Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

"Show Message History" is misleading

When Replying to a message, there is a link for "Show Message History", but people don't understand what this is.

Please change it to read "Include prior messages" ... we are having to train each new person on how to include prior messages in their threads ... no one seems to know what your link means.

21st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RogerRoger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David ADavid A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Show message history makes sense when you are viewing a message, but not when you are replying to it. The UI item is misleading. Therefore, "Declined" is an inappropriate disposition for this suggestion.

• SuSu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be better if message history is included as a default. Trying to follow any thread from the emailed posts is extremely difficult. The way it is set up now most people do not even see the link to show message history when responding to a post.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also add a check mark for post reply below or above the other messages, since it looks weird seeing it appear in both directions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see message history as default but would like it to show just the one message to which you are replying rather than a huge list of messages.

So show the post to which I am replying by default and if I want more posts included then I would have to do the work. This would be simpler than having no previous messages shown or a huge list of all previous messages both of which are less useful.

Feedback and Knowledge Base