Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Our reminders are coming out with a completely wrong time from the actual times of the events in the calendar, which is causing confusion.

Our reminders are coming out with a completely different time for the events than what is in the calendar-it is just randomly making up times! This is causing mush confusion. Please Fix!

27th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two reminders were just posted this week in my YahooGroup for an event on 28 January! Reminders on this event are set for 3 days and 1 day in advance. This is five weeks ahead of schedule. Group name: cosrocs

• NoIncomeTax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been about a year I've posted this issue. Probably with a different subject title. But it is a pain in the backside. The time shows correct in the Event Calendar but the reminder messages are 4 to 5 hours off. My webinars that run from 8 - 9 pm have 4 - 5 pm on the reminder email.

• Scott Clinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about the developers get a clue? Or call me, I have lead teams of developers for 3 decades!

Just add a timezone poplist to each group please!!! And when you ask your lead why this was not done the last time and they say "...it was not in the specification..." you an remember this post and once again wonder why you hired this fool (and don't blame IT, blame your hiring manager and HR).

• Peggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set up some dates in my groups event calendar. Now I can not even bring the calendar up to view. The members who can see it can not change it or add anything. Is this feature not working now?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue - events set up in eastern time and reminders come out in (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London - which messes everything up. Please fix.

• Sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel your pain.
    My groups calendar has been broken for a year and a half. At some point after I asked for it to be "repaired" something was tweaked and now we get incorrect meeting times e-mails. When I complained about it (after repeated attempts to contact Yahoo), my answer was dinged as "inappropriate" because I implied no at Yahoo was listening.

• Cornell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is listed as being under review. it has been under review for seven months. When are you going to fix it? It shouldn't be hard: just return the Groups Calendar to the previous version.

Dear Yahoo Groups - please address the incorrect times on the calendar notifications. It creates confusion. Perhaps it's time to move over to FB....

• Emelise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Yahoo Group calendar for the Louisiana Hiking Club continues to send out erroneous notices of our scheduled meetings, showing wrong dates and incorrect times. This has created confusion among our members regarding meeting times and dates. Please correct this problem.

Also, the search tool on our data base file does not work at all!

I notice that you have labeled this issue as Under Review. One of the Yahoo Groups to which I belong uses the Calendar significantly. Perhaps, I should say tries to use the group in light of the ongoing problems that have been going on for quite a long time. This causes disgust -- to put it mildly -- several times per month. After the latest and very recent incident, one member raised the issue of going to another group. If Google Groups were to have a calendar, I would second his suggestion. I'm very tempted to query a discussion group of another club to which I belong (a computer club) about alternatives to Yahoo Groups.

Have you dummies ever considered reinstating the old Yahoo Group Calendar format?

Shai,

This occurs even when the personal calendar is set to the time zone as the Yahoo Group Calendar. This did not occur with the previous Group Calendar format. Furthermore, corrections are very temporary and then revert to the old problem. BRING BACK THE OLD CALENDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that so many Yahoo Group users are having problems demonstrates that Yahoo was in error when it made the change. It is obvious that the techies do not function in the real world. As the saying goes, it it isn't broke, don't fix it. Whoever came up with changing the Yahoo Group Calendar format should be fired.

• SandyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem with time zones for our group. Should be eastern time zone -- that's what I select under Options -- yet it never 'sticks', but returns to GMT. This has been a problem for months.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here - I'm trying to set up a recurring event. I set it for Eastern time zone and it posts as GMT. It's a recurring event and I've had people show up at night for an afternoon event! Not cool, yahoo.

I have my events to be sent at midnight CST and they're going out at 5:00 pm for the following day. Not cool. Everything is set to CST. NOW, if that's not annoying enough, I can't even get into the calendar for the past two days. I get the message: Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later. What does that even mean? I am the owner and manager of the group. I have access. FIX!

• Cinthia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been going on for months!! It never gets the time zone set properly. the zone that displays on the top of the calender is GMT. I am in PST. I have to constantly check the calendar because half of my events will magically post to GMT on their own. Reminders are inaccurate. How hard is it to fix Yahoo? Do you not check these comments????

• Edward Croft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is just going from bad to pathetic. I check every day to see if this issue is fixed. Today I go to reset my TZ and I get Edit options not available.

For the last couple of weeks we are getting no email reminders at all from any event in our group. I wonder if this is a fix for for the ones that were coming a week ahead of time or for the wrong time zone.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base