US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why can't I copy and paste old postings into a fresh word document?

Please allow to copy parts of old postings into Word so we can create a document that only has the minimum information required?
    Or allow a post to be re-emailedto yourself?

716th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting abuse almost imposible. Your 'reply to this message' is attached to a message that SAYS you cant reply to it!

Make it easier to report abusive emails and have an email account you can use instead of having to spend hours trying to find a good email address

218th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 533rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your raritan valley group is misusing their rights as moderators

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RaritanValleyNeighbors. This group hasa mod Vouvou something who harasses people she dislikes, and complains about things that other members are doing but only complains that you are not them. Yahoo groups isn't for drama

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FIX IT! Can't access my group, can't register back to it with a new id.

FIX IT! Can't access my 11 years old group, my id is now unknown to the system although I still get daily mails from my group. I can't register back to it with a new id. it's lame. I wasted lots of silly time.

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Paragraph Breaks - still an issue

While the line/paragraph breaks issue is better than it was with regard to posting messages, there is still a concatenation of the first and second paragraphs for me. I'm currently using Firefox, but also use Safari and have had this problem with both browsers.

Please help us separate all paragraphs in our text, not just those that fall after the first two.

533rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove INACTIVE groups from the directory as a default

The Yahoo Groups directory is FULL of groups that have had NO ACTIVITY for well over a year. As a default, these groups should not appear when searching for a group by keyword. I suggest adding a link or checkbox to "Include inactive groups in search", but by default they should not show up, since they are unlikely to be a useful group anymore.

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Moderator no longer available, how do we replace?

Establish a method where a sole moderator who is no longer available can be replaced. Originator of group is no longer available, but automated messages continue to arrive, and lately have been suing GMT instead of local time. This is a group for a youth organization; the original moderator is long since moved away. We cannot add/delete members without a moderator, nor can we change'/add/delete messages or even delete the group without an approved moderator.

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Message senders are not receiving their own messages

I manage a moderated Yahoo Group. A number of members have reported that, when they send a message to the Group, and I approve, they don't receive their own message from the Group. Therefore, they never know if their message went through or not. Every member should receive every approved message.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 439th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set the time of day for daily digest receipt

Why do the daily digests come in at 3 AM. It wakes me up. I need my phone on for things that I actually have to respond to in the middle of the night, but the daily digest isn't one of them.

1052nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. delay overnight updates

Delay daily digest to be sent at a reasonable hour, not the stupid 3 AM.

1052nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add sort newest to oldest on membership list and retain that setting after list closes

Add an option to sort the membership list so newest members are at the top AND RETAIN THAT SETTING rather than have to click Joined every time I need to find the newest members of the group

1052nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Once agian the group photo albums are screwed up!

Now I cannot as the group owner/moderator move photos to an appropriate album.

ongoing issues with the group photo albums:

Latest: The pull down on each photo in "EDIT ALBUM mode does not allow me to move the photo.

Recent: When in "EDIT ALBUM" you cant see the date on the photos. WHY? I have a need to delete older photos, and trying to toggle back and forth between EDIT and where I can see the date is ******* impossible in large albums

Old problem:

Who was the "Genius" that decided ALL we need to manage photos in ONE level…

716th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View and Sort preferences

We made enhancements in membership settings to set view and sort preferences in different section of your Yahoo Groups. Have you tried it ? Share your feedback with us.

See more details on our blog post:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/91846095941/control-your-view-and-sort-preferences

3987th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A member I invited to my group has the wrong name because she was using a computer that was already logged on to the group by someone else.

I need to change the name of someone in my group who was inadvertently registered under my name but her email address. What do I do?

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  267 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 338th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using groups in the past three days trying to search conversations, I get the error when I hit search "Polls Feature is Not Enabled".

When using groups in the past three days trying to search conversations, I get the error when I hit search "Polls Feature is Not Enabled".

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1610th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base