Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Photos Improvements

It keeps getting worse!. The Photos section is now even more annoying. We don't want a default Photostream, we want the albums in alpha/numerical order so we can find them!. Stop giving us features we do not want or need. Instead, reinstate or repair the useful functions that were destroyed with the arrival of NEO. Cease making undesirable new features the default setting, and give Group Owners the ability to choose their own preferred settings for all facets of their Groups. PLEASE !!!

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KenzKenz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Kenz

We’ve introduced the ability to control for each group subscription, the view and sort orders for Photos, Conversations and Files. You could also control the navigation – what sub-section opens by default for photos and conversations.

At this point we do not plan to introduce the ability to configure the default navigation links (conversations, photos and files with the rest under “more” drop down)

Read more on the Product blog post:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/91846095941/control-your-view-and-sort-preferences

Thank you for participating!

Yahoo Groups Product team

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Photos STILL will not load into albums most of the time. This has been on for several weeks. Apparently, your programmers are not competent enough to make the basic functions work. There is no error message but the photos added simply never show up.

Another "improvement"! And they still haven't repaired the damage their "improvement" to the Event Calendar inflicted...

• Mike GMike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The photo ALBUM view needs to have an ALPHABETICAL or MANUAL ordering scheme with no thumbnail or cover image to make searching for the album you seek faster and easier.

An ALBUM NAME, DATE, OWNER/POSTED BY search function would be awesome, too...

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How could Yahoo possibly have ********* so completely as this? They have taken something that worked & turned it into something that doesn't work. And they have ****** off most of their customers - and now they refuse to accept that they're wrong. It takes a special kind of genius to **** things up so completely.

AMEN. And I would ask that the cease-and-desist for unwanted "enhancements" be extended to the event calendar as well. I'm the owner of a group, and every month that ********* interface gets harder & harder to use.

I agree about your alphabetical order comments but who cares when you can't even load Photos to begin with. I'm using Google Plus and when I try to build a new album and load a couple dozen photos, it ends up loading about 6 in there. Who cares about order when Yahoo's incompetent programmers can't even make the BASIC FUNCTIONALITY work!

• Randy_MichiganRandy_Michigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer that the photo sorting option would be alphabetical by default. But now none of the sorting by alphabetical works.

• Jim McDonaldJim McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo just killed all photo album sorting.
        None of photo album sort options work.
        Again, Yahoo has made the photo albums virtually useless.

• ShalFShalF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or maybe just remember which tab I was last using. That would be handy, and wouldn't take a new setting to go find and change.

@Anonymous - the photostream is just a sorted by date list of all your group's photos. It doesn't contain additional copies of the photos and it doesn't waste any storage space. It is a handy way of finding out what's new, nothing more.

• Cesar PCesar P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When accessing yahoogroups using Android on mobile device and selecting PHOTOS, what displays is the PHOTOSTREAM. There is "PHOTOSTREAM" displaying at bottom left of screen and selecting it does NOTHING. There is no more option to display ALBUMS.

• LynnLynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why, when the Alphabetical order option is chosen for the ordering of the photo albums, do the albums keep returning to the most recently posted order? As an owner why can't I select the order for my albums to always display and keep it that way without having to re-select Alphabetical repeatedly?

• Roberta Roberta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep the photo Album and in order by date posted.
        I use to have no problem adding photos to selected Album - now when I click add photo nothing happens. Something is not working.

I agree, agree, agree. The photostream is waaaaay annoying, is a waste of storage space, and renders a once-straightforward experience tooooo confusing. I just had our members gain enough confidence to post their own photos to our albums. Now this. Who's to know where to post what?

Where once we had "Albums" we now have THREE options. The default Photostream takes the most space, provides the least information.

There is no edit capability in Photostream -- our members often post several photos as attachments in Conversations, to get feedback on which one is best for our albums. Now we are stuck forever with all the dud images -- there is no delete capability in Photostream. For any group that generates a lot of images and wants to keep them filed for reference, Photostream is something of a nightmare.

Photostream might be effective on a mobile device, with an automatic 10-day lifespan prior to auto-discard. It's not working in Yahoo Groups. Photomatic is a bit more effective, but still a waste of storage space. "Albums" worked. Please can we have (just) them back?

What WOULD be useful, in every category (not just photos), is "most recently added" with a moderator controlled buffer time-frame (ie moderator could set most recently added within past day, week, month, etc).

ALBUMS and all photos COMMENT: Each image has room for a Caption & Comment. However, the captions are never visible when you open the album. Can we pleeeeeease have the captions visible when the album opens in thumbnail format? Captions are what the user uses to decide if they want to open the image into full-screen view, download, etc.

• Gill ReeseGill Reese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. The photos in EuroLyme were for reference purposes. Now they are all mixed up and on one long continuous page in a meaningless muddle - making them all useless!!! PLEASE REINSTAE OUR PHOTOGRAPH ALBUMS!

I agree that the default should be Album not Photo Stream or better yet, let the user decide which one they want to be the default.

As an owner/moderator, I need to access the various albums and audit the current photos for required information and in the right format several times a day. I don't want to just look at the photos, but need to see the information when you click edit. The default was set to Albums until you made the last change.

Please change it back.
        Thanks,
        Judy F.
        SW Florida - USA

Feedback and Knowledge Base