Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Can not edit or delete calendar event

Many years ago I created a repeating calendar event under an old logon that no longer exists from a discontinued e-mail address. Now that I have a new logon, I can not edit or delete that old calendar event. I get the following message: "Edit" Permissions Not Available. How can I delete the old calendar event from the GCMA Group?

78th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Francis Sauciunas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Don Pottenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm the group owner and can't edit, delete or do much of anything with events in our calendar. Just another case in a long line of broken calendar issues that has been going on now for years.
    In fact, today I could not even get to my group at all. it disappeared entirely. Yahoo, you really need to apply some resources to the group problems that have been mostly occurred since you went to the new neo UI.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the EDIT EVENTS problem on Yahoo groups calendar. I cannot edit an event I did not post - thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like this problem has existed for SOME for quite a long time. Perhaps Yahoo has to fix a group individually? It is now at least three months, maybe more, but less than six, since I have been able to delete an event from the calendar. We are now sending out birthday reminders for DEAD people. Could someone PLEASE FIX THIS! I have spent almost all my votes on this problem, and it's still ranked 90th! PLEASE! This is EMBARRASSING! I NEED to be able to DELETE or even edit, events on my group calendar! I am the OWNER, and I set up the calendar originally, and am the only one who enters into it.

• Jacque E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that is ****. My late grandmother created all the events and I took it over, so now, becauseven Yahoo doesn't want to further develop their calendar I have to readd every event.

• Jacque E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a group owner and have the same problem. My events no longer send reminders and the only way to fix it was to remove the events and readd them but I get this error so I cannot do it. I need this fixed ASAP.

• Dave R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am group owner and I am getting the same problem with the error message about access being processed - check back later. Please fix!

• Theresa Normandin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. It has been over a year. I want to go into Events and delete an annual post but the system keeps telling me "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later." Please fix this!

• Matthew Tiscareno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. I can neither delete these spurious repeating calendar items, nor can I prevent them from spamming my group. Does anyone from Yahoo read this?

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here! Our events calendar includes individual, one-shot events. It also includes a calendar of significant event dates in the history of science and astronautics, which are set to repeat annually. Often, as new data come to light, these events NEED TO BE EDITED.

I can only edit/delete individual, one-shot events. Every time I try to edit or delete an old, inaccurate annual event I get , "OOPS! Sorry something has gone wrong. Edit permissions are not available."

I am the owner / moderator. This problem has existed for at least 6 months, probably longer. It's rather embarassing to have reminders going out to our members celebrating the birthdays of significant people who are no longer alive! I'm the laughing stock some of our members like to pick on.

It seems that once I set an event to repeat regularly, it becomes set in stone and I am completely locked out of it. Pleeeeeeeeeeease fix this.

• Bipin Bakshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a new group the link is broken. I want to set Birthday Reminders in a group where I am the owner. The link is not operating. For Another group it works well

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have this problem... Although I'm the group 'owner' I don't appear to have permission to edit past events? How do I get this fixed as the calendar continues to send reminders for events that aren't actually happening?

Feedback and Knowledge Base