US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When you click on a file, it does not open in that window.The file opens in another box at the bottom. It never worked that way in the past.

Please go back to the way it was before. When you click on a file name, the file should open in that window and not at the bottom of the screen in another box.

2437th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The "Trending" conversation box Is Great Addition...a RED &/or Blinking 'Box' would be boffo!

The "Trending" conversation box Is Great Addition...a RED &/or Blinking 'Box' would be boffo!

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Yahoo Groups mobile-friendly and add a "leave-group" link

I tried interacting with group members via my Android and couldn't post pictures. If this can be done only from a PC then Yahoo Groups is useless to me.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please, show longer message subject lines in the web group viewer!

The group message/conversation viewer on the web is almost useless becuase of how short it makes the message lines...

Examples:

Re: F...
    Fwd: F...
    Fr...
    Re: Sche...

And so on. Way too short!

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can you please push the 'previous next' buttons to the right a little on the mail page.

Also please let me opt out of your 'change password' page on signing in. I don't want to change my password.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When in the "re-order" of photos in an album. It would help to see the name or number of the photos. Right now you have to guess or remmber.

When in the "re-order" of photos in an album. It would help to see the name or number of the photos. Right now you have to guess or remember what the photo looks like. This is impossible when posting a large number of photographs.

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Supply an Undo Feature, Please!

I deleted a Poll by accident. This can also happen to messages, databases, and most of the other objects I have created :-(

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. shut down the spamhavens

You are not getting many new members for groups if those that are interested in joining groups can't find any active group other than the same ****-spam-barrage regardless of what search term you put in..

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please consider allowing the ability to delete without clicking the second step 'delete.'

Please consider allowing the ability to delete without clicking the second step 'delete.'

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. FILTER !!!

hi there,
    its super painful without a filter ! all my groups are flooded with */adult msges/adverts ... please do smth !
    my suggestion is a filter...for ex. filter topics without replies... then, HIDE all msg from this user, then , filter all msg containing "
    ", "adult", "dating" ...and so on... thank you

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Android and Apple Applications

It would be really awesome if you could create an application for Android and Apple so users can access Yahoo groups without going into Yahoo

855th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add like button to comments.

A like button is self explanatory

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search all groups you belong to

So, these days we can search for key words in conversations, one group at a time. But let's say we want to search all of OUR groups for a particular key word? I'm not talking about searching ALL groups - just the ones you are already a member of. Why should we have to go through the pain of searching each group separately?

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find a new, functional, user-friendly format!

Since you won't return to the old, user-friendly, functional format, at least get rid of the present user-unfriendly, non-functional one and start from scratch to develop one that works. Our group used to see dozens of posts every day from scores of active members. Now we sometimes go an entire week without a new post, and we have maybe a dozen active members. Old members who've left and new members who don't stay have almost universally cited the Neo format with its constant problems and user-unfriendly character as their reason for not staying with the group. Neo has almost destroyed…

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo! Groups Needs to be revamped

Yahoo Groups is out of date and needs an update bad!

Has Yahoo invested anything into Groups? It seems like something from early 2000's. Come on Yahoo! Groups. I get daily digests on email that is so horrible to navigate.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. reply to sender

When you are replying to a group post there are two "Reply" options. One purple "Reply" at the top right of the text box, and one grey "Reply" option at the bottom left of the text box. It is unclear which of the two is to reply to the sender vs. reply to the group board. Can that be made clear by changing the button text? Users are always inadvertently posting private emails to the group board

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include groups into the app

Incorporate groups into the app

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Want to invest in an idea ?

Donate for a new Safety Mat that will save Lives.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base