Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Allow us to sort LINKS alphabetically; make alphabetical the LINK sort default.

Links are still sorted in date order, and that doesn't do us any good at all. We need to have the links sorted alphabetically so we can have some sense of when, while scrolling through the links list, to start looking for them. No sense looking for a file named zebra when you're still in the aardvark part of the link list. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get a sense of when to start looking when the links are sorted in date order, because if the link was added before a person joined the group, s/he'd have no idea when the link was added - and if you insist on keeping the links in date order, you force the group owner to keep an alphabetical reference list to let members know where the file is in the list.

5th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please read this which is one of many of the feedback requests and explanation to you. Take this OFF declined and make the sort in the drop down a permanent choice when you check off the alphabetical or date.

<<The folders as someone posted in Neo were always sorted by alphabetical order - both the folders and the contents in the folders. Then you changed it back almost a year later to sorting by date only. Sorting by date is not able to be used when you have hundreds of links or files. Each time you locate one, as soon as you open it or change to another one it automatically goes back to being sorted by date! You cannot locate any one link or file when it is sorted by date. The drop down where you can check off alphabetical should at the very least have a choice for what you want for a permanent default and not lose that ability to keep it in alphabetical order. It consistently changes back to sorting by date! Make it so it stays the chosen default being date or alphabetical. I fail to see what it is that you do not understand. Get someone who understands this basic order and how the lists Files and Links work.>> Sorting by date is an exercise in futility. It is useless and makes the Files and Links sections a waste of space.

• ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, Yahoo, can we say "stone cold tone-deaf?"

The ability to sort alphabetically is already there. It's under the Actions drop down.

So Yahoo could have marked this item "Completed", and explained that the control was already there and where to find it. That would been a positive user experience, and those who want Alphabetical to be default, or at least remembered, would realize that they need to write a new request and say so.

Instead Yahoo gave everyone a very negative experience.

Way to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

We need alphafeticall sorting this is the only way to find something again, otherwise what should we use soring for, nobody can remember dates!!!! Thank you for your assistance.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature of sorting alphabetically; it only makes sense. C'mon, this should be easy to do.

Conducting a search for a link on Yahoo shouldn't mean having to dig for 2 hours to find the item that's sitting right under your nose and could have been found in seconds if only it had been listed alphabetically instead of by date. I urge you to try and locate an item on this site with no known posting date...tic toc tic toc....times up! Pretty impossible, huh! C'mon, join the 21st century here and do what makes sense and facilitates ease of use of your site. This is not the only game in town.

I guess date could make some sense if you already knew when something was done but an alpha sort is a much more powerful tool.

• Jeff PongratzJeff Pongratz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "alphabetic" sort functionality is a great utility feature. It really comes in handy with trying to locate information for a specific need. As a long time Yahoo customer, I really hope Yahoo decides to reinstate this most "user friendly" feature.

• dan nguyendan nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only way I know how to sort through a huge files section is by alphabetical! Pls bring it back!

• Frank BlattermanFrank Blatterman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute necessity. I am an owner of one group, ans a Moderator on another. Prior to Neo this feature was available and was the main reason I chose Yahoo to be the repository and hosting platform for my site. Bringing this feature back would be an asset to the members of both groups. BTW I think both groups generate in access of 10,000 clicks per day combined. Let's market it easy for me to stay on Yahoo and not have to continue my search for an alternate site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base