Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give an option to remove the day of week grouping inline on the Inbox.

That's what the date column is for and the breaks down the Inbox list are extremely distracting and serve little purpose. I am really tired of Yahoo just adding random garbage that no one has asked for with no way to disable it.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1527 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

7th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  153 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • That pop-up ad for installing the Yahoo Mail Chrome extension is the most annoying thing I've ever seen on Yahoo Mail, been here since 1998.

If I have to close a pop-up that isn't really a pop-up and gets around my ad and pop-up blockers every time I open Yahoo Mail, I will strongly consider switching to email service providers. Been a Yahoo mail user since 1998. Easily the most annoying thing Yahoo has ever done. The thing pops up constantly. Pop-up is for the Yahoo Mail Chrome extension. Do not want.

8th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          26 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re very sorry you’re having this problem with that pop-up for the Yahoo Mail extension!

Normally, when you close that notification, it shouldn’t show again for you. If it’s still showing, then this is most likely due to an issue with the cookies set by Yahoo in Chrome.

For instance, if you delete your cookies whenever you close the browser, then this will most likely show up each time you go back to Yahoo Mail.

Have you tried clearing your current cache and cookies in Chrome then ensuring that your security settings don’t stop Yahoo.com from setting cookies and it doesn’t delete them when you exit?

For steps you can take to fix the majority of problems you may encounter with your Web browser, please have a look at the following Yahoo Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891

We really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to address this for you. Please let…

• remove the Dynamic date separators

Please please remove the Dynamic date separators in Yahoo Mail that just magically appeared today. They are distracting and annoying and serve no useful purpose or at least let them be optional.

Stop changing a useful email format

13th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • i do NOT LIKE the new yahoo mail page can i go back to how it was

can i go back to my old mail page the new one is terrible

21st ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to switch back to the previous interface once you have upgraded. I am very sorry about that!

However, you may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo! Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo! Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo! Mail

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo! Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Basic Browser Troubleshooting” for the best help resolving this problem. You can find the link to it below.

Basic Browser Troubleshooting

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

• "Add to Contacts" option not being shown always in Contact Card

After I send a mail to abc@def.com (for the first time), I go to 'Sent Items' and mouse over abc@def.com to add them to my contacts with their actual name.

But I see only two options shown when I mouse over the '...' -
              1. Copy email address
              2. Copy all details

There is no 'Add to Contacts' or 'Edit Contact' option shown.

Please fix this.

17th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you[‘re having some trouble with the Contact Card feature. Please check to make sure that you don’t have the option to automatically add new recipients to your contact list selected. This might be the reason that you aren’t seeing the option to add this individual contact. Here are the instructions:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5398&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Please contact our email support team if this continues so that we can look into this further. You can contact that team at the link below. Please choose ‘Contacts’ and ‘Manage contact lists’ as the categories when filling out the help form.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

2nd ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  302 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please do not truncate messages

It is very annoying to have to almost completely scroll through and email again to get to were it was cut off. On the Desktop site this is completely unnecessary.

14th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 22nd ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Mail gets more fkked up by the day -- fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! restore Classic!!!!!!!!!!!

stop the ****, fix the problem, and restore Mail Classic. this is completely screwed right now,,, wont forward, wont reply, wont load,,,, it is FKKED UP. So un-fkk it and go back to the original mail that WORKED.

27th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble using Yahoo Mail and that you aren’t happy with the most recent changes. We appreciate your feedback. Please note that following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• stop fixing my email. get rid of that stupid grouping concept.

stop fixing my email. get rid of that stupid grouping concept.

24th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Compose Window TO/CC box should bold the characters matching, not the other way round

Suppose the full contact name is abcdef, and if we search for "abc" in the compose window TO box, we see that in the search suggestions pop-up, it shows abc in normal letters and def in bold.
                          This is highly non-intuitive and confusing.
                          Please reverse this - the matching letters abc should be in bold and def should be in normal letters.

27th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

3rd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Gathering feedback  ·  266 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 30th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble opening links within messages. Unfortunately, I’m not sure I understand the exact issue that you are describing. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• 26th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • There should be a way to restore deleted email to have it back in the "Sent" folder

After mistakenly deleting email from the "Sent" folder it is not possible to get it back in the "Sent" folder. You can move it from the "Trash" to anywhere else, but not to the "Sent".

33rd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Can you please create a "mute" conversation feature similar to Gmail?

Can you create the option to "mute" a thread. This will prevent one's inbox from populating while two people are having a back and forth on a thread they need to reference in the future but not actively monitor.

29th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 37th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate your feedback! Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to switch back to the previous interface once you have upgraded.

However, you may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo! Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo! Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo! Mail

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo! Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Basic Browser Troubleshooting” for the best help resolving this problem. You can find the link to it below.

Contact

• I am having trouble getting and receiving messages form messenger also people not being able to send or to receive my emails.

This Is beginning to **** me off no one receives my emails and I keep getting messages from people that it does not work and your yahoo messenger is always giving everybody trouble it never works half the time. Now Fix the problem and I mean as in yesterday and don't give my any ********* that I have to pay for this for you people to fix this email situation. Yahoo advertises as the best web Email well if you are so good why so many problems Now I want this Problem fixed and fix it now.

77th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • PRIVACY - AND YAHOO'S LEGAL LIABILITY

I have an uncommon name. Anyone who knows it could guess my gmail addy - and for sure, google up my street address.

In all innocence, I used my real name when signing up for Yahoo. I've given it to some of my closer contacts, but not to everyone. I and they liked the anonymity.

I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THAT BECAUSE OF RECENT CHANGES TO Y!M, EVERYONE I HAVE EVER EMAILED THROUGH Y!M NOW KNOWS MY REAL NAME, AND COULD EASILY FIND OUT WHO I AM AND WHERE I LIVE.

Enjoy the class-action lawsuit you're about to face, they're always…

37th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1261 1262
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base