Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Search doesn't work in manage members

Repro steps:

1. Log in as a moderator and browse to your yahoo group
2 Under management, click on manage members
3. Click in the search box

The cursor appears briefly, then disappears. It seems that the focus is set up to switch to some other element.

Note: This is on chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m, Win 7

25th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Manage Members search is not working. Is it a known problem and being worked?  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Members search is working. We’ve recently enhanced to include First name and Last name in the member list and search is being enhanced to search on those fields as well.

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug TallmanDoug Tallman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only is there no search function, I can only get one page of members. We shouldn't have to vote on fixing the basics!! How long has it been now............

• David ADavid A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you scan to the left from the "Invite" button to you see a magnifying glass? Do you see a text box to the left of that? I can enter some characters there and hit return. I get the members that fit the entered characters.

There doesn't seem to be any help for search for members.

• OMOM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When thereios a pending message and we wish to change the member's status, you need to scroll thru the whole list. On some groups, I have over THREE THOUSAND members !!!!

Aint got no time for that !!

Please bring back a quick member search OR put a place to click on the member's name/email OR a place to edit posting status.

Some of own many groups, and I know you charge
        advertising dollars according to usage.

Don't kill the goose who is laying your golden eggs !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is NOT working properly. Suddenly you search for someone and instead of getting all their info and all the fields you only get their Yahoo! Alias... and not their email address. So if the user has a Yahoo! alias but you search for them by email address you don't get the email address but only the alias. If they User has no alias you get their email. This is really silly and it was much better before. WHy not just give us ALL the info we need when we do a search?

Searching the member list has several problems:

1- you need to click return and not the magnifying glass for it to work
        2- it returns only limited info and not all the fields for the member you are searching for - ie: you search for johnsmith@domain.com and you only get that members yahoo ID/Alias and not his email address, settings etc.
        Please FIX!

• VictoriaVictoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, am a Moderator of a site and am unable to access any of my Moderator functions. Please fix as soon as possible.

• David ADavid A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One issue is that when you search for a member, you must be at the top of the membership list. Otherwise you may see a blank page. If you do, you need to scroll up to get the search results..

I am the Moderator of my group and for weeks have been unable to access the membership list. It just says loading but it never completes the task. Lots of my members are having problems with not receiving postings and today with unsubscribing. I cannot help them find which email address they used to subscribe as this is often the problem. Please fix this SOON

• LenaLena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For search in Members, clicking the magnifying glass icon doesn't work. Pressing the Enter keyboard key instead works.

• WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Members search has stopped working on all three of my groups. very inefficient without this feature. Please fix ASAP.

• FCownerFCowner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has not worked in days. I guess this is the only way to inform Yahoo when things don't work as they should.

• ShalFShalF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A further symptom: when I click the Search button (looking glass icon) the dates in the Joined column changed format! From "Mar 3, 2013" to "03 Mar, 2013" for example.

Observed in Chrome and Firefox 30 on Win7 Pro 64-bit.

Good thing I didn't have a mouthful of any beverage, or I'd need to wipe down my screen and keyboard. Failed the "least surprise" principle:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_astonishment

Feedback and Knowledge Base