US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Try bringing groups into the 21st century, or just discontinue it.

It's like the 1990s web. Interface is godawful, you can post a picture. Get a UX team, get a designer, get developers who give a ****, or just go out of business. Seriously.

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop messing about with my mail box!

Please stop messing about with my mail box!

2214th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2214th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really good if message history messages had a delete all to delete message history mails without it taking hours to delete

give us a delete all option in message history mails so we as group owners do not have to spend hours deleting message history thanks for hearing

2027th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You can improve Groups by putting things back to the way they were and STOP messing with things that are working without problems.

You can improve Groups by putting things back to the way they were and STOP messing with things that are working without problems

371st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Moderators to insert/add subscriber's full names when missing in list

We have a number of people that did not add first and last name as they subscribed, Seems impossible to get them to go in and modify their account and add the name information. PLEASE allow moderator/owner to edit and add the name to the record..

Otherwise, we have to maintain TWO list.

654th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Feature: allow "posting" column of groups list to be sortable

Would be nice to have the member list be sortable by any field (currently one can only sort by "joined"). Sort by first, last, delivery, posting and email are all handy at times.

Or... support spreadsheet export.

---

The new Neo is really not working out very well. But maybe it can be fixed.

1502nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need Moderator Functions

I moderate a group of non-techie senior citizens who can't manage setting up yahoo IDs, so they join our yahoogroup as email-only users. I need to be able to do the following as a moderator:
    - change a member's email address
    - add or change a display name for a member of the group

434th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Some member have reported getting a "sorry, an unknown error occured while processing the request".

Some of my pending members have reported getting a "sorry an unknown error occurred while processing the requrest when they've tried to join.

176th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. yahoo chat rooms

kindly restart yahoo chat rooms. it was the best feature in a way to connect to the people all over the world

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need more space for motions that are posted via Group polls. Can you please allow more characters than 200? Like maybe 1000?

We need more space for motions that are posted via Group polls. Can you please allow more characters than 200? Like maybe 1000?

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  268 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please reinstate the ability to search by topic or word (currently only can search by message #)

Groups used to be able to search by topic or word, now it seems you can only search by message #; no body remembers the message number!

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DECLINED! - Allow us to sort LINKS alphabetically; make alphabetical the LINK sort default.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6205141-allow-us-to-sort-links-alphabetically-make-alphab#comments

Take this off of declined. The folders as someone posted in Neo were always sorted by alphabetical order - both the folders and the contents in the folders. Then you changed it back almost a year later to sorting by date only. Sorting by date is not able to be used when you have hundreds of links or files. Each time you locate one, as soon as you open it or change to another one it automatically goes back to being sorted by date! You cannot locate any one link or file when it is sorted by date. The…

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can you please give us the option to permantly block obvious SPAM addresses or at least direct thier subsequent posts to the SPAM filter.

We are getting SPAM posted by non-members. We would like to permantly block obvious SPAM addresses or at least direct them to the SPAM filter where they can be moderated. Thank you for your consideration.

592nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unable to Search by Topic

Unable to search by topic or message content. Instead the only thing it appears that you can search by is the message number which is next to useless if you don't know or don't remember which message it was that contained the information you are looking for!

592nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The yahoo group that I am a member of should automatically be on my page when I sign in

The groups that I am a member of should automatically be on my yahoo page. I should not have to search for my group, which by the way I can not find. I should not even have to do any more than log in and there should be an MY GROUPS Button with a drop down of the groups I am a member of. This should be a no-brainer. I had to sign up and be excepted into one of my groups, so it's ridiculous that it is not automatically on MY PAGE.
    Now take this suggestion and fix the…

2027th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. have a second red box to check to prevent you from receiving repeated adds. So you don't have to keep erasing repeated adds everyday- thanks

have a second red box to check on our emails to block repeated email adds to our inbox. You could simply check the red box to the right to prevent you from receiving adds that appear every day-once and for all.

thanks dale

2214th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. See a list of groups within the Areas

Make it easier to see the capcha's (sp?) ... I'm not an idiot, but I'm 0/10 and the audio option is not working...

Also make it easier to delete your membership.

2214th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I like Classic Mail better because I can cut and paste a photo to a new article without it going to an (STUPID) attachment. Many in my group

I like Classic Mail better because I can cut and paste a photo to a new article without it going to an (STUPID) attachment. Many in my group don’t get the photo. Please fix

2214th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base