Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Please repair the time zone function. I have seen our reminders post for a different time zone than the one we chose.

please repair the time zone function. I changed it just now to be a different time zone since the event reminders are posting for the wrong time. The system bumped out my change and put in a completely different one!!

40th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The calender sends out meeting reminders based on the time zone and we are unable to change it from gmt. People have been showing up at the wrong times for them. Please fix..

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The group calendar shows GMT. I set my location to my zipcode and my timezone for the group to Eastern Timezone and the group calendar still shows GMT. If I go back later my group setting still shows EST, but the calendar still shows GMT.

• David Mitton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Event reminders use GMT time zone, not US Eastern (EDT) as shown in the Group calendar header. I used the Actions dropdown to change it again. Seems they two can get out of sync.

• Zuni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We are in Arizona, but the time in the reminder shows as this:
    12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
    (GMT-07:00) Arizona

Our group members won't know what this means and how to know the correct time of the event. I attempted to fix the time by ensuring our time zone is correct but it hasn't fixed the issue. The problem has existed for several months. Seems easy enough to fix. I consider this a bug, not a suggestion. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After multiple attempts to correct the time for my events only to have yahoo repeatedly send out announcements with various INCORRECT times (e.g., 10 a.m. meetings announced as occurring at 1 p.m. or, worse, 5 a.m.????!!!!!), I have now deleted my yahoo groups and have moved to Mail Chimp.

Your loss is MY GAIN! Now I can add photos to my announcements! Mail Chimp is FABULOUS!

This has to be the most unfriendly calendar for our group. The time zone issue is causing us to think about leaving Yahoo Group.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to my group as well. We are US & Canada Central time and the reminders are being sent in GMT.
    This needs to be fixed PLEASE!

• MMc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time zone setting keeps changing when automated event reminders are sent. I have tried to correct this by resetting the Time Zone (Events, Actions, Options...) and saving the change (Eastern Time: US & Canada) but it continually changes to Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin/Edinburgh/Lisbon/London when the reminders go out. Up until about a month ago automated reminders went out from our events calendar without a problem. PLEASE correct or we will be unable to use the events calendar in our group. Thank you.

• Edward Croft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried following what someone said here to set the timezone back to ET but it remains at GMT. Calendar is correct, but notices go out with events four hours earlier. If this doesn't get fixed, then I will have to search for another group software to use.

OK, I just found a fix for this, I hope. On your group, go to Events. Under Events there's an Actions link. Clicking on Actions shows a dropdown menu, with a link for Options. Click on Options.

The ONLY available option on mine was a time zone set to Greenwich mean time (the time zone in the wrong notices that were just sent out). I have changed this time zone to Pacific, which is what the REST of the group uses. We'll see if this fixes the next round of notices.

I just had the same problem. My events are scheduled for a time and date in Pacific Daylight Time. Yahoo just emailed notices in Greenwich Mean Time. The site profile says the time zone is Pacific Time.

• Greg Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In August the one group I am owner of wouldn't send reminders. Now that that is fixed the reminder times are screwed up as yahoo is sending them out with a 4 hour time error. I can't get the time zone changed to save. Got a save message for 20 minutes. Seriously considering finding a competitor service now.

• Michael Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to change the time zone for group events Yahoo never responds. Must be a bug in their API or something. I tried Firefox and IE.

If I use calendar options to correct the reminders time zone, my changes will not save!

time of meetings is still goofed up. Changing your time zone does not seem to affect it.

• bclee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to some yahoogroups during an update. Go to More, Actions, Options and change to the appropriate timezone. Note that the appropriate timezone is not necessarily the one you're located in due to the lack of automatic daylight savings time change.

Feedback and Knowledge Base