US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot Add a Row to database -- no Action button for that.

Cannot Add a Row to a databse file -- ability to do so not listed under Action.

1604th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moderators to be able view applicant profile

Hi,
    I run two groups in Yahoo the Stay Dry Bedwetting group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/staydry/ establishes in 8-2005 and staydry-discussion : StayDry Bedwetting Parent Discussion Grp http://groups.yahoo.com/group/staydry-discussion/
    I have a hard time approving members because I cannot see applicants profile to see if the meet group policy . So I have to have them copy their profile and email it to me to see if they are complying. However, most don’t either they don’t want to or don’t know how to send it to me. So since the change in Yahoo I have approved very few members.
    Moderators should at least have…

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Very inconvenient and frustrating that a group members post does not arrive in my inbox "From" that person. Sometimes even if you scroll do

Very inconvenient and frustrating that a group members post does not arrive in my inbox "From" that person. Sometimes even if you scroll down forever you cannot find who sent a particular post. Please go back so that any Yahoogroup post comes from the person who sent the past, not from the group address.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hi, I run a 1700+ member group on yahoogroups and after several efforts at monetizing it to sustain the effort, found that I needed a websit

Add functionality for each yahoogroup to have a website where ads can be posted, group blogs can be run, the group can see the calendar of events in one view - This will bring Yahoo a lot of money from group admins that want to monetize their yahoogroup. Yahoo can sell domain links and the website functionality as well. With the stickiness Yahoogroups create, its only the next best addition the Yahoo team can make to Yahoogroups. Check out www.newportmommy.com for seeing what yahoogroups that need to monetize are resorting to - you are throwing your money to competitors in…

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We are finding some members are unable to respond on the group. They can reply if a post comes through in the emails but they can't access

We are finding some members are unable to respond on the group. They can reply if a post comes through in the emails but they can't access the group online. they are told they aren't members. I have one member who has had to apply to be a member three times and now it has happened again? Why?

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sharing photos using drag & drop. Let us do this again.

For years Yahoo Groups allowed people to share photos that are posted there. We could drag and drop a photo in order to have it for personal use. Recently when I tried to drag and drop a photo, I would only get a link to it. If this is the only way to access a Yahoo Groups photo, it would totally eliminate the value of Yahoo Groups for me. Let us share photos again, using drag and drop.

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Yahoo Groups messages not being received for some members

I have had numerous members that have a yahoo.com email address contact me that they are not receiving mail in their Yahoo Mail. I have had them check their spam folder, try another browser and numerous other things to no avail.

One member had his mail redirected to his Hotmail account and still does not receive Yahoo Groups mail. He then changed it back and still no mail. I also had him and the others check to see if they are bouncing and he was, reactivated that and received one message and nothing more.

Note: I would then send a…

268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cannot reorder photos in albums

I am the owner of Imagining Ellowyne Wilde yahoo group. For months now I am unable to reorder the photos in all of the albums on my group. Please fix this!!!!!

Also, please give the owners of a group an easy way to contact Yahoo with the problems we have with what is malfunctioning on their group!!!

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1. Allow editing of events without arbitrary stopping, 2. Assure Google mentions site

While editing announcement, ability to add more lines was stopped without reason.

Google cannot find my group WalkMontreal

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add ability to bookmark/file individual posts

It would be great if we could bookmark a particular post to read or access again later. It woudl be even better if we could sort our bookmarks using labels.

322nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how can i tell if my messages are bouncing?

how can i tell if my messages are bouncing? i'm not getting any messages from some of my groups, and i know there are messages, from looking here. thank you.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pinboard

Tried the new pinboard. the post shows up with the required subject line and comment, but NO indication that there is a pin anywhere. No piture, no link, not even an indication that there was additional content. I had posted a flyer; it took me several clicks to be able to enlarge it so it was readable so I could then post that link to the group. That process needs work to be useful to us.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Managing Members

OK, don't know what you did Last Night~
    But just yesterday I was able as Admin to click on
    Manage Members and SEE ALL of the members
    and Today NO ONE shows but ME ???

I needed to look up something to contact some members
    and add moderators and now I can't even SEE the Members ??

YOU are going Backwards AGAIN..... Sigh

PLEASE LET ME SEE and Manage My Group..
    This is Really Getting Ridiculous after all of this time..

I took computer programing from San Jose State
    and would have gotten and F or been FIRED
    if I…

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance the SORT functionality

It would be great if we could sort messages by type I.E Offered, Wanted, Taken etc that way you can focus on the area you want without having to scroll through all the others. Thanks :)

635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I can't seem to change the settings of the moderators to determine who gets the notifications and who doesn't.

When I make a change to a moderator notification setting and save it, it doesn't get changed, it reverts back to the previous setting.

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please fix the from address, it is causing huge problems

Still the from line contains the address to the group it is posted in.
    When people try to send to sender they still accidentally send to group.
    This is not good at all.

Please make sure the From line contains ONLY the sender and NOT the group that the message is sent to...

People are right clicking on the From addy and sending to that addy and then boooom the mail shows up in group.

This simply can't be difficult to fix, it is a bad upgrade on the from part from the start.

Thank you

1604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. bookmarks

Please return my bookmark section and stop asking me to download a toolbar to access them.

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base