Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Why does the replies to members from the owner goes back through the group

Not only did yahoo mess up with replies going to the group...but now when an owner of a group where she is the only one allowed to post, replies to a member - it now goes back through the group! What is wrong with you people? Can't you get anything right? Send those programmers home for cripes sake! MzFranki

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOME EMAIL CLIENTS IGNORE THE REPLY-TO FIELD. YOU DID NOT ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM IN CLOSING THIS ISSUE!

Since your new method contains the group name as the From email address, and relies on the email client to ignore it and use the Reply-to field, this causes certain replies, especially from smartphones, to ALWAYS go to the group.

• ellieellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does google have groups?? If so has anyone moved a group? About at that point

• ellieellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They have made moderating groups a nightmare and so confusing for members that we've lost a lot of good members who are just too frustrated. Wish yahoo would get their **** together I'm fed up!!!

If Yahoo ever got anything right, it would very likely be by mistake.
        They seem determined to ruin anything that functions properly, while simultaneously giving us predominantly ill-conceived or poorly executed "improvements" and "experiences" which they bizarrely seem to think we might actually want. Sadly, we've come to know that whenever a fault appears in our Groups, it is likely to have been caused by the arrival of another Yahoo *improvement*...

• ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! This now appears to be fixed in my groups. Messages sent to the -owner address are forwarded to me with the fields:

> From: "User user@example.com [group]" <group-owner@yahoogroups.com>
        > Reply-To: User <user@example.com>

So now when I reply (using Thunderbird) my reply has:

> To: User <user@example.com>

Or if I reply-all it has;

> To: User <user@example.com>
        > Cc: "User user@example.com [group]" <group-owner@yahoogroups.com>

No more messages accidentally sent to the group!

• FranFran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big booboo on yahoo today. I replied to a member and sent her the username and password and it went through my group. Wowza thanks Yahoo for another wonderful ***** up!!!! GET THIS FIXED PLEASE you are driving us all nuts!!!!

• FCownerFCowner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absurd. Why on earth does the reply to address contain the group when a member writes to owner from their email address?! This needs to be fixed right away! If it wasn't for all the work this disaster must have taken, I'd think Yahoo was determined to drive groups away.

• Jon AndresenJon Andresen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inter-moderator (owner) messages going back to the entire group is a complete showstopper! Moderators are lobbying to flip our entire 3000 member group to Google - what a friggin' disaster! Fix this immediately and send notification of this directly to all the moderators that this has been accomplished!

• JLJL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so fed up of the constant changes, none of them for the better. Please fix this!

• YvonneYvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a nightmare this 'improvement' has turned out to be! Please use the Restore Function and take the whole system back to the place when it last worked succeessfully. My suggestion would be pre-NEO. It's difficult to remember a week when the Moderators haven't been presented with yet another obstacle to overcome that has been created by Yahoo. Changing the settings so we Spam our own members is the worst fix ever.

• RedQuineRedQuine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change this as soon as you can. We're getting heaps of complaints about it, it is leading to confidential information being published, and not all group members are computer-savvy enough to know (let alone remember!) how to edit their messages before sending.

This has not only ruined your service; it's ruined ours as well.

Your new "spam prevention feature" has resulted in me spamming my OWN list with replies to my OWN subscribers. This is supposed to be a one way, once a week informational newsletter, but when people ask me questions, the response goes to EVERYONE. Seriously??? I have to go in and edit every single email address in order to reply to people. I get between 20-30 responses from these people every day. AND to top it off, long-time members UNSUBSCRIBED from the newsletter because they received a dozen of my replies to individuals before I knew what was happening.

This has got to be the worst so-called improvement you've made to date!

• Doug TallmanDoug Tallman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another quality YAHELL move. I wish somebody woould grab ahold of your neck ties and pull your head out of your behind!! Are you ever going to make this piece of **** work right? we're closing in on a year of this ****!!

• MargieMargie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Neo has been a problem from the beginning, but this is the worst yet!! I want to reply to the other moderators, and it ends up going to the whole group.

We have now experienced what we call an 'oh ****' moment. A member sent a note to sewitsforsale-owner@yahoogroups.come asking a question. This was sent to the owner of the group and came to our email (Outlook) inbox.

Prior to whatever you did or are doing, we were able to do a reply all to the message and it would be sent to the person that sent the note and also to the the owner. Since the person's email address has sewitsforsale@yahoogroups.com attached to it, the reply went to the entire group, that's over 17,000 members. Definitely an 'Oh ****' moment.

In addition to this being a big issue, I cannot remove the sewitsforsale@yahoogroups.com portion that's attached to the member's email address. I highlight it and try to right click after the real email address and it won't let me do it. I have to manually type the sender's email address and delete the original email and SIFS@yahoogroups.com

Please get this fixed as soon as possible. If you need more information or an example, please contact me at the email in this feedback.
        Thanks,
        Judy F.
        SW Florida - UsA

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday we had several inter-moderator private emails go back through the group to our horrible embarrassment and the upset of a number of members. This is outrageous. This MUST be fixed. How on earth can we manage/moderate a group if we can't email to and amongst ourselves. This is an essential function for Admins and moderators. Please fix it!

My God, I thought this was resolved months ago! Why has it returned? It is essential that the Admin staff be able to write privately to members. The issue of one member is not necessarlly the issue of all members. Please, do not set up moderations and owners to be fools.

• AngelikaAngelika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DMARC has messed up absolutely everything. Yahoo is trying to patch things up and creating even more of a mess. They should just admit that DMARC was a huge mistake, and go back to the way things were.

But they're probably not going to do this, so can we please just have this reply-to issue fixed?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base