Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Today, the Yahoo Groups page layout is all messed up...

As it says, it is pretty much unusable. Photos have no icons for commenting or downloading or flagging. No "New Topic" button. Links over-run the page itself. See this image.
http://i.imgur.com/7Jc5pix.jpg

Also, been getting a "Showing only secure content" error for a while from IE.

48th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DeaDea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KeithKeith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ive managed to sort my overlapping text problem at last by changing my browser from internet explorer 9 to Google Chrome. Its works great now able to read messages again

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issues as seen in original comment. Groups unusable in this form. Clearing cookies, etc. no help.

Yahoo, it is approaching one year since you've imposed Neo on us. When will the torture end?

Its really annoying as I cannot respond to any ads. When you press reply you cannot send a response WHY!!!!!

• Keith CoxKeith Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it looks like im not the only one with the same problem, as mine is just like the previous message. Is there an easy fix yet!

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a mess. All sorts of overlapping text and thoroughly nasty looking. Pretty much unuseable. If they want uys to stop using groups, they are going the ri8ght way about it!

Same problem here day 4 and still not working and I also tried every option they offered and I reported the same.I also have vista IE-9 and removed abobe/s and explorer and reloaded all no help

• DeaDea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I finally got a reply from Yahoo. Sort of what I figured - must be YOUR problem, because we can't reproduce it. Do they not check this forum at all? At least 6 new posts in the last day about this issue exactly.

This is what they sent - I've tried it all, and it is BS - still having the issue.

"Thank you for being a Yahoo user since 2009. We appreciate you choosing to use Yahoo and truly hope you continue to use Groups, Mail and Messenger as you have been.

I understand you are unable view groups correctly. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I assure you that I will do what I can to help resolve your issue.

Problems in Yahoo products can be caused by your web browser. Our troubleshooting steps will fix most browser-related problems.

Fix browser and feature problems on Yahoo:
        http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&i=/cF98ADaBqmYBkVVh4Xjiw==

We've tried recreating the issue you described; however, we were unable to reproduce it.

What you're reporting could have been the result of a rare, one-time occurrence, or a temporary issue caused by our system, your browser, or a network-related issue between your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and our servers.

Additional information on this, and other Yahoo products, can be found on the Yahoo! help page.

If you have any further concerns regarding this issue Dea, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,
        Rashmi"

What a cop out. Sort of what I'm beginning to expect from Yahoo...

• DeaDea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@gloria garrett
        I have the same problem - most buttons are "lost". And it HAS NOT been fixed yet.

I'm sending new conversations via Yahoo Mail since I can't from the group page.

• DwightDwight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. I found that if I set IE: Tools: F12 Developer tools: Document mode: to IE8 the page displays normally. This adversely affects other web pages, however, and must be reset every time I open IE. I have IE9 on Windows Vista.

• gloria garrettgloria garrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the problem of "New Topic" purple button no longer
        there. I have rebooted as moderator suggested, but can no
        longer post. How did this get fixed for you. Thanks. I post
        our Farmers Market weekly update. Important marketing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base