Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New and improved email? What a joke...

This new and improved email, updated Dec. 5th, 2018 is a joke. Firstly, it's ugly. The themes/colors to choose from are lame, this new email won't retain any of the settings I choose. I want to open my email with the messages in the middle expanded to the right all the time. But when I expand the middle window to the right, every email I open is back to the way it was. I want to be able to expand that middle message window to the right and have it stay that way. I don't need/want that column on the…

267th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Base name from being permanent!!!

Please change base name for disposable email addresses from being Permanent. I was trying to set mine up a little bit ago so I can have one for different places. I thought I was suppose to put what I wanted it to be not just the beginning. So I made mine SFBShippingEasy for my shipping easy account. Now I can't change it. I didn't realize I should have only put SFB. You should make it where you can change it say once every 90 days or 1-2 times a year. Anything but permanent. Peoples use for email sometimes changes over…

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the spam filter less intrusive far too many legitamate emails are not getting through due to your over zealous spam filter

Do Not delete the items in the spam folder automatically I have lost very important emails due to them being marked as spam and then deleted without my knowledge. Not happy with Yahoo Mail. Perhaps you could give me the option to turn off all of your spam filters as I seem to be able to determine what is spam or not better than you.

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I need a receipt for most of my emails, or someway to see if my emails have been opened.

It’s so simple, it’s a feature of most emails. Not sure why Yahoo needs me to to them I need a receipt or a way to tell if y emails have been opened by the recipient. Since someone spent, or wasted all this time I guess I can entertain them. Hey is there anyway Yahoo could add a receipt option or someway for me to see if my emails have been opened?

Sarcastically Yours.
    Me

851st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 431st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2FA authentication is very basis and needs more security

2FA authentication is very basis and I feel it is not very secure. You should use the same technology which Microsoft uses ie on every login to the mail account it should prompt for approval on the mobile device etc. This will really help to protect the mails being hacked.

351st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please update 2FA to include U2F protocols

Update the Second Factor Authentication to allow U2F/FIDO compliant devices/apps, such as Yubikeys, Google Titan, FreeOTP, Lastpass, DUO, RSA, etc

231st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Earny

Give us the option to DISABLE this. I do not want to continue using Yahoo if I cannot disable it. I do not want this thing scanning my emails nor do I want anything to do with Earny, never have and never will!

431st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A contact number to someone at yahoo if you have any issues

I have tried to contact you because my account got hacked, up to now I have had no joy. I am thinking of getting rid of yahoo as you are incompetent. This is the 2nd time this has happened. I am disgusted with you for letting this happen.

1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mail marked spam isn’t filtered out of inbox. I’d really like to stop having spam emails filling up my inbox. Thank yoi

I would like to get rid of spam emails from filling my inbox but I’ve marked them as spam but they continue to be placed inbox. It’s a basic function that effects user experience with your email. If you could improve that function it would be appreciated thanks

851st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1511th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bring the app back for windows 10

yahoo is my email. we need that app back

267th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Kimble group Spam Phishing emails

Kimble Group is Spam dont even try it

1511th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot send attachments

Cannot send attachments

1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Emails won't fit on the page

Some emails are not fitting on the page. Before these emails from accepted senders would fit. Could we please have the old version of Yahoo back or these problems corrected. Thanks for listening.

1511th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to empty all the e-mails from a folder with click, when 1000s of e-mails in. (Doesn't empty with 1000s - only goes to 20% then fail

Ability to empty all the e-mails from a folder with click, when 1000s of e-mails in. (Doesn't empty with 1000s - only goes to 20% then fails. Have tried clearing cache etc. Have to keep scrolling and selecting all. It's taking ages.
    It's in yahoos servers interests to have easy emptying - less storage need for the servers.

1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to edit the subject line to find emails easier

Be able to edit the subject line to find emails easier. What is great about outlook mail is you can change the subject is you can look through your emails easier. The would be HUGE!

1228th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3311th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base