Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Restore "add user" for group owners or owners and moderators

Elderly and computer inept applicants are unable to deal with convoluted invitation process. Please restore the "add user" function.

69th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SigneSigne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just formed a subgroup from an existing group of 300 members. Many who wished to join simply gave up. Subscription procedure is a real headache.

I am having a terrible time getting people to respond to the Add to Mailing List invitation. I was an owner/moderator of another yahoogroup 8 years ago, and it let me add people to the list without forcing them to respond to an email. But the current yahoogroups system won't allow that. Googlegroups allows it, so why doesn't YahooGroups want to stay competitive and offer the same feature?

• Katherine WolfthalKatherine Wolfthal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I have members who can't figure out how to sign up. I want them on the group and they want to be there. Please bring back "Add Member."

• Päivi ViiriPäivi Viiri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the members of our community can't English and are not familiar with this kind of registrations, so they are not replying on invitations. How could I add them to our mailing list?

I agree! I have too many club members that cannot figure out how to sign on to our group and decide it isn't worth all the effort after spending several hours trying to figure it out. It was really nice to be able to add members like that to the group automatically. Our members hate that
        they cannot be automatically added like in the past.

• RoverRover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that won't happen. Use the invite and "add to mailing list" feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base