US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cant approve/see messages ?

Cant approve/see pending messages ?

430th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moderation commands ???

You destroyed all the moderation commands at the same time as what made groups interesting.
    Today if you do not restore them, my 6 moderate groups are dead .... (more than 4400 members)
    In addition you do not read your "help" section where hundreds of moderators have already pointed it out to you and ask for help!

628th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alllow us to MODERATE postings again... PLEASE!!!!

You have removed the ability to MODERATE posts. That means that we again have people posting OFF-TOPIC messages and SPAM.

The whole point of a MODERATED GROUP is to be able to MODERATE it!

550th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy.

You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy. You suck seriously. So arrogant. So slopppy. Just useless. See the upcoming articles about your demise in NY Times

see Management > Control Panel > About > Feedback

1026th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Once your group data is downloaded, how do you DELETE the group?

When I look for how to delete the group, the instructions have not been updated following the Oct 28/Dec 14 changes.

HOW DO YOU DELETE A GROUP?

2151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I cant find list of items waiting to be approved by me the moderator

I cant find list of items waiting to be approved by me the moderator
    in other words will not let me access items that are pending approval

1596th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm unable to delete group. I'm the only moderator the and only owner abandoned the group many years ago.

Please allow me to delete a group as the only acting moderator on a group with no active owner.

2151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. let me change the cover picture at the group

WHEN can we change the group photo cover

2151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. As moderator for a private group, will I still be able to access member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members?

Ad moderator for a private group, with the changes effective October 28, 2019, will I still be able to access current member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members to join the group? Please advise.

1596th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am done with Yahoo Groups

You have taken away the most useful features of Groups. I have ported all of my data from my Yahoo Groups over to Groups.io and will be deleting my groups. They, at least, are interested in how their users use their groups. What a dumb business decision unless you were going for everyone to abandon their group. So long Yahoo!

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give us back the ability to control whose posts must be moderrated.

There used to be a setting whereby we could moderat eindividual members or the group as a whole. I don't see either one anymore. Please stop breaking features that have been around forever and put this back. every thime you change something you break even more. Just stop it.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clear out our deleted members more quickly, so we can send another invitation to a similar address.

I deleted someone who wasn't getting her group email (because a dot was left out of her email address). I sent an invitation to join with the correct address (with a dot between names). It told her she was a member or couldn't join, Have tried to get her on the group several times, to no avail. Nothing i can find in help! Not sure why this is such a problem.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Yahoo Group Destruction :-(

I believe that the changes you have made to the Groups affect one of your best services. A service for which you were still competitive.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo's explanation of what is ACTUALLY going to happen to Yahoo Groups is unclear.

Why won't Yahoo offer some real-time chat or even email support in order to EXACTLY understand what is going to be changing in Yahoo Groups. I have managed a group for over 15 years, and I can read, but it is NOT clear what exactly is happening, nor any specific helpful information on what to do at this point.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Messages

Restore messages and ability to see them. Or at least let groups that had settings where you couldn't post e-mail post by it again.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SOCIAL MEDIA is NOT an illegal place ...

SOSYAL MEDYA HUKUKSUZLUK ORTAMI DEĞİLDİR...
    [TURKIYEHABER] TURKIYEHABER@yahoogroups.com
    markamızı kullanyor ve bize zarar veriyor kapatılmasını istiyoruz
    MARKAMIZI TAKLİT EDİYOR ve SPAM MAİLLER GÖNDEDEREK SİBER TERÖR SUÇU İŞLİYORSUNUZ…
    Sadece bana 14 bin adet spam mail geldi ve mail kurum kilitlendi…
    Bu ahlaksızlıktır… Siber terördür…
    Ayrıca;
    Türkiye Haber Gazetemizin ismidir...
    Markamız ve yasal yayınımızdır...
    Türkiye Haber adıyla Gazetemiz ve Türkiye Haber Ajansı; 2004 yılında kurulmuş medya kuruluşudur…
    "TÜRKİYE HABER" Gazete ve Haber Ajansıdır...
    BU KAPSAMDA ANAYASA'yı ihlal ediyor, ayrıca Basın Kanunu ve Bilişim suçlarını kapsayan Kanunlar çerçevesinde suç işliyorsunuz...
    İHTARNAME
    Türkiye Haber adının bizim fikri mülkiyetimiz olduğunu ve kullanılamayacağını,
    TÜRKİYE HABER GAZETESİ VE…

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. LWCommunityPost group Admin is dead. How can the group get another Admin?

LWCommunityPost group Admin is dead. How can the group get another Admin?

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop LYING about getting pictures from yahoo groups IE " Yahoo Customer Care‏ @YahooCare Dec 21 Hello Julie. Photos and files can be saved r

Allow photos and files to be downloaded from groups, as YAHOO Customer care descsribed on Dec 21 (while other news stories say pictures and files deleted for good on Dec 14). Also go back in time and notify me of the Groups data destruction. I use Yahoo email EVERY DAY as my main email and manage about 10 groups but did not see a notification. Bad business losing trust in you Yahoo. Hello Google.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add filter to select members by "hard" and "soft" bounces.

To help me management, it would be great if there was a filter to display only members who are having "hard" and "soft" bounces. It would make it easier to keep my membership list up-to-date.

2418th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base