Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  118 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

1st ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  267 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me.

My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me. I need help - I have no idea how to remove this profile. I have tried everything I can.

13th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          23 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with incorrect information being displayed in the contact card associated with your email address. It is possible to remove this picture and edit the information that displays within your own account. Please take a look at this help article:

Contact cards in Yahoo Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN25582&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you continue to experience this problem, please go to:

1. Contact Customer Care
          2. Contacts
          3. Manage Contact lists and categories
          4. Email

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail.

• Huge problems in the last two weeks

Search, which used to be pretty reliable, is suddenly terrible. Won't locate messages received in the last two weeks or so (though it will locate older messages). I can see the message in front of me...and a test search does not find it! Incredibly inconvenient. Also, suddenly I can't mass delete emails. I select a number of emails, click Delete, and after a couple seconds the emails are unselected...and not deleted. Impossible to clean out the inbox, except one at a time. Aaauuggghh!
          Jay

14th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have performed maintenance on your account that may correct this issue. If you still encounter problems, there may be a problem with your browser. Please try the troubleshooting steps in this Yahoo Help article.

Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3223.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo Mail Help: https://help.yahoo.com/mail

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

2nd ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  221 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Give me back the old mail

Hello ... What you replaced some stuff on yahoo general I do not like .... Before, I could see what my close friends have been posted, when we receive the messages I could not read them, but now it does .... I might want to read this message and give me back the old mail, because this displeases me and I do not know my way around it and wipe uopšte..Možda and do not use anymore, but I hope it will get me to

15th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • What happened to the search function in Mail? It went from the best feature yahoo mail had going for it to utterly useless. Utterly.

Go back to the way search worked until 2 days ago. Search was the single best feature of yahoo mail. Now it won't even locate mail by keyword when I've got it up on the screen.

24th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have performed maintenance on your account that may correct this issue. If you still encounter problems, there may be a problem with your browser. Please try the troubleshooting steps in this Yahoo Help article.

Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3223.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

• OFFENSIVE ADS

I am receiving offensive advertising from a crisis pregnancy center called Bethany. These are fake medical clinics run by conservative Christian organizations that disseminate false information and use scare tactics to intimidate women into not getting abortions. This is extremely offensive and should not be a Yahoo! advertiser.

20th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Please get rid of the newsfeed lightning bolt that appeared today in Yahoo Mail.

A new lightning bolt appeared over the newsfeed icon in Yahoo Mail. This is almost as annoying as the jumping numbers. I have no idea why it's there, I don't use newsfeed.

18th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • I am getting a ton of spam for specific email servers. These servers should be blocked from receipt of email by yahoo Mail.

I am getting a ton of spam for specific email servers. These servers should be blocked from receipt of email by yahoo Mail.. Any server that contains the word combinations below should be blocked. I received 5+ spam emails from each of these servers within 24 hours amounting to 38 spam emails in just 24 hours.
                      boxbread
                      impactgrow
                      gardentechy
                      mindfulserver
                      promisetalk
                      teampowerful
                      virtualright
                      Note that I did not sign up for email from any of these servers and I have no idea what they are other than they send lots of spam email.

20th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fighting spam is an ongoing battle. Sometimes spammers change tactics and we need to adapt. You can help us by continuing to mark message as spam, and not spam, as needed. This Yahoo Help article may also help you to manage spam.

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3227.html

• I continue to ask for help and get nothing! Why ask for us how to improve experience and not listen to and act on our problem!!!

I have 266 sexually implicit emails in my unsubscribe file! Previously you had disposed of many but under my husbands email address! Please give me some relief or some means to stop the filth! Thank you [removed by staff]

41st ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not recommended to post your Yahoo email address in a public location like our feedback forum. I’ve removed the address from your post for your security.

Yahoo doesn’t provide a folder called “Unsubscribe”. Are you using a service called Other Inbox? If so, you’ll need to contact them for help with this service.

Fighting spam is an ongoing battle. Sometimes spammers change tactics and we need to adapt. You can help us by continuing to mark message as spam, and not spam, as needed. This Yahoo Help article may also help you to manage spam.

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3227.html

• Have an icon in Yahoo email page with local time and weather info

have an icon in Yahoo email page with local time and weather info

1699th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Set Default Order for Email Addresses/Phone Numbers/Etc. in Contacts

Every time I edit anything for a contact with multiple email addresses, the email addresses get sorted in a different random order. This happens even when I don't touch the email addresses but edit some other field. Same thing happens with phone numbers and possibly IM handles & physical addresses. This problem may only occur if there are more than 2 items in a category.

So my request is simple, the ordering should always be what's shown in the Edit Details view. Otherwise, you never know which entry takes priority.

Perhaps this could be accomplished by sorting entries in the…

33rd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 1699th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Filter stops working after a day

Yesterday I recreated the filter with which I have had problems... it worked for a day, sending specified emails to correct folder. Then at around 9AM central time it started sending these same emails to inbox.

1699th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter with Yahoo Mail:

Fix common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3223.html

• Add "BLOCK ALL SPAM OF A 5EXUAL NATURE"/parental control function!

I get approximately 100 spams of a 5exual nature every day, such as 'be naughty', 'hot cougars', 'seeking MILFs', 'hook-ups', '****** girls', 'cheaters', 'affairs', and on and on ad nauseum. They are all from different addresses, so please don't suggest I use 'block sender'. Also, the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of every page is broken. THIS SHOULD BE A TIP-OFF TO YOU, YAHOO. BLOCK THEM BEFORE THEY EVER ARRIVE IN OUR SPAM BOXES!!! I'm tired of having to check thru 100 spams every day to verify no good emails ended up there.

27th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is not recommended that you click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of spam messages, as spammers sometimes use this as a way to verify active email addresses and often results in even more spam being received. You should only click this link if the message being received is something you signed up for, but no longer wish to receive.

We appreciate your feedback! I’ve made a note of this and we will be carefully considering your feedback when planning the future of Yahoo Mail. Comments like yours are the best way we have to understand how to build a better product for all our users.

• Shameless ads..

Initially, there used to be ads by unicef only (on the right side). Now its all adult content. I am under 18, help me! Its annoying and UNSATISFACTORY! I hate yahoo mail now!! Do something or I will be forced to leave this email account.....

1699th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you see offensive ads, it’s a good idea to check if your computer or Web browser is infected with malware that is displaying these ads on webpages you view. Please see this Yahoo Help article for details.

Offensive ads on Yahoo: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15078.html

• Constant email problems

Over 2 weeks of email problems. Must retry/reboot several times an hour. This is obviously a major problem. Same for loading Home Page.

36th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter with Yahoo Mail:

• BUG REPORT: keyboard shortcuts stop working after using shortcut to move message

From the message list, if I use the "D" + [number] keyboard shortcuts to move a message, further keyboard shortcuts such as [delete] and arrow keys stop working.

41st ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• spell check is not working

Get a new spell check the one you have is not working

41st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 1163 1164
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base