US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invalid username

I've been notified my username's invalid. I can't use any help buttons that require me to sign in with that. That invalid username is even required to open a new acct. How can I resolve this so I can start emailing again after 3 weeks and letterS to Yahoo office in Sunnyvale. YAHOO NEEDS EASIER WAYS TO GET HELP !!

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow moderator to directly edit e-mail list.

I had my group e-mails sent to a non-Yahoo address. When I closed my Yahoo e-mail account I lost access to my group profile but I am still receiving group e-mails. The moderator cannot remove me from the mail list without unsubscribing me but he can't unsubscribe me because the old Yahoo e-mail address in not in his system. The non-Yahoo e-mail address is also not found in his system. It is just on the group mail list which he can't edit.

666th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix perpetual loop trying to link email address to yahoo account when it is already linked

I am in a perpetual loop of being told to link my email address to my yahoo account. I'm already a member of two yahoo groups and my email address (a yahoo email) is showing as belonging to a profile. I get no error, no warning, I simply keep clicking the "link your email address to a yahoo group" link and keying in my credentials only to have the message pop back up every time I go to the group page. I tired three major browsers (Chrome, i.e., Firefox).

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One of my members is no longer receiving emails from our group.

I checked our database and his name and email address are not in it now even though he was previously in the database. I tried to issue a new invitation but it said that he was already a member. How do I get out of this situation? My group is bccseniors@yahoogroups.com. His email address is svic3@aol.com.

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 373rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Manage Invitations function

Right now your "Manage Invitations" is nothing more than a way to invite members, which merely duplicates the "+Invite" button. Please create a real way to manage invitations by showing the invitations that have been issued, the ones that have been accepted and those that have not yet been accepted.

Our group only adds members if they request. Since you deleted the ability for moderators to do direct adds, about 2/3 of the people who have asked us to add them and to whom I send invitations never respond. Either they don't understand what to do or the message is…

218th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the old yahoo group chat rooms!

Bring back the old yahoo group chat rooms! You can't meet anyone on Yahoo now!!

193rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make lists customizable

Most lists that you see as a moderator are to general. E.g. the list of bouncing users is not helpfull at all. I want to see in the list when the last message was sent, how many bounces the member has and if he is on soft or hard bounce. All information you only get after clicking the details.
    Having to go past every member and click their details is too timeconsuming. You want this kind of information in an overview list.
    Give us the possibility to add columns to these overview lists.

666th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. alphabetical files

Contrary to the assertion by your Product Support people of a few days ago, the ability for moderators to choose ALPHABETICAL sort for files as the DEFAULT for the ENTIRE GROUP has not been restored!!!

This is a serious defect . Your product support people, who apparently have little or no experience actually running a group day to day, do not seem to grasp that moderators need the option to choose the default sorting method for the entire group, rather than requiring each member of the group to figure out how to default to alphabetical - most will simply not…

148th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Uploading photos is not working again.. Why must we still deal with this situation over and over again.

Stop messing with it. The more you do the more it gets messed up.. Hire someone with some kind of knowledge of how it should work.

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please start a new group for older person's who love thier pet's and/or want a certain breed.

Pet's are sold for such high prices, and you don't really, don't realize that often just because they can afford it they may not be taking care and giving them the love they need. Adopting and doing local adoption or even seeing and buying and checking out the buyer's etc. might be a better idea. WE love our animals and want everyone to have one if they are going to give them a real home.

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Time for viewing past seasons performance and standings

I think it would be nice to go back any time to review last season or any season for that matter, and see your past performances. Basically still be able to see prior years league standings and such just like it does while the season is in progress. I suppose I am just proposing to archive the info and have access to it. At least let the commissioner have access to it.

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. database tables are scrambled. each line wraps around to the next line please fix

we have to sign up to be in a swap with our information and when new person adds their name it runs down into the next line and it does that through the entire table...thanks

425th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. allow moderators to actually do that!!!

Let Moderators moderate! I can not add members to my group. I can not invite members to my group because of the stupid error/excuse "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.:"

156th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. why can i not gain access to my royal enfield interceptor group

I can't get onto my royal enfield interceptor owners group why??????

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Before I could sign in with facebook and now I that option is no longer available. Why?

I think the signing in with facebook should be continued for Yahoo Groups. It was awhile ago.

1919th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why are you not delivering messages promptly?

Why are you not delivering messages promptly?

876th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Deliver the messages in a timely fashion. I posted something at 3:19 and at 3:35 it has not been delivered!

Deliver the messages in a timely fashion. I posted something at 3:19 and at 3:35 it has not been delivered!

876th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base