US Comments

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Comment section turns into a political debate, no matter what the article is about.

It seems that the comment section is just full of a bunch of whiners and complainers. Every article is somehow turned into a political debate in the comment section. Basically, all comments revolve around the opinion that everything that goes wrong in this country is the government's fault, especially Obama. Whether you like him or not, one man is not responsible for what people do. I have stopped reading the comment section because it simply depresses me. The fact that everyone blames their failures on the government or another political party just irritates me.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You can start by keeping the racist and mean comments off of Yahoo.

If the comment is inflammatory, delete it, in the past that would include some of mine.
    I have read how really angry some comments are and I have realized; I can't change anyone's feelings/mind...at least using this platform.

In the future, I for one will not comment on issues.
    If you can't say something nice, don't say anything, keep it to yourself.
    If it is meant to be a constructive comment, often it is not heard either.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The NEW format is HIDEOUS! Return 2 the old r try something else, the article style & new commenting r AWFUL! I don't any1 who likes it!

GO BACK to the old style there is NOTHING stylish about this new set up, it is stark and unattractive. It is HORRIBLE and I read a lot less articles now and comment even less than that!

25th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 52nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You don't report the news...You report your own personal agenda and views!

Report the news. Keep your opinions to yourself. The reader can see your hidden agenda.

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep the report abuse on, to better control Trolls that might come to the comments and taunt others.

Be fair in really looking at the comments and really see when someone is being targeted, ridiculed. Ect. That should be the main issue.

103rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Where is my suggestion ???

Why did you,( Yahoo), remove my suggestion,"Give us a Tag-A-Troll" function??? I search up "My feedback",find it listed with a Yellow banner that says "Your' suggestion is being processed and will appear shortly".....it was removed 5 days ago !...How long is "SHORTLY"??..So why was it removed ??? It had close to 100 votes at the time you yanked it.....An answer would be nice...

252nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop slanting stories that promote BIG BUSINESS.

Yahoo slants many of the News stories it posts.
    I find the "*****" pushed by Yahoo to be whatever the Ruling Class wants us to think...
    That can be from the Left or Right. It doesn't matter.
    I've read propaganda pieces here on Yahoo talking about sea-life in the Gulf of Mexico "bouncing back" after the BP spill (which is utterly false) to feel-good fluff pieces about Facebook being more popular than ever (which is also false.)
    I don't think these slanted stories are about Left & Right per se but more about big business which rules both political parties... …

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 122nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 43rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 152nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ban stupid people. Seriously. Just ban them and say "we're trying to encourage intelligent discussion."

If you talk about Obummer, Liberal media conspiracy or Libtards, you have nothing intelligent to add to any discussion and are deadweight on the boards.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would rather read the comments then the article.

Have the people writing the comments run for office, they make more sense than the politicians.

90th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You really need to watch out for people with multiple user names voting and responding to their own comments.

The majority of hateful and/or rude comments on these forums come from "trolls," i.e. people who simply get off on making others upset. The solution is to make sure that accounts from the same IP cannot comment on each other's posts. The risk (that actual people who live in the same house won't be able to comment on each other) is negligible compared to the benefit.

71st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 108th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 28th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I will never use Facebook, get the connection to everything on Yahoo removed!

Why are you folks at Yahoo so stupid you can't see how ****** off you've made everyone. Facebook sucks and when I can't make comments because the article is tied to it I have no interest in reading it. It's like watching CNN... as soon as Sunny Hostin, Ashley Banfield, Chris Cuomo, or any of the other libterds come on I can't change the channel fast enough. The result... you lose market share!!!

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 114th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 82nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do away with thumbs down voting and add country flag icons.

1. Do away with thumbs down voting. People either like an idea or they can ignore it.

2. Have a flag icon of the originating IP's country next to commenter's name. It gives everyone a better idea of just where unsavory comments are coming from in political discussions. It will discourage some trolling.

139th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

US Comments

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base