US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please restore the slim view to subject headers only

It's very difficult to browse messages online when three lines of text are displayed, as is now the case. It's fine to offer this as an option, but please give us back the option to view just the subject lines.

855th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. display of messages

Please consider displaying more characters in the title of the message. Currently, these are limited to few characters followed by ellipsis. Readers would like to know the topic at a glance.

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. YouTube Videos No Longer Playable Within Archived Messages

For several months now, YouTube videos have not been appearing in the inline video player of archived messages. The black box where one should go is there, just not the video itself. I had assumed that this was some out-of-date Flash problem, but today I posted a link to a vimeo video and it came through looking just as it should. Right below it was a blank black patch where the YouTube version should have gone.

Oh, and it would also be nice if the order of the inline players could always match that of the links above them. Sometimes…

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. cancel this group .

junk mail posts only. please close .

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. the practice of masking ads as group messages is over the top - what are you thinking? At least add a subtle background to ad "messages"

The practice of masking ads as group messages is over the top - what are you thinking? At least add a subtle background on ad 'messages'
    thanks

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Our SDCH dances are scheduled for 6:00 to 9:15 pm on Sundays" but reminder says?? When Monday, 16 February 2015 04:00 AM to 07:15 AM (GMT)

Monday, 16 February 2015
    04:00 AM to 07:15 AM
    (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London
    Where

The ABOVE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE??? OUR DANCE IS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY HAWAIIAN STD. TIME. I GET REPLIES ASKING IF OUR DANCES WAS CHANGED TO MONDAY?? THE "WHEN MONDAY, 16 FEBRUARY 2015 04:00AM TO 07:15 AM (GMT) GREENWICH Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London CONFUSING!!!!!

Ala Wai Golf Course (404 Kapahulu Ave. 2nd floor), Honolulu Hawaii 96815
    Notes
    Our SDCH dances are scheduled for 6:00 to 9:15 pm on Sundays. Here is the…

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making it easy to unsubsribe. I am inundated with messages to my email in box and can't stop them being sent

Making it easy to unsubsribe. I am inundated with messages to my email in box and can't stop them being sent

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. this is not for the feedback, but i would like to know what do you mean moderator and what are the steps or procedures and how to become

this is not for the feedback, but i would like to know what do you mean moderator and what are the steps or procedures and how to become a moderator

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Haven't tried to use Yahoo Groups in a long time. What I see today is HORRIBLE! Such a simple concept - yet it is so difficult to use.

For one thing, when I tried to view the messages of a group I just joined, it kept loading and loading and loading more and more messages. Kept resizing the scroll bar and jumping around. What ever happend to the idea of showing a PAGE AT A TIME with "next" "back" navigations? Why take such a step backwards? If we wanted to see a Facebook interface, we'd be on that site. This is a group site - let it be just that. Cut and dry - simple to use - like it used to be years ago.

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rank Website in Yahoo

Generally, we promot4e site in Google with different SEO technics, it there any specific promotion theory to promote website in yahoo or just follow same method same as Google?

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. those are private to the yahoo groups and they are old REMOVE THEM FROM THE WEB

you should not allow private group conversation to be open to google........WTF is wrong with you morons??? those were private conversations not for the whole world..................REMOVE THEM AND GET THEM OFF LINE!!!

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot access conversation history in Messenger Please fix this feature

Was able to access chat history through messenger for some reason it has stopped working over the last couple of weeks. I don't know if this is a feature you have done away with or if there is a problem. Either way it needs to be made available once again.

393rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hallo my idea would be to give on so called adult questions also an adult answer with full names and in aome matters with adult photos, ..

pls. donot forget that the social media are number 1 in all discussions,
    therefore the whole groupsidea has to be updated and not secured,
    through another programm to get a censure on some comments and photos , we can take our own responsibility , be open and donot get hot from your own questions in some matters. sometimes I got that idea, yahoo is getting outdated for a lot of people. you created groups
    so get some ction in it whole idea. regards john westre

106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the past few months I've seen dozens of spam posts in my subscribed groups. Can't you filter these out?

In the past few months I've seen dozens of spam posts in my subscribed groups. Can't you filter these out?
    This in SBCEPR

Want To Hook Up With A Fresh Love?
    Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:40 am (PST) . Posted by:
    "Kyla Pyburn" marissapoolingsb0
    Get Closer To A Cute Intimate Adventure Tonight!
    Find Out Matchmaking Service For Single Daters

>>> http://bit.ly/1uBPcJE

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 855th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No delete icon. Unable to delete an accidental posting of a personal message !!!!

Unable to find delete icon to delete personal message !

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some groups messages I cannot open and read. Also I cannot reply or send a group email.What is the deal?

I cannot post a group email. Also, some of the emails I cannot read. Please help!

2439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base