US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to open existing files

First login since new format. Wanted to look up a file. Found the list, but unable to open any of the file by clicking on the link. Tried to open in a new tab, not working. (Using Google Chrome)

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You cannot access groups in "singles" subcategories such as "***********" it just has a spinning wheel that never stops

You cannot access groups in "singles" subcategories such as "***********" it just has a spinning wheel that never stops

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The current "Ellen Degeneres" ad is DISGUSTING! We need the ability to report offensive ads.

I don't mind Yahoo offering advertisements, but the one of a woman supposed to be Ellen Degeneres crying, is DISGUSTING! and OFFENSIVE! and we need a way to give feedback to Yahoo when an ad is obvious lies or obviously offensive to humanity.

The woman in the ad is NOT Ellen Degeneres, in spite of the fact that they found someone who could be made to look much like Ellen. I find the ad INSULTING and DISGUSTING... and I will not click to follow it even to complain to them as they don't give a flip about the people looking…

236th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot add custom invitation text, cannot preview the invitation email

The current invite feature is simple and straightforward, which should be a plus, but in our case, it means an annoying lack of functionality.

Most of our members don't like the hassle of clicking an 'accept' button and some don't really speak english. In old times, I used to add a custom text in our native language telling them what to do and give them my email for troubleshooting. Now I have to send a separate email to tell them what to do - but I can't be totally sure, since I can't see what the actual inviting email looks…

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. URL redirects are not working. Message rejects with comment, not working. I have never had success with editing messages.

URL redirects are not working. Message rejects with comment, not working. I have never had success with editing messages.

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Will it ever be possible to have a signature line for Yahoo Groups ?

I have always wished there was a way to have a signature automatically appear in my posts in Groups like the option we have in email or in forums outside of yahoo.

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Internet Explorer blocked [Yahoo Groups] from displaying content with security certificate errors

Getting this error on the main page of my group, and throughout Yahoo Groups: "Internet Explorer blocked this site website from displaying content with security certificate errors"

247th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. UNDO "From" Line Changes

W/in the last 24 hours, Yahoo has changed the "From" line in group posts to include the group name. This:

Lengthens the line so it wraps
    Duplicates what is already in the "Subject" field

Undo this change.

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Archives are invaluable for nature groups like birds or butterflies. If I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2006 I want to be ab

When searching archives I want to see a page of reports like it was in the past. For example, if I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2007 I can just select the topics regarding sightings and not bother with the ones on taxonomy, ethics, etc.

236th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. photo albums still don't work correctly. cannot sort or view in any reseasonable order.

Photo albums need to be user friendly. They are useless in their present form. Cannot sort or view in any fashion but by pure random order. No helpful

JV

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Could I add, I am desperate to be able to download photos from my group albums however many of the albums are grayed out

Could I add, I am desperate to be able to download photos from my group albums however many of the albums are grayed out and the photos which are visible will not download instead I get this: HTTP Status 500 - null
    type Status report

message null

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Thanks you,
    Andrew

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. delete all groups

I am getting a lot of spam from these groups. I wish to delete all Yahoo Groups so I don't get any more emails from them.

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 940th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Help How do I delete or remove a repulsive group I was added to I did not confirm /join YUK

I got a request to join a group from someone I do not know care to know that is promoting ****** misconduct in my opinion .I do not have the option of removing myself despite the fact that I did not hit confirm of join this is appauling Where is the remove/delete function

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Once a group has been created, there should be a video on side of page explaining how this group page works. I am lost at how to add members

It was easy enough to create a group, but now that i have, it don't know how to work the group page. What can i do. A short tutorial would have been great on the side of the page.

2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2025th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →