US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy.

You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy. You suck seriously. So arrogant. So slopppy. Just useless. See the upcoming articles about your demise in NY Times

see Management > Control Panel > About > Feedback

704th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instagram Email Blocked ATTN GROUPS TEAM

Per Y! Customer Care in Twitter, I’ve been directed to “write to the Groups team through our feedback forum”

An email sent (TO, not BCC) by instagram to “…-owner@yahoogroups.com” address does not get delivered.
    Please assist.

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DO NOT SHUT DOWN YAHOO GROUPS!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN YAHOO GROUPS!!!! For years 15+ freelance people in my industry have used the message boards to get jobs and refer people. This is a very important part of being able to work as a freelancer. I am very upset that Yahoo has not given us very much time to find other means or to save the library of files that we use. I am so disappointed in Yahoo. First you ***** up mail and now this.

476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. how to stop this spam email FFO Owner hetffo@gmail.com [sweet_jokes]

FFO Owner hetffo@gmail.com [sweet_jokes] is sending me unwanted *** emails. would like it to stop.

1604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. instructions for deleting a group are incorrect

I am trying to delete a defunct group, but the directions say to click Management, then Feedback, then Delete - but there is no Feedback under that manageement tab.
    On your group's main page, click Management | select Control Panel.
    Click About Group.
    This does not exist....

Next to "Feedback," enter your reasons for deleting your group.
    Click Delete Group.
    Click Delete again to confirm.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unsubscribe group

I wish to unsubscribe from a unwanted group but it not happening even after multiple emails to unsubscribe. Besides when am I tring it through unsubscribe option in group, it is not working. Do something for this to train goodness of yahoo.

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Yahoo Groups has recently announced that it will discontinue most of its functionality, will future email conversations be archived?

Yahoo Groups has recently announced that it will discontinue most of its functionality, will future email conversations be archived? Your page at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html?impressions=true describes all the functions that will disappear, including files, databases and conversation archives. BUT it says that Yahoo Groups can still be used to send group emails -- what it does not answer is whether those future conversations will be archived going forward.

476th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Activity log" no longer working

It looks like the Activity log (at least for Membership; since after Oct.2018?) is no longer being updated ?

Is this something specific to our account, or more general ?

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I need a human's help!

You can improve Yahoo Groups by having a human available to answer questions. I began setting up YGs years ago and moderated them regularly. My email address is on all of them as the go-to person. Now I can't get to them. I thought they were going away a couple of years ago, but I'm still getting emails from members, asking me to change their address, etc. I can't even get in to shut down the groups, and none of your pages offers advice on that.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No check boxes to select the individual contacts for deleting

Provide check boxes to select the individual contacts for deleting.

2163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HOW THE OWNER CAN RECOVER A GROUP WITHIN THE ALOTTED TIME OF 15 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DELETING?

I DELETED MY GROUP FOR A REASON ON 24TH JUNE IN INDIA. NOW I WANT TO RECOVER OR RECREATE THE SAME GROUP WITH NEW MEMBERS AS MEMBER's PARTICIPATION VASTLY REDUCED IN IT. I DONT SEE ANY HINT FOR THIS ANYWHERE IN YOUR PAGES! PLEASE CLARIFY, AS MY 15 DAYS IS ALMOST GETTING OVER

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When I try to add a moderator I get the error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." in a purple bar at the bottom...

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content. When i try to add a moderator .. how do i fix this?

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'm the creator and moderator of a list and just today discovered that the content has been removed.

I am desperate to recover that content if there is still a way. Several key members of the group have passed away over the years and it would be nice to still have some of their words.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. for gods sake get control of groups to get rid of rubbish posts about perverts!!!!

get stronger moderation of groups to prevent off target postings :
    Caught my teenage step-sister dancing in a hotel room with a bunch of pervy older guys including our next door neighbor, these are some of the videos I found on her phone! Please advise!

https://t.co/Ph2Nnu9cFU?VIDEO=TeenageGFCarlyFuckingDirtyOldPerverts.mpg

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Messages no more moderated since Yahoo update !!

Messages no more moderated since Yahoo update !!
    This is a real security issue !

https://fr.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/belle-ile/info

How do the admin to switch back to moderated ?

704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I have not yet been able to download the data I requested for our Yahoo Group. Can you please advise how I can do this?

Due to ill-health & hospitalisation, I have not yet been able to download the data for our Yahoo Group. The data was requested & Yahoo sent me a link - but when I now follow that link, I cannot download the data. Can you please advise me how to download that data? Thank you.

1604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us back the ability to control whose posts must be moderrated.

There used to be a setting whereby we could moderat eindividual members or the group as a whole. I don't see either one anymore. Please stop breaking features that have been around forever and put this back. every thime you change something you break even more. Just stop it.

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email moderation

Hi, I am moderator of one Yahoo group "plagpk, we have observed that there is no approval requirements from moderators to send email to this group by group members. Emails are going to groups without any moderation which can cause problems. Please let us know about your new policies about the email moderation. Thank you.

859th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Moderator to Approve Postings

Very disappointed that we can no longer moderate postings prior to them being posted. Our group prefers that a moderator reviews what's being posted to make sure inappropriate postings not be sent out to the group. Prior to having a moderator, we had a lot of dissension in the group and some postings that just didn't belong on the group. This led to people removing themselves from the group. Can't we get the moderating feature back for those who want it?

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base