US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where has my group gone? Courage to Change? What did you do? It is gone! WHY?

Where has my favourite group gone? Courage To Change simply disappeared overnight about a week ago. Even the group owner doesn't know what you did to it, and to our extensive archives. HELP.

641st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 485th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It is impossible to remove oneself from a group.

Logically, there would be a "delete" or "Leave Group" option under Manage Groups. Instead, all you can do is change their order. Whoopee. Please allow this function.

641st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix the event reminders so they will again go out to the group, please!!

Restore event reminder funtions back to May 2014!

277th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For weeks now getting error message when add, change, or delete calendar events in group I'm moderator of and others.

For weeks now I've been getting error messages when I try to add, change, or delete calendar events in the group I'm moderator of and others I've previously been able to add/change events. Error message 1111.

1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your Groups are Difficult, This Morning!

The photo and management buttons don't open!

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Messages are being received in multiple numbers

Several messages are coming to all members on a couple of lists numerous times and continuing. 20 on both lists for one message and no stopping them. Please fix asap before it starts happening to more than just one message. Thank you.

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I DO PROTEST on THE LIFE CELL WOMAN that POLLUTE MY PHOTOS in MY GROUP EMAIL 384 !

THERE IS A PROBLEM... I HAVE TRY TO SEND MORE THAN 10 TIMES a EMAIL by using YAHOO CHILE EMAIL BOX but THEN YOU ASK ME TO PASS CAPCHA CODES and THEN THE EMAIL WAS NOT SENDED ! SO I DECIDE TO START a GROUP, CAUSE YOU SAYS IS BETTER WAY TO MANAGE SOMETHING that is NECESSARY to SEND TO MANY PEOPLE, I DO OPEN A GROUP with NAME of THE IMPOSSIBLE EMAIL SENDING CALLING THAT GROUP EMAIL 384 but THEN I START to UP LOAD MY PICTURES ARCHIVES, THAT ARE MINEs, THAT are MY OWN ARCHIVES, THAT ARE MY…

1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage Members--unable to search members

Owner of GammillOwners;
    I have been unable to search for members under the 'Manage Members' heading for a week now.
    Please get this fixed.
    Macbook Pro platform
    Maverick

Thanks
    Sylvester

641st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please fix "Folder name is too long. Please shorten the folder name and try again." error

Sometimes, when I tried to add a new folder (usually a nested one), I get the error "Folder name is too long. Please shorten the folder name and try again." even if the folder name is shorter than the names of other folders in the same place. I've tried to work around it by creating the folder back a level or two, but since you still lose files sometimes while copying and pasting, now I have yet another ghost folder on my top level files page. This is unusable. I can't continue to host my group on here if files…

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need to be able to cause photos to be open in album mode. photo stream mode is confusing.

1) Need to be able to cause photos to be open in album mode. photo stream mode is confusing. I have the information grouped in albums for a reason
    2) Files area should give user the ability to view text or PDF files without downloading their computer.

1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Twitter Feeds to Post to Groups

I have a group with a large following which enjoys regular posts. I have found that Twitter is an excellent disseminator of the same information. I don't want to give up groups, but don't like having to post both places. Facebook has a feature whereby my tweets automatically appear there. It would be great if groups could do the same.

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. database needs a column that can be in chrological order.

We need one row that will put things in chrological order. I have database that people use their birthday. The column that was first, used to keep things in chrological order. Now since you updated the database, it doesn't work. Can you please fix it. thank you.

641st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. E-Mail not being recieved

When E-mail is being sent to our group it is being received at the site but is not being sent out to the group. I have sent several E-mail to the group the past week or so and have found today, although I do not receive mail that the mail was not received by the group it is not being delivered to the group members nor is it posted to the group site. There is nothing been change to my equipment or on the site and it has always worked in the past but down has stopped. Please fix this…

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Data Base not working- Owner is only one premitted to make changes and only one owner.

I am the Web Site Operation Chairman for a Military Reunion Site. I am listed on the site as the owner on Yahoo. When listing other members as Owners or Moderators and giving them complete authority to make any change to site, files, and Data base, they still are unable to make any editing of any files. I am the only person that can make any changes or edit file/Data base and this is only when I am on one specific computer. If I sign on with a different computer I can not edit either. This morning while attempting to…

485th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix problem of not being able to send group invitations when have more left to send?

When I it says that I have 84 invitations left to send, there is a message that says "processing" with a spinning icon and "you have reached your daily quota for this operation." This happens every time I try to send out around 20 invitations to start, and then I cannot send more invitations out again for days. This is very frustrating when you need to invite members to your groups. Can you please fix this defect in sending group invitations as soon as possible?

641st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow group owner to set default sort order for links and files.

Allow group owner to set default sort order for links and files.

Your current options do NOT Help the Admin set up the Viewing Order in which we want the Group Links or Image Albums to work."

The Admins SHOULD be able to Choose the Default setting for
    Their Group, Period.

Members can adjust to after THAT, but we are telling them where things are and by NOT *allowing us to set the Default* NONE of our Instructions to New members makes any sense.

Please give us back our abilities to set up our pages tin the order in which…

1467th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base