Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

We have refreshed your inbox with more room for messages and added exciting new features you will love. These include 1TB of free mail storage, Conversations, stunning new Themes, Attachments preview and much more.

Based on your feedback, we have improved and simplified how you work with folders in your inbox. Folders now remain visible at all times on the left side of your inbox so you can quickly find and file away messages. We want to hear what you think of this update and other features in Yahoo Mail. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review and take them all very seriously and review them regularly.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. I can get to my mail but cannot open,delete,move etc.

I need my mail now and cannot open my mail

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      72 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • I need to delete my yahoo email search history.

Why is it not possible to delete my email search history.to protect my privacy?

4th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Sub folders!

I use Hotmail/outlook web based email at work, it breaks every now and then, but it does allow me to organise my emails into subfolders, which are always on the left side bar.

Please bring this feature to Yahoo, it would be very useful.

2nd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  59 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Please bring back the stationery!!!

Please bring the stationery back!!!

1st ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  1443 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Bring back a way to quickly find a spot when organizing email by sender. Now I have to scroll through the whole collection of emails from t

Please bring back a method of finding my previous place while sorting and organizing my emails by sender. You used to be able to do this, but now I have to scroll through the whole collection before I can find my place again. Also, sometimes my email will jump back to the beginning (back to 'a' while I am working....then I have to start all over again!!) Frustrating!! When sorting by sender, we need a way to navigate without going back to the start.

13th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Mails have not arrived.

Mails have not arrived.

Turned out that there 500 blocked address (which among them are gmail.com) which i have never ever blocked! How many more emails that I already missing? can I retrieve those emails?

Now I have to remove those blocked address on my own. When doing this while feeling angry make me feel like it takes forever!

I am really angry! Yahoo has been my primary email for a while!

2247th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, emails sent from blocked addresses are not recoverable unless the original sender sends them to you again.

More importantly, however, is that this is a sign that your Yahoo account has been compromised. First off, I recommend changing your password! This is important. Next, please follow all the instructions in “What to do if your account is sending spam”, available at:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3417&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

I also recommend reading the following Yahoo! Help article “Changing your password” for the steps you should take to change your Yahoo! account’s password. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2035&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

For more information about keeping your account from becoming compromised, please have a look at the Yahoo! Help article “Safeguarding your Yahoo account”, available at:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2080&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

I hope this helps you!

• What happened to spell check?

What happened to spell check? When composing e-mails, it indicates incorrect spelling, but offers no corrective options. What use is that? If I could competently correct my own spelling, it wouldn't be wrong in the first place. I'm left with repeated trial & error spelling, or grabbing the old dictionary every time I see the red line. Spell check used to be there. Is it still an option? Is it hidden? Should I consult a twelve year old to figure it out? I dunno.

83rd ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Where is the "SORT" by "NAME" or "DATE" or "TIME" or "content"

WHERE IS THE "SORT" Catagorys???/ why only sorty by date? what about sortting by Name - Date - Content - When there are several HUNDRED emails to view.... why can we not view them by who sent them?? or by content ?

9th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Unable to print contents of displayed msg page by page and get entire contents of the page, rather only what I can see in my Yahoo Mail wind

Unable to print contents of displayed msg page by page and get entire contents of the page, rather only what I can see in my Yahoo Mail window. This was a problem a little while back that has returned.

8151st ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • I'm paying for ad free mail, yet Yahoo! is applying it's own ad relentlessly.

"Add Yahoo! ... as an application to mailto links?" This shows up as a banner that animatedly shifts my entire window down several pixels every time I access my mail online for the past week. There is no way to permanently disregard it. I am paying for "ad free mail".

32nd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • For the past 2 days, my mail viewed on Firefox won't allow me to open or compose messages.

I get a message in the lower right urging me to "load basic mail." What's going on here?

4978th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • I have not found any way to actually contact customer care. I keep being routed this page and others with no options to contact a person.

I need to talk to a PERSON and not have to go on a complete run-around to get to somewhere.

I want to use the basic version of Yahoo Mail, because the new version allows you to accidentally delete e-mails with ease (since the box does not have to checked to delete things and the top e-mail is automatically 'selected' if you've deleted any e-mails or read any e-mails), and the endless scrolling is a TERRIBLE feature for e-mail. I often want to get to the last page of a folder and now it takes absolute ages to do that.

8151st ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • PLEASE STOP CHANGING MY FOCUS TO "Press Esc or move pointer"! It interrupts my typing and makes me want to quit yahoo mail!!!

PLEASE STOP CHANGING MY FOCUS TO "Press Esc or move pointer"! It interrupts my typing and makes me want to quit yahoo mail!!!

I am using Firefox. Since you have fixed other more important bugs, this is my #1 priority now.

2247th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • pretty frustrated! my syncs for all folders froze 3 days ago. followed suggestions to force shut down, delete data uninstall, and reinsta

Now I recieve a message the my mail box is unavailable. Not impressed!
                              When will this issue be fixed?

8151st ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • You do nothing when I get hacked but you don't send my mail, even to one recipient, when you think I am sending to too many people. How do

Quit blocking me. I tried to send an important letter to one person and you blocked it. I would hate to think you are that insensitive or maybe incompetent!

8151st ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • I would like to be able to talk to someone about how to stop my email from sending spam!!! Your help listings do NOT help!

Have more Customer service people available to answer phone calls and help with serious spam issues. As a back-up provide a way to email Yahoo customer service about problems. This is the most frustrating experience I have ever had, having my email address sending out repeated spam, without being able to stop it, and having no one who can help me deal with this. I am sure I am not the only one that this is happening to. I will tell everyone I know to never use Yahoo - your customer service is the worst!

8151st ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Please someone screenshare with me - you won't BELIEVE how messed up my yahoo mailbox is.

Someone at Yahoo needs to share my screen so you can see the MESS my email box is. It says it's from one person, but it's actually another sender. I send emails and it says i sent it to someone else. At times it actually fills the "To" form with another email address than the one that I am replying to.
                                    YAHOO MAIL IS ON *****.

8151st ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 8151st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Why can't I find the sign out button??? Why is yahoo mail running sooooo slow? Is it the ads or th background? :-(

Not fun at all... Why can't I find the sign out button??? Why is yahoo mail running sooooo slow? Is it the ads or th background? :-(

8151st ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • got someone else's email using my email, they had the same last name as me & the first letter of their first name was the same as mine. How

I got an email from Turbo tax for a person that had the same last name as me and the same first letter of the first name as mine. How can the same email address be used by two different people in yahoo? I used an alternate email address when I used Turbo Tax. This person is getting a tax refund and everything....I changed my password just to be sure this person didn't have access to my email.

8151st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 7682 7683
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base