Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Bring back the members names. It is hard to verify a member by an email address.

Bring back the members names. It is hard to verify a member by an email address.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Betty CoppinBetty Coppin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WarwickWarwick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of my members can't access the Internet and therefore can't edit their names. Moderators need to be able to add/amend member names so that members can be identified, particularly in private groups. Names were lost during transition to the new Yahoo Mail platform and need to be reinserted. Please give moderators, or at least group owners, the ability to edit member records.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is it then, that messages posted to the board all appear to be posted, not by the member, but by the board/group itself?
        It would be much better to see from which email adress or members' names there were written

Still have the problems that the name of members posting to the group does not appear in the post, only the group name, which is of no use:

To: adoptionensolo@...
        Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:07:54 -0700
        Subject: [solo] recherche origines/retour au pays

• DixieDixie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't consider this issue "Completed" till you fix our emails coming thru the group with the users name in the Send to: box instead of the group name!
        Please.please reconsider this one issue!
        Thank you so much!

• Rich LRich L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your changes to show member names are great and very much appreciated! Thanks!

One more tweak would be to allow not just the user, but the group owner to add or edit names to existing members. We have many members without a Yahoo ID that do not have names associated, and would like to add the names.

I am the Treasurer of a veterans group here on yahoo groups. Your revision back in February made my job impossible. I couldn't access our membership records and make necessary changes.

Thank u so much for doing this 4 us. I know my member by email and by name. so have no problem, but i know some do. i have a very small group.
        thank again ~~~ gramswinnie2000 ~~~

Aboslutely need names listed along with the email addy. Why would you even think of changing that????

I have over 100 and more *** mails on one page . I do not lie with women please! I do not know the road to Sodom & Gomorah! I have great respect to my Savior the Lord ..JESUS CHRIST..thanks. Stop agravating my spirit....nvr_12@ymail.com..

I totally agree! I need a name to identify them since so many email addresses are strange and not related to the name at all.

I used to receive email from members of my group with the personal address, so I could choose which ones I wanted to read. Now, they are all listed in my mailbox under the address of the group and I have to waste time opening many emails to find the members I want to read. Why are you not listing each individual's email address? I really, really don't like this "improvement"!

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this, It's hard enough to sort through members. Unfortunately, the "display names" are not the same as the profile names that show up in postings!

If you want to reply direct to the sender it does not always work so bring back
        people's name separately - not put it all under the groups name. I'ts impossible to work with

Yahoo's getting like Facebook, useless, aggravating changes that serve no purpose to the user every time you log in. One wonders if they are out to deliberately alienate members. Change it back to the useful way format it was.

My whole lists upset over this recent change of not having the person's blame in an email address.

Whoever decided to do this has made a fun thing on yahoo agonizing.

Go back to the oringal way!

I am a moderator and can't find my members on the home page. What is going on? And... now list mail to members comes in the group name not the person. All worked great before - why change a good thing!

82nd
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · May 14, 2014

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5922703-go-back-to-the-oringal-way

Revise sending email to reflect senders name and not group name. We have no way to know which member is emailing us.

Return the sending option of emails to reflect senders name and not group name! We have no way to know which member is emailing us! It makes no sense, especially when dealing with large groups. From should always be the individual member and not the generic group name. Please revise ASAP.

113th
        ranked
        Vote
        LL shared this idea · May 24, 2014 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5965415-revise-sending-email-to-reflect-senders-name-and-n

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base