US Comments

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. The new format is awful.

Go back to the old format. The bell is gone and I have to refresh to get the comments area to appear, if it ever does.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Too many rude people on these comment boards...

Is the average age on these comment boards 10 and lower? There are way too many rude and racist comments on these boards, and people are complaining about censoring should stop posting those kinds of comments. Those comments usually have nothing to do with the articles and usually bash race, religion, whole ethnic group, political ideologies, and so on. A person who doesn't visit the comment section too often takes a glance at those comments would have a very negative view of Yahoo and might not visit again. Also, please remove the Likes/Unlikes on the comment... as that gives an…

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AVOID letting the comment board be used for racism and other prejudices (Sexuality, religion, etc).

While it is nice to be heard, I do not feel it is necessary to offend whole groups of people when making a comment. For too long, this comment board has been a 'hot bed' for racist and extremely intolerant spatter. I have seen comment boards that will warn you that racial/intolerant comments will not be posted. I like that because I can appreciate a person's opinion without all the venom. If an issue is 'sensitive' (involving race, religion, sexuality, etc.), then I would not mind if the comment section is closed altogether. But when hurtful things are allowed to…

7th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need to lose the trolls, etc.

We need to lose the trolls, racists, sexists, etc. They contribute nothing of value.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it easier for commentator to find all of his/her comments...

Can we have a button in the account area or next to comments that shows our comments (and who replied) from all the articles? There used to be a button "Activity" on the top of the page in the old format... but this new format is missing it. I also saw in the old format "My Comments" next to the comments tabs. Can we have something similar to that so we can respond later? The current activity in the profile is not very convenient. It doesn't show if any of the posts have replies.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm against censorship but outright racist comments are inappropriate to say the least. Remember that children can read.

It's time to start enforcing your own rules against outright racist commentors, especially those that are repeat offenders. Disable their ability to comment; it can't be that tough.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Yahoo has the most sexist, misogynistic and racist people. Even with censoring specific language, they find a way to say disgusting things

There is no way to make comments better. By reading comments I am reminded of the evil on our earth. Yahoo has brought out these people. Most comments are just so disgusting.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop censorship. Everyone should be able to post whatever they feel is releveant. Yes even the trolls. America is about free speech.

You cannot run a free speech website then edit others speech because you do not agree with them. If someone wants to post outrageous and stupid comments, let them. Truth is people see them for what they are. I detest the multiple stories you do in favor of gun control and for gay marriage, but I would die defending your right to express your point of view. Why can't I just because you don't like mine?

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Yahoo needs to do a better job of writing articles.

So many articles are from the far left perspective and just poorly written. Fewer in number but better quality would be appreciated.

14th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I like to read people's comments because then you know how the population really feels about an issue, instead of biased reporting by media.

Let the comments be and stop censoring them, we are not children on here, we are adults. I don't know of any children that are reading yahoo comments. I want to see how people in the country really feel, if I want censorship I will listen to the news and commentators on t.v.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the old format !!

The comments is the only reason I come to Yahoo news. The "news" itself is a joke but at least people get to say the truth underneath the news stories.

Oh.. and please bring back the old comments format. The new one SUCKS.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Hate speech" is nothing but opposition to *your* point of view.

Those who want "hate speech" banned or such users blocked, simply want to shut down views opposed to theirs. Which is what hate speech is. Filtering out vulgar words is one thing , but "hate speech" is quite another. And who defines what is "hate" ? Is criticizing the gay agenda "hate" ? Is criticizing black people for birthing illegitimate children and being dependent on welfare and committing a disproportionately high amount of crime, "hate" ? The whole point of a forum is to have spirited debate and being able to express one's point of view without the PC police…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The conversations/comments are usually much more interesting, funny, rude, or enlightening than most of the articles I read.

I find most Yahoo articles to be OpEd pieces written with as much journalistic integrity, information, and candor as one would find in a high school newsletter. The comments section below most (but not all) of the articles are often more interesting, funny, enlightening, and sometimes rude than anything I read by the actual journalist. Raise the integrity of your journalists yahoo and you wouldn't be such a joke.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I hate the way you have changed the comments, the homepage, and the e-mail.

I hate the new comment section, the homepage, even the e-mail. It seems that every time you make a change, you make it worse. Do some group sampling, see what we want, this is horrible.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

US Comments

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base