US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am done with Yahoo Groups

You have taken away the most useful features of Groups. I have ported all of my data from my Yahoo Groups over to Groups.io and will be deleting my groups. They, at least, are interested in how their users use their groups. What a dumb business decision unless you were going for everyone to abandon their group. So long Yahoo!

2328th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo's explanation of what is ACTUALLY going to happen to Yahoo Groups is unclear.

Why won't Yahoo offer some real-time chat or even email support in order to EXACTLY understand what is going to be changing in Yahoo Groups. I have managed a group for over 15 years, and I can read, but it is NOT clear what exactly is happening, nor any specific helpful information on what to do at this point.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As moderator for a private group, will I still be able to access member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members?

Ad moderator for a private group, with the changes effective October 28, 2019, will I still be able to access current member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members to join the group? Please advise.

2117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unhappy with Yahoo - Again

Yahoo says that taking away all the info, pictures, and posts will "better align" with member usage of the groups. Someone at Yahoo should be fired. Better yet, Yahoo should continue to lose loyal members due to the continued lack of insight into what members actually want.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Owner of a group has died and I want to become the new owner

Steve Monk (Stonewall) had a bad stroke in June. Sadly, he passed away on September 8.

I could not find an online obituary for him. His main page is at

https://www.facebook.com/steve.monk.5205 .You can leave a message for his family there.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The owner of a group I am in died in 2017.

There are no active mods. Can I or someone else get the moderator role?

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. LWCommunityPost owner, Harry Wettig, died in 2013

No members know how to Admin. Please make me the Admin. acbaird

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm unable to delete group. I'm the only moderator the and only owner abandoned the group many years ago.

Please allow me to delete a group as the only acting moderator on a group with no active owner.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleted a group by mistake!

I deleted a group yesterday by mistake when I was trying to delete a different group. Is there a way to recover the group that was mistakenly deleted? The group's name is ee-82@yahoogroups.com. TIA for any help!

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Yahoo deleting all data - "Improvements to groups" - Where is the improvements?

Saving data that spans over 10 years is a pain in the a**! I don't trust the "we'll send an email" if you want to download the data through Yahoo. Going through each post complete with replies and each photo is ridiculous! This is NOT an improvement Yahoo! How many groups have been deleted this last month since the notice? How many people have discontinued their paid Yahoo accounts? I suspect its quite a lot.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. WHY NOT Jan 1 closing? This is catching everyone off guard.

Medical research files will be lost. Corporate, I am sorry for you that the ill-will you are causing will lose more customers. Be reasonable. JAN 1

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remédiez-vous au problème (photo/albums/attachements) depuis 4 mois ?

• c'est impossible d'ajouter des photos dans les albums

• c'est souvent impossible de les consulter.

• les images en pièces jointes ne figurent plus dans les conversations.

• Soyez plus à l'écoute de vos fidèles clients.

• Et répondez quand ils ont un problème !

• ce problème ne figure pas dans "aide générale" !
      SVP / Merci

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggest you...leave groups alone before we leaveYahoo and you become Myspace...worthless.

Suggest you leave the Yahoo Groups alone...when the photos are gone, WE leave not to return and you will become worthless as Myspace is now.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allowing Groups Owners to Post Files and Groups Photo

In the new rules that Yahoo announced, the owners still need to be able to post such important files as the Group's Guidelines as well as the Group Photo. Will that be possible?

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. İ have not been able to invite members to my group over the past 3 days!

As the moderator i am not able to invite members to my group! Noone pending noone bouncing simply they can not become members! And there is no explanation, noone to ask help for as to the HELP sections? Well they suck. No answer to my problem. Yahoo what is the use for YahooGroups if your Group is not working!?

1573rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possible improvement of Groups:

Ok, so first page could be possible to arrange her look, statistics of views and possible o select them by countries, then- a magazine for members- if possible payed for members- means in group is section for mag and I can ask members for some payment,....

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make moderators owners if they are the only part of management left.

Need some help, as 2 of the owners recently passed. The third was hacked while traveling abroad and can't get back in to manage the group. I have limited ability or power as the only moderator left. If I could make her new email, the owner I would. This would solve the problem as she can then make others owners and more moderators.

123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No Photo is vissible for any user... disgussting and boaring

there is no Photo visible for users, even Thumbs are undefined
    its apsolutly boaring and only helps to quit.

2328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base