Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Do you use the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device?
We’re looking for Android users who are interested in becoming a Yahoo Mail app Android Beta Tester. We’re continually working to improve Yahoo Mail, and would love your help and input along the way. Email us if you’re interested: ymail-mobile-feedback@yahoo-inc.com

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      266 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Stop giving me back my deleted emails. If I deleted them I don't want them!

Leave my deleted emails in the trash! I don't want them back in my Inbox

7th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        150 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please bring spell check back to Yahoo Mail

I am so dismayed that you removed spell check from Yahoo Mail. I write many emails per day and they must have correct spelling, I am a professional. Spell check in the browser does not work efficiently. It will correct misspelled words if it can figure out what word I am using, but if it can't figure out what word I am using, it just leaves it misspelled. There is no right click to get a list of correctly spelled words to choose from. I am forced to cut and paste all of my Yahoo Mail text into Microsoft Word…

8th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • 20th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            14 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

3rd ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  239 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • signature option disappeared?

I have an outgoing email signature. I noticed that the formatting had changed. I went to settings and it seems there is NO more signature capacity? Well if not, at least allow me to remove the existing one because currently I have to cut and paste to delete it w/ EVERY email!

Is signature permanently gone?
              IF so, how do I delete the current one since it's "broken".
              Thanks,
              MT

21st ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re really sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time editing your signature!

We’ve changed its location in your Mail Settings. We did this to make it easier to manage multiple accounts all from one Yahoo Mail page.

You can find the updated settings in our Yahoo Help article at:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN16030

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us about this!

• FIX YOUR SPAM FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I can think of as to why I keep getting spam mail from senders that I have marked over and over as spam is that they are paying to have their emails go through regardless of whether they have been marked as spam.

I DO NOT WANT TO BUY BELIZE.
                I DO NOT WANT A WALK-IN BATHTUB.
                I DO NOT WANT TO BUY INSURANCE.
                I DO NOT WANT SOLAR PANELS.
                I DO NOT WANT A 3 YEAR LOAN.
                I DO NOT WANT A MEDICAL BILLING DEGREE.

19th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with spam messages in Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail does automatically filter these types of messages to your spam folder. If you’re continuing to see certain types of messages reach your inbox you may also want to set up filters to direct those types of messages to spam. Please take a look at the following help article for more information:

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3227&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• Return back 'Move to Folder' option for 'Disposable Addresses'

I have a huge number of 'Disposable Addresses'.
                  And for each of them an option "Move to Folder" had been set which put every 'Disposable Address' email to its folder.

!!! Now there is no such option in 'Disposable Addresses' !!!

Yahoo Team automatically tried to create an individual Filter for every 'Disposable Addresses' "Move tp Folder" option I had before.

But... As I can understand the number of Filters has a limit.

I gues so because when I try to create a new Filter (Add a new filter) I get a warning message "Sorry, an unknown error has occurred.…

16th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Restore my filters

I have had filters set up in my Yahoo email since I started using Yahoo email. All of a sudden, all my filers have disappeared. Can you please restore the filters I have been using for like 15 years???

15th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Delete should mean delete!

Perhaps this is a recent "change"? Today I checked my email and clicked the "delete" link in the body of the email. Guess what, it was still there in the inbox. WHY do we have to click "Delete" twice, when before we only had to do this once?

23rd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for letting us know that you are experiencing this issue deleting emails. We are currently looking into this further and appreciate your patience. If this continues please contact our email support team for further assistance.

You can reach that team using the following help form:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

• Make it easier to search, select, and delete a bunch of emails

After searching emails which meet specific criteria the view shows emails nicely grouped by date/period. It should be possible to select a bunch of emails by those groupings. At this time each email has to be individually selected. A smart company would make it easier for people to delete useless content so that the company would not have to continuously invest in increasing storage.

9th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          21 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 16th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            23 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • While I am typing, in mail, there are ads moving on the side bars causing my writing to ship letters and add spaces. Please stop.

Disable the ads in the side bar from moving, make them stationary. When they move it messes with the typing of mail, causes letters to be missing and spaces that shouldn't be there.

26th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues in Yahoo Mail. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will look into this further. In the meantime, it may help you to close Yahoo Mail and open a separate tab in your browser with a new session. It also may help to disable the conversations threading feature temporarily. Please take a look at the following help article for instructions on how to do that:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15805&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• email not loading

My email will not load! I was hacked last Friday, I changed my password and now I have not gotten any new mail since! I have tried to do the restore multiple times with no luck and I even did the self check and it said that there were no problems. That isn't even a possibility! HELP!!!

24th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that your account was compromised and that you are now having some trouble receiving messages. This is most likely happening because the hacker added a ‘forwarding address’ and/or a ‘reply-to’ address to your account that is directing emails away from your inbox. As a first step, please immediately change your password and go through the additional steps in the following help article to fully secure your account:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3516&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

Please note that due to a recent update to the Settings page in Yahoo Mail you may need to switch to Basic Mail to remove the added forwarding and reply-to addresses. If you aren’t seeing these options in full-featured Mail please switch to Basic Mail. Then access the ‘Options’ menu via drop down menu in the upper right hand corner. You’ll see the options to remove these addresses under this menu. If you’re not sure how to switch…

• Unable to access my Yahoo account for several months...

I've been unable to log in to my account over 3 months starting April 2015. On every login attempt I can see my INBOX for about 1/2 second then get the following message completely covering the INBOX which is still visible in the background:

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...
                                We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue. Temporary error: 2

I have visited the Help pages and searched the Internet only to learn there are hundreds of users with…

34th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  11 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Fix delete problem

If I open and email and try to delete it from there, it does not delete. If I try to delete it again it changes the receive date to 12/31/69. Can only delete from the inbox by selecting the email. Then the emails come back again.

36th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • why my recipients get my Email under Yahoo Mail Service instead my nam

why my recipients get my Email under Yahoo Mail Service instead my name

127th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • spam

yahoo!
                                      ten years of blocking the spam you have imposed!
                                      please remove the spam!

I have diligently: Removed for myself, the raunchy garbage' your advertisers push on my inbox. ..

Enough!. Iam not depraved. i do not want this **** on my account!
                                      Including my (spam) folder.

my next action will be to delete this account, if this issues is not, addressed in 24 hours. I expect a personal reply. yahoo!

39th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with spam messages in Yahoo Mail. Yahoo Mail does automatically filter these types of messages to your spam folder and we are continuously working to improve that system.

If you’re continuing to see certain types of messages reach your inbox you may also want to set up filters to direct those types of messages to spam. Please take a look at the following help article for more information:

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3227&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• need help using the new email format!!! the print on forwarded or return messages is tiny and the folded messages on repeated use of same me

I cannot use the email properly since you changed the format two months ago, the print is tiny and resent messages are folded up and burried in the send folder

36th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with Yahoo Mail. You should be able to adjust the size of the print via a setting within your web browser. Please take a look at the following help article for instructions:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2937&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

The second problem that you are describing sounds like one that may be related to the Conversations threading feature. For more about this feature, as well as how to disable it, please see our next help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15878&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

I also recommend our Overview help article if you have any additional questions about features:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15897&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• Enhance filters

Filters right now are extremely limited, without being able to handle multiple entries in the field box. This results in needing to create 50+ filters where one will do. supporting operators like OR, AND, and NOT would make filters much more useable.

13th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            16 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1424 1425
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base