Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

All My Groups - Email Preferences - Show History lacks Last Bounced Message

"View History" for a bouncing member now shows moderators Last Bounced Message and associated tables (Weekly Bounce Summary and Recent Bounced Messages).
All My Groups - Email Preferences - Show History needs the same, no matter whether the email address is in Bouncing status or not: members need to see causes of message loss in order to complain to their email providers, even if few messages are bounced.

Moreover, moderators need to see Last Bounced Message and associated tables not only for bouncing members, but for all members (in order to help not tech-savvy members).

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LenaLena shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LenaLena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a lie, it's not completed. My own bounce histories for every my email address appear empty ("
        Total Bounces: 0") - it's a lie, really there were bounces. Edit Member pop-up for members not in Bouncing list also hasn't Bounce History link. Why do you lie that this is completed? Nothing was done.

• Dave HDave H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My "View History" does not show up now anymore. I'm talking about the single table that shows the number of posts for each month. I need this view! It opens for a second and then lurches away and closes. This started on July 1. What is wrong? Fix it.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help, I thibk I was being bounced. Than you in advance for your help.

• ANONANON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes from me. This is a royal PITA Yahoo. Why do you work so hard to make so much extra work and frustration for us?

• ShalFShalF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the context of the current DMARC issues it is now more important than ever that members and moderators alike be given access to bounce information before the email address is put on "bouncing" status.

The display now available to moderators through the "Edit Member" dialog for members in the bouncing list would be perfect, if only it were also available for members not (yet) on the bouncing list.

And, of course, it would be perfect for the member themselves through the "Show History" link on the Email Preferences tab of the All My Groups page. That link currently shows zero regardless of the actual Bounce History.

• Sam WilsonSam Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another associated problem is that the number of reactivation messages sent is never updated; it only ever says 0 or 1. This needs to be rectified, as my policy is to remove members after they have failed to respond to 3 reactivation messages. It is very hard to keep track of this, if the number of such messages sent is never accurate.

• Marti LovejoyMarti Lovejoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This information is very helpful to an owner who wants to keep control of her group's membership. If the last bounced message info shows the address no longer exists, we know to delete the member, but if it is another reason, we can contact the member another way and work with them to get the problem fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base