US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvements you can make

1. Fix the Files section so that it's readable. Right now, when viewing text files, the words are scrunched together because your site has problems reading spaces. This makes the text files virtually unusable, and if you don't want to fix it, then don't have the function.
    2. Fix the Files section so that you are able to view text files without having to download them, like before.
    3. Fix the database section so that the database doesn't get deleted (or log you out) whenever you edit it.
    4. Fix the database section so that you don't make duplicate entries…

911th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would seem there is no way to drop or leave a group easily a button would be nice.

A prominent button "Cancel Membership". There is no way to drop these group.

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bonjour assez de lire (désolé une erreur s'est produite dans le chargement nous iremédions) mais vous ne remédiez rien du tout

Il me semble que ces vous qui devez avoir des idées pour l'amélioration Je suis depuis longtemp chez Yahoo mais depuis un bon moment cela ne va plus alors adieu yahoo?
    Domage, cordialement

911th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My favorite group was hijacked, I was evicted, and since then, it's been abandoned.

My favorite group was qumran_origin, which was set up by David Christainsen to discuss the works of Barbara Thiering. First, it was disrupted by people who had no interest in her works. Then, it was swamped by interlopers who apparently wanted to side-track the discussion. Then, Barbara Thiering dropped out, and soon, David Christainsen dropped out, too. The new moderator must have disapproved of me, because I'm now persona non grata, and nobody is responding to messages to the moderator. Worst of all, the files have been deleted, and people like me (no longer an approved member) can't use the…

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. member search quota?

I sure hope Yahoo is working on this function and hasn't actually imposed a limit on the number of times a group owner can search members on neo. I received an error message saying I have ecxeeded my daily quota after only 2 searches!

574th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We are finding some members are unable to respond on the group. They can reply if a post comes through in the emails but they can't access

We are finding some members are unable to respond on the group. They can reply if a post comes through in the emails but they can't access the group online. they are told they aren't members. I have one member who has had to apply to be a member three times and now it has happened again? Why?

911th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please remove personal names from being published

remove personal names from being published to protect privacy and do not post email addresses

626th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. io.help.yahoo.com/contact does not work

I can't even file a request for help (with Yahoo e-mail) because the "Contact us" form won't recognise any kind of e-address I supply it. Even though the e-address is optional, I still get "Some information is missing or incomplete. Please review the form and ensure that all information is correct.- Enter a valid email address" regardless of the value used (or if I use no value).

1331st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1331st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The event calendar in the "Group"section is very hard to fine. Please put the calendar where it's much for identifialble. Took me forever

To add group membership there should be an icon clear on top and the group calendar icon should be very easy to find. This site is pathetic. Extremely hard to find option to add member and hard to find the calendar. Primitive!!!

472nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The owner of this list no longer at HLAA so nobody has ability to take it down. Please contact HLAAnm@juno.com - owner/moderat other lists

This list not used since March 2013 as owner has departed. Nobody has the ability to take it down or manage it. How can this be resolved. I own or manage some other HLAA Yahoo groups as does Judy Martin <judygmartin@bellsouth.net>, Please advise...

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I cannot see files and load things from my groups on my macbook air with OS X 10.9.3 Please fix this...

fix this so I can use yahoo groups effectively on my newer mac devices. Thank you!

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you tell me why you broke the CSS formatting for our group's description?

You can improve Groups further by restoring the CSS formatting for group descriptions.

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Oops! Invalid path!" - You guys lost 3 folders of information from my preschool

I've been managing a few groups I own as the secretary for our all school board. All day, I've been cutting and pasting files and folders to archive items from previous years in preparation for the new school year. Well, I went to cut several folders and paste them in the newly created archive folder, and they just disappeared. Then, the names of the folders showed up in the top "files" folder. But I get "Oops! Invalid path!" on all of them. I've cleared my cache but that didn't help. Can you please give my information back to me? Or…

911th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PLEASE re-enable the ability to search through a group's messages. It no longer works without polls enabled, a moderator ONLY function!

PLEASE re-enable the ability to search through a group's messages. It no longer works without polls enabled, which is a moderator ONLY function! If one is not a moderator, you are simply stuck with no searching by keywords.

1445th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow to delete all messages in a specified range as before NEO.

Before NEO, messages were listed one "page" at a time (30 messages). By selecting the "all" button, all/just the messages on that "page" were deleted and not ALL the messages of the group like now.
    We keep messages only for the last 6 months. So, as a moderator, I have to delete some hundreds of messages each month, clicking them one by one !
    With the single page displayed now, it could be done using a range of messages determined by first and last message numbers.

472nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. yahoo groups are no longer worth the time to vist, go back a few years and set up GROUPs like the old days...good by

yahoo groups are no longer worth the time to vist, go back a few years and set up GROUPs like the old days...good bye

626th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Daily quota

I just joined Yahoo a few days ago. I did this because of the groups, normally I use only Google. When I was trying to join one of the groups I couldn't get the CAPTCHA code it or rather it didn't work correctly because I tried many different codes and also the audio version. Afterwards I seemed to get lucky and it didn't say anything about the captcha but that my daily quota has been exceeded. I admit I pressed many times to join before this. Now is a completely new day but it still says "You have exceeded your…

626th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base