Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Change how emails are delivered to groups back to the old way

Why has the way emails from group members changed to now display the name of the member and their email address. Not a good thing, please change back or allow members to change it back.

29th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JackJack shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lawrence DewhirstLawrence Dewhirst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree with this post, there are no valid reasons for all and sundry to see your email address.
        It always worked ok when your alias was displayed. Very few of the emails I receive have got email addresses on them, only a name or alias?
        So, it looks as if there is a way to change this, but I have not been able to discover how as yet.
        I have mailed the group moderato/owner two or three time about this,but not heard a thing from them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It also appears some mail clients (Android for one) DO NOT OBEY THE REPLY-TO FIELD, and use the FROM field instead, causing REPLIES TO STILL GO TO THE GROUP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point of Yahoo displaying the email address of the sender if the group has been set to hide email addresses?

Feedback and Knowledge Base