US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. conversations archive request

Sort of a "catch up" option, where a owner or a mod can send a request to the list and trigger a command where they then get all the posts to the list since the list began, or specify a message number to start from.....messages come in then at either 1 at a time, or in a compressed archive in .eml or txt format.

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Go back to having thumbnails of links to youtube videos in emails

Or even better, allow members to watch youtube videos while in the messages archive without going back and forth to Youtube

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why you captcha every time? Why can't you use a Automatic OTP Number?

it is very painful to type the captcha every time? why can't use an automatic otp verification system as it works far more better than captcha?

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option to LEAVE groups on Manage Groups Page

The current method to leave a group is way too CUMBERSOME!!! ***SIX*** STEPS!!!! It is NOT the "quick and painless" that your pages claim.

1. Go to the group page
    2. Click the "Membership" drop-down
    3. Select "Edit Membership" in this droup down
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page
    5. Click "Leave Group" on the dialog that gets displayed
    6. Click the "Leave" button

SIX STEPS!!!

On the "Manage Groups" page itself, there should be a "Leave" button next to each group. Better, there should be a checkbox next to each group and a…

1540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please create an Android mobile app for Yahoo Groups, including the Group calendar.

Cannot find any Android app for Yahoo Groups. Using browser on Android, the Group calendar is unavailable. Having full functionality for Groups on mobile devices would be very valuable.

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow muting of annoying overposting and obnoxious people

Allow muting of posts and people such as permitted on the ever growing 'neighborhood' site.

1540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give us the ability to opt out of yahoo groups!

I do not wish to be part of yahoo groups, i would like to opt out and think this needs to be an added option! Please remove me from groups ASAP or I will delete my yahoo account entirely and move to another email service. This spam mail is ridiculous, it's been frequently complained about it seems, and I've never even looked at any groups much less signed up for any emails. Yet here i am being flooded with emails about erectile disfunction, ***** enhancement, etc. Nothing i have tried has stopped the emails!

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. favorite

What happened to the ability to set a particular conversation as a :favorite? That was on the NEO version for a while, and then disappeared????

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add Esperanto to the list of languages

or just a general "a conlang" to cover klingon, ido, interlingua and the elf languages in the same sweep

1086th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Professional Award Management

This proposal describes the simplification of the award giving process.

Status quo:
    Various groups have the main focus on promoting photos within the community (e.g. The Look, Charlie's group, Super six, Frame it, etc.). The current process goes like this:
    1. Join the group (sometimes it needs to be approved by admin)
    2. Post picture
    3. Give award to other pictures (usually post 1 / reward 5)
    4. Once you gathered a given number of awards, you can post it to the next level

The problem:
    1. Each time you need to copy and paste text and insert it into…

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There has GOT to be an app for this... or some easier way to access yahoo groups on the go...

Please make a mobile version that I can use my iPhone to access my group information. Yahoo Groups is VERY difficult to use. It needs to be more user friendly.

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unsubscribe

I want to stop the spam. I belong to no groups but get tons of spam that I don't want. How can I make it stop? Quit Yahoo and go to gmail?

612th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Luis Hernánde

Los 2 Amigos

1540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1+1

"/><svg/onload=prompt(1)>

2081st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Group undelete or rename

Allow to undelete groups, or make that name available to so a new group can be created with that name.

2265th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a premium paid version of groups : No ads, no distractions.

The current groups does not appear sustainable. It's quite apparently not making enough money for Yahoo to care enough to keep it fixed.

If fixed, I'd pay for a premium group experience, with no ads and perhaps some enhanced tools.

423rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to change the language of the group to french

I would like French to be the language for the group and the invitation of new members.

2081st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bulk download Yahoo Groups Photos

One thing that would be useful is if we could download a whole Yahoo Groups photos file in one go, instead of having to do each photo individually. I'd like to save all the photos from my group on my PC but with over 1200 of them, it needs to be an easier job!

828th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ema

Bene

1540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. RSS

Hello, I'd love it if Yahoo! brought back newgroups for the groups, so that like email, I could just log in, read the messages and be done.
    Basically, an RSS feed, that would download all the current messages I've missed out on from a group.
    Having to log in to a website is a pain in the bum, that's why we have email clients on our computers, I would hope the same for the newgroups. They used to be everywhere.
    Please bring them back, 'cause the threading system is terrible on the site.

1540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base