Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Fix Database search field

The search field in database tables has been broken since mid-July. Please fix

31st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PaulaPaula shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AngieAngie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Everyone... I just found something interesting. When I use the Database search box, enter my search word and then click the magnifying glass, it does not work. BUT, when I enter the search criteria and then hit ENTER, it works! So this must be what the technician did to check it... simply hit ENTER. Please post here if you find this works so that the tech can simply fix the button if that is indeed the problem :)

OH brother! I don't know which group database you tried, but ours is still not working either. As I said before... if it is the first thing you go into your database and do is a search, before clicking on anything else, ONE search will sometimes work, but anything after that one search, it blinks and stays on the original page of EVERY entry in the table. ADMIN/Support, please try more than one search in one group before determining that it works "fine". It doesn't! So frustrating to finally get someone to look at this and then they really DON'T!

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got the notice that it's been fixed ('completed') on Sept 8th, but after trying the search function in both Firefox and Opera browsers, it still doesn't work. In a table of 20 rows, the search function does not bring up the one row I'm searching for -- all 20 rows remain despite any search word I use. Still broken as far as I can see.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still cannot search database by name or any field within the database where members list information.

Thank you for reviewing this problem, Yahoo folks. It's been nearly two months of a broken search field for our database (H-C group) and we desperately need it working again.
        --Paula, 9/6/14

Since the data base is in alpha order, we need the Search engine to work. Please fix.

Agree... please get the database search engine to work correctly. Seems we can do ONE successful search and then it will not work any longer.
        Second issue reported months ago.. ONE column in my database is does not allow editing. It is the Phone number column and it is vital that this column work as numbers change. I am trying to get numbers moved over to another column that does work so I can delete the offending column, but fear all the work will be for not because the colulmn won't delete when I am ready to do so. Fix my column pleeeeease. It's the 3rd one from the left, not counting the entry number column you guys added that is of no use btw. I have been asking in "answers" to which I get none. Support even turned the issue into techs and nothing. Guess they aren't very good maybe?? My group is relivdistributors

The search field in the databases is still not working as of 17 August 2014. Please fix.

Ours is a genealogy groups. We use the database as a tool to research the info submitted in conversations. Please restore the search feature.

The search field in databases is not working. Also, very slow loading a file with only 1400 records.

As of 9 August, the search field in the database tables is still not working. Please fix this.

• Sue GSue G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the database search field! We need this feature to function if we are going to use your product successfully. Thank you.

Our group has tables that members have a row in. Many are deleting the rows of others as they have trouble finding their row. The search function that worked at one time is crucial for members just bringing up their own row to add data.

• alicealice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the database search field as quickly as possible. Some of us rely on this feature daily and it is of importance to us and others that Yahoo maintains working tools.

Feedback and Knowledge Base