Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Add "Pending Subscriptions" and "Upon Reject" to Schedule File

Under Management, in the Notifications tab of the Control panel, clicking on Edit (the pencil icon) for a file brings up the Edit Schedule File dialog. This dialog has all the checkboxes:

Pending Subscriptions
Upon joining group
Upon leaving group
Upon being banned from group
Every 2 weeks
Every month
Upon Reject

Under Files clicking on Edit (the pencil icon) on a text file brings up the Edit text file page; it has a "Schedule files" menu. Clicking on Edit on a non-text file brings up the Edit File dialog; It has a "Schedule options" expander. Both of those places lack the "Pending Subscriptions" and "Upon Reject" checkboxes.

I'm aware that a similar prior request has been Declined, with the Admin comment "We do not plan to make the enhancements you have suggested."
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/4694355

I don't believe that Admin was aware that the "enhancement" has already been (almost completely) implemented - it lacks only the UI checkboxes cited above. Hence I classify this as a "Defect or Bug" item, not an "Enhancement or new feature request".

See also:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140711003648AAKWNRW

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ShalShal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really impossible !
        We are supposed by YAHOO RULES to screen pending members and ASK them whether they fit into the description of our groups
        for that, we have scheduled automated messages to go out to pending members BEFORE approval.
        Now you are telling us this is impossible? ???

But it used to be possible, how come it is impossible now ???

Pending members still do not get the automated mail requesting them to identify themselves to the moderators and their reason for joining!

while Yahoo asks moderators to approve only members who fit the group description !

Catch 22

PLease fix this, our prospective members cannot receive the automatic mail where we ask them to identify themselves to the moderators, while yahoo groups tells the moderators to check who the prospective members are before admitting them. How can we check, if the automated messages cannot reach them ????

We need to send pending members an automatic message, because we need to ask them to identify themselves to the moderators.
        This option is not available, members can only receive a message upon being accepted as members
        PLEASE FIX THIS

• MarionMarion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the options that we had before Neo for the files section. For those groups requiring an approval before joining, it would help us, as it dis before NEO. Now we have to write each applicant separately.

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moderators are currently having to manually send applicants the files that ought to go out upon pending subscription. Same for rejection. I hope Yahoo's review will result in the restoration of this vital moderator function.

Please include this additional option in the Notifications options. This is really needed and saves time.
        Thanks so much,
        Judy F.
        SW Florida - USA

• MaryDMaryD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this bug needs to be fixed. It makes no sense to omit it in the NEO version.

• Albert V.Albert V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too : it's a bug. I voted and commented the rejected entry, so ... let's try again

• Jeri DanskyJeri Dansky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this is a bug, not an enhancement. The list of ways you can schedule a file should be the same in both places (Management->Notifications and Files->Edit->Schedule Options).

Feedback and Knowledge Base