US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The cover photos I upload end up with the colors reversed and altered.

I've tried to upload a new cover photo a few times of the last couple of days. The photo displays correctly as long as I stay on the group page. Sometime after I log out, the colors reverse and change to this negative looking image. I tried this with two different photos and this happened to both of them.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event I posted to repeat every Mon & Wed forever, only repeats for 1 week. Fix this.

Make events repeat forever if that's what the user has selected.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can't post any more -- why?

can't post any more -- why?

1455th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put full color Adds in the picture slot!

Instead of the Picture slot for each Yahoo Group, put the adds in that spot instead of having them pop up in the conversations area. This gives them better attention, and everyone realizes that they are NOT spam. Presently, they look like spam, and who wants to buy from a spammer?!

1455th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This new format is NOT great! I tried. I quit.

Most of us are looking for a simpler, more user friendly interface. I am mostly inactive now since I don't have the time or patience to learn this new one which is just awful! Your previous format was simple. I am convinced that whoever designed this certainly doesn't use it.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The message "Edit" function often does not work

When using the "Edit" function to trim a message or make a change in the message, often it comes back with the "Sorry; an error occurred while loading the content." status message, and it will not allow you to do anything with the message. Getting out, coming back, and reloading the message, and trying again, does not help. I cannot even reject it.

Why?

What can I do to make this additional annoying new "feature" of the neoYahoo Groups work like it is really supposed to perform?

Like so many others, I still think there is merit in your accepting…

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Selection of members by email delivery choice or by alphabetically

I would like to select members by the choice the make for email delicery. example special notice, No mail and so on. or at least let me select all members starting with a oe b

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yahoo and Canadian Spam law. How will it affect emails to Canadians

Since I am a business sorta I send out newsletters to Members Canadians included and I want to know how Yahoo is handling emails going to Canadian members. Fines up to 10,000,000 for sending to Canadians.. this can get sticky. from what I understand my signature containing my website in an email to my Canadian niece can get me a fine

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If I click on a message in Tempeh Group it says loading and nothing happens

How come I can't open up a message - it says loading and nothing ever happens. Why can't a simple thing like that be made to work properly?

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Poor Instructions for Joining a Group

I try to follow the instructions for joining an open group. I find the group, click on it's name, I'm taken to the group's "front page" (It looks like a landing page to me). All I see is "Conversations" and "Topics" and "Messages" below the line that contains "Conversations."

There is no "Join" button anywhere.

When I got to "Manage My Groups" there is no capability to join a group there either.

How do you join a group?

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pending Message Problem Should Be Fixed

Currently to read most pending messages I have to open the attachment in the post for Moderation because when I go to the website to approve it the new post is blank - so I can't edit - just approve or reject based on the attachment in the post. Please fix.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1455th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am having problems with yahoo groups existing list of posts and text in a new post does not scroll.

Fix yahoo bugs with ipad existing list of posts and text within draft posts not scrolling.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It needs to be easier to delete a member. This present format is flusterating. Help.

It needs to be easier to delete a member. This present format is frustrating. Help.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I enter an event the monthly calendar should highlight the day to indicate an event on that day/

I entered information about an event but the calendar does not indicate an event on that day. The date should be highlighted so you can click on it and get details.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Solve the problem of disappearing albums.

It seems impossible to contact Yahoo to work problems with the groups. I have tried everything available to work my problem without ever making real contact. Valuable albums created this year have just disappeared without a trace. This problem affected albums created between January and at least April of this year.

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. YOU MAKE IT TOO ******* DIFFICULT TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT BE ON THE LOOKOUT TO MY VIRUS TO YOUR WEBSITE!

**** THIS PRIVACY ********* AND GO BACK TO A SIMPLER SIGN-UP PROCESS. YOU EMPLOY TOO MANY ********!!

2128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base