Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Cannot edit the reminder for an event (for past 4 days)- says "something wrong", error 404

There is no way to contact Yahoo about the problem - this is their program and it has worked well for years, but suddenly "edit" does not work. Can someone please help ASAP?

45th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • geogeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yahoo is incompetent and uncaring. impossible to get into the Calendar many weeks.

• KarfyKarfy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the moderator of my group, and when I post a new event in the calendar and enter reminders, the date and event info get saved, but not the reminders. This worked just fine three months ago. Not helpful. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Lauri F.Lauri F. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can sometimes create an event, but cannot then edit it. Also, existing entries that need editing will briefly show the event and then crash with an error message asking me to try later, but later it never works. Please fix the calendar events editing and creation problem. Thanks.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THREE WEEKS and still broken.
        Obviously Yahoo are not interested.
        Can anyone suggest a reliable alternative?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My group is also experiencing this issue. I'm the moderator/owner of the group and cannot edit events. Other users of my groups with calendar editing permissions are also running into the error.

I have found the group calendar to be NOT great, but at least it has worked in the past. But since Yahoo "upgraded" it several months ago, it has been NOT working more often. I still can't edit an entry. Dear Yahoo IT...any plans to fix this?

Same. Tried to edit first (404) then tried to delete (500).
        This repeating event was booked many years ago, so it may be a factor. Just in case Yahoo IT Support is reading this.

• Pastor Somiine'Pastor Somiine' commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem...extremely frustrating. I am the moderator of our group and we rely SOLELY on this forum to communicate with our leadership team...When will this be fixed?????

I tried to delete the event as suggested by Jadedhog, but it would not let me do that.
        Got the same error "we are having trouble try again later" except they number the error #505 instead of #404.

Maria's comment under 101 rank is the same as this comment.
        maybe everyone here should copy their remark on #101 to try to get Yahoo's attention.

• jadedhogjadedhog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same with my group. It did not send out the reminders. I think that the problem is they added checkboxes for how to send out the reminders, but put in no default for reminders already in the system. Looks like the only way to fix it is to delete all my reminders in Yahoo Calendar for the next year and then re-build them.. Thanks Yahoo!!

• Michael DooleyMichael Dooley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welcome to the club..........they likely "fixed" something or improved it. As such we cannot maintain what we had. TSK TSK

Feedback and Knowledge Base