. I base almost all of my decision on whether to Accept or Reject the pending member on these Comments.

As for Judy's comment about the Mail Delivery options, this is usually unimportant, but in some Restricted Groups it can be important. So is there a way to show this in a less prominent place than the Comments from the pending member (which of course should be front and center)?

• SherrySherry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is a problem. I have one now that doesn't tell me enough about why the person wants to join! Some people just don't know how to get to the point!

Frankly Im surprised this hasnt been fixed already its an obvious ohoh we broke it moment when you added message delivery options which I and others could care less about. Please just put it back where it was. Its bad enough that the poor souls applying to join have to do it in so few characters now we cant even read what they do write, Please please please have the people who write this stuff manage a real group themselves the problems we are having are so obvious to those who live with it. The groups are great the hoops we are made to go through to admin though are a nightmare Thanks

The only way I can see the full comments (reason for wanting to join group) is to "copy" what text IS visible---and then paste it in a blank document. That way I can see the full comments. We need the full comments visible.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with previous comments. Do not need to see what the email selection is. Do need comments.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The circumstances of the groups I moderate are exactly as Judy F describes. Email delivery is of little relevance; membership intent is important. Thanks.
        Chris O

Feedback and Knowledge Base