Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give an option to remove the day of week grouping inline on the Inbox.

That's what the date column is for and the breaks down the Inbox list are extremely distracting and serve little purpose. I am really tired of Yahoo just adding random garbage that no one has asked for with no way to disable it.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      197 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

7th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  130 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Go back to allowing people to send photos and videos through their mail instead of through dropbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have NO desire to use an online file sharing site to store or share my photos and videos with people. I would like to be able to continue to send my videos and photos through regular email.

8th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • While writing an answer to an important mail, 29 drafts were created by Yahoo today! It was not the case before... not logical

While writing an answer to an important mail, 29 drafts were created by Yahoo today! It was not the case before... not logical.
          Until now, I have always worked on the last version of my draft.
          Please allow us to manage the last version of our draft without creating hundreds of additional drafts, impossible to manage! Also, it slows down a lot Yahoo mail... Thank you

17th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            20 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have sent the information you’ve provided to our engineering team for further investigation. I would like to assure you that we will do our best to have a resolution in place as soon as possible. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer you an estimate as to when this issue will be resolved.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for reporting this to us. Your input notifies us of current issues our customers are experiencing along with helping us to identify areas for product and service improvements.

• Please get rid of this Trending on Yahoo! It's SO anoying and stupid. I don't want all those headlines in face while I read my email.

I don't want and need to be bombarded with all those headlines while trying to read my email! It's so annoying and distracting. Besides, my kids also use my email account to contact their friends. They don't need that "trending on yahoo" either! Please DO SOMETHING!

13th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please get rid of the newsfeed lightning bolt that appeared today in Yahoo Mail.

A new lightning bolt appeared over the newsfeed icon in Yahoo Mail. This is almost as annoying as the jumping numbers. I have no idea why it's there, I don't use newsfeed.

14th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Why can't I see the send button or am able to scroll to it when doing a reply?

Suddenly my inbox view has changed to having messages under month's or date headings. When I need to reply to a message I can no longer see the send button or scroll down to click it. I haven't touched or changed anything myself in yahoo mail. I can't even find a way to put it back the way it used to be either. This is a crock to say the least.

21st ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter with Yahoo Mail:

Fix common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3223.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo Mail Help: https://help.yahoo.com/mail

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me.

My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me. I need help - I have no idea how to remove this profile. I have tried everything I can.

15th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    25 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with incorrect information being displayed in the contact card associated with your email address. It is possible to remove this picture and edit the information that displays within your own account. Please take a look at this help article:

Contact cards in Yahoo Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN25582&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

If you continue to experience this problem, please go to:

1. Contact Customer Care
                    2. Contacts
                    3. Manage Contact lists and categories
                    4. Email

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail.

• A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

1st ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  279 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 20th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue should be resolved. I’m sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

• Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

2nd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  235 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Ungroup emails - I don't use it, I don't like it, allow me to opt out.

I do not group my emails - I don't want to be forced to use that system when it's not needed, nor do I care for it. Allow me to "not" and opt out of it. It was fine and suddenly today, I'm being grouped. Stop it. Changing email providers is a hassle, but this is getting ridiculous.

24th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15805.html

• Today- my inbox has "paragraphs" like "from April" etc.. I DO NOT WANT them and they waste space. How do I get back the normal inbox?

I am very annoyed that you are attempting to FORCE this HORRIBLE new inbox on me. It wastes space and forces me to scroll down. I want to go back to the regular inbox, where each item is line after line/no paragraph sections like "from earlier" or March or April. how do i change back to the regular inbox?

25th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Please remove the date headers that sort emails by month.

Remove the date headers that sort emails by month. It's ugly and unnecessary. The date we receive the email is already available. We do not need additional ridiculous date blocks to organize our email content.

25th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • opt me out from **** emails !

Any way to block **** emails completely? It will be great if we opt-out and those mails be "bounced back" automatically to senders so they get their mail boxes full with their own junk? Sweet revenge for all of us that are tired of getting unwanted emails!

34th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fighting spam is an ongoing battle. Sometimes spammers change tactics and we need to adapt. You can help us by continuing to mark message as spam, and not spam, as needed. This Yahoo Help article may also help you to manage spam.

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3227.html

• THE SCREEN NEEDS TO BACK TO THE OLD WAY

I AM SORRY HATE THE NEW DESIGN OF THE SCREEN TO LOOK AT MAIL...THE SIDE SCREEN IS NOT BIG ENOUGH I HAVE TRY AND MOVE THE SLIDER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MESSAGE AND YOU CAN NOT GO...FROM ONE TO ANOTHER... JUST IS NOT A GOOD IDEA...IF THE READING AREA WAS AS WIDE AS THE EMAIL THEN IT MIGHT BE OK BUT NO IT NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE WAY THAT WAS NOT BROKEN SO WHY FIX IT...PLEASE

1359th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Please stop the **** spam e-mails. Yahoo is constantly bombing inboxes with spam e-mails, from merchants / sites .

You are one of the worst e-mail providers and I dont know why do I still stick with you. Guess it has too much history and people that know about it.
                                    However you, and i mean Yahoo!, is spamming with e-mails from merchantes / sites i have never heard about / accessed or subscribed to. I am starting to believe that you are secretly working with merchants to spam users for a cost and i say that because, there are multiple sites that send me e-mails, and when i try to unsubscribe from them, even though i have never been…

30th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fighting spam is an ongoing battle. Sometimes spammers change tactics and we need to adapt. You can help us by continuing to mark message as spam, and not spam, as needed. This Yahoo Help article may also help you to manage spam.

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3227.html

• we do not like the new set up on email with the weeks and months the email was sent

we do not like the new format on email with the days and months

46th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Why can't I make copies of my e-mails without all the other junk on the page?

I want to be able to make copies of my e-mails without all of the other junk from the page.

1359th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you mean that you’d like to print your messages?

Are you using the printer-friendly version of the message? If not, please use the steps in this Yahoo Help article to print your messages.

Print an email in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3389.html

Please note: If you have conversations enabled, [Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15878.html ] you will need to print each message in the conversation separately.

• Multiple Signatures Option

Within the Settings/Writing Emails section, it would be very helpful to have a 'multiple signatures' option. The user can select a default signature, or quickly change the settings to use a different signature. By doing this, the user eliminates the need to hand type a different signature, and subsequently, his/her Yahoo Email account can be better used for personal and/or business use.

29th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1179 1180
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base