US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Home page fix

Home page 'message history' matrix box bottom-year row links do not work because the buttons for 'search conversation' and arrow for 'top page' superimpose and disrupt the hot links of the row first year of posts to the group sitting underneath the buttons. The home page needs to be able to scroll just a little further down to move those below the history matrix. see https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/info

The history of the first posts is important to the group community. They cannot be opened the way the homepage margin is set at the bottom.

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Take away limit for posts in the group please!!!

Take away limit for posts in the group please!!! It's just so stupid to have limit for posts in the group per day, ain't it was made for people to talk there???

638th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Taking people off moderation: MAKE IT EASIER

PLEASE make it easier to take people off moderation. I have to hire someone to do this for my 15 groups with 20K people and it costs me more than $100 a month.

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the Sorry the error occured while loading the content.

Everytime i did the content as a moderator.. it throws up sorry the error occured while loaidng hte content. It is very annoying. Fix this please

521st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot Correct the Time Zone Selection

I cannot correct the Time Zone setting for my mail nor my Group. Even when I select my correct TZ from the dropdown list, it still shows GMT for my Time Zone, and all items (such as Group Events) show oddball times (which probably would be correct if I lived in England, but I don't). Several other members of my Group report the same TZ bug, and the bug appears for IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow group moderators to join new members from the moderator page

allow group moderators to join new members from the moderator page

1230th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove the Yahoo! ID requirement

I have moved one of my groups from Yahoo! to Google because Yahoo! now requires that you have a Yahoo! ID to join a group. Some new members do not want to get a Yahoo! ID. Google does not require any ID, or that you have a Google email address.

My suggestion is that you allow people to join as easily as they join Google groups, that is, with nothing more than an email address, and the email address should not have to be a Yahoo! email address.

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to be able to perform moderation tasks on a mobile browser.

I'd like to be able to perform moderation tasks on a mobile browser. I don't see a link to go to the full site. I don't see links for all the moderation functions. If they are available, please make them easier to find.

638th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. EVENTS not working

Can you fix the EVENTS? We no longer receive notifications each month. They are important to us.

Thank you,
    Neo

837th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I have been with Monmouth Freecycle (U.K) Re-use Group!

I have been with Monmouth Freecycle (U.K) Re-use Group!
    since 2010,have not used for some months,have tried posting an offered item,which appeared to be sending,yet not showing up in my posts,this has been happening for over a week now,I am able to post on FREECYCLE.ORG,but NOT the above re use group,how can I restore this,as I desperately want to get my offered item gone before xmas ( double bed )

Could really do with all the help any one can offer.

Many thanks in advance

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Trying to join a group and nothing happens

I am desperately trying to join a local freecycle group without success. I have set up a new Yahoo account and clicked on "Join Group" and answered the various questions and await approval to join. Nothing. This has been going on for a week now. Is it me doing something wrong or is the moderator not responding?

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. why is there still no search in photos?

Need search feature in photos section!

1230th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a Way to Sort List Members by Moderated

List owners and moderators need to be able to sort out list members by moderated/unmoderated status, and need to sort that group by date. We also need a Comments field when we moderate a list member, so we know why we moderated a list member (i.e., "new member", "inappropriate posting", etc.) It is impossible to find moderated list members as it stands, now, and be able to have a systematic way to unmoderate someone. This is an important feature, especially for lists with large memberships.

127th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New posts to Yahoo! Groups are taking a long time to appear

This problem comes and goes. Sometimes a new post appears in the group immediately. Other times, it takes a very long time to appear. This was actually one of the problems in Yahoo! Groups that pre-dates the Neo interface. Neo was supposedly introduced to keep this from happening. This is not the case. The problem continues.

306th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve reliability of email delivery

I am a moderator of a group, and I am not getting all the emails sent through Yahoo Groups. Really? This is a main function of this service. I do not always getting my own emails I send to my group, and after some testing, I don't always get other people's messages. The same goes for the other 110 members. What do I have to do to make sure every person gets every email? It is so spotty and unreliable!!! Please FIX!!!

156th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CATASTROPHE IN EVENTS OR CALENDAR

Reminders in the group calendar are now appearing as garbage on the groups message boards. Group members are therefore receiving rubbish in their email boxes. This is serious and needs urgent attention.

Has Yahoo removed the HTML function from activities in the group calendar?

268th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need ability restored to export MANY MORE than 1,000 members!

Please GIVE REASON for "Declining" the previous version of this idea! Previously, you allowed us to export an "entire list."
    If Yahoo allows groups to be, let's say, 2 million members, then is there a good reason why you no longer allow us to export our entire group membership list? This HELPS YAHOO TO ALLOW THE FEATURE! If we can export, we can determine stats, gather contest results, etc. PLEASE at least give the REASON FOR DECLINING. Thanks!

224th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Folders/Files disappeared in one group? How do we get them back?

Folders/Files disappeared in one group? How do we get them back?

1230th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. provide a place to email Yahoo groups with a problem

Please provide an email address to which we can send requests for technical assistance. For example, I'm a moderator and our group shows there's a pending message when there is none.

1845th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base