Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give an option to remove the day of week grouping inline on the Inbox.

That's what the date column is for and the breaks down the Inbox list are extremely distracting and serve little purpose. I am really tired of Yahoo just adding random garbage that no one has asked for with no way to disable it.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      932 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

7th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  148 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • That pop-up ad for installing the Yahoo Mail Chrome extension is the most annoying thing I've ever seen on Yahoo Mail, been here since 1998.

If I have to close a pop-up that isn't really a pop-up and gets around my ad and pop-up blockers every time I open Yahoo Mail, I will strongly consider switching to email service providers. Been a Yahoo mail user since 1998. Easily the most annoying thing Yahoo has ever done. The thing pops up constantly. Pop-up is for the Yahoo Mail Chrome extension. Do not want.

8th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          22 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Give the option to remove date headers; choosing a different sort method is not a solution.

There is absolutely no reason to not give us the option to remove the date separators. None. Choosing another sort method is unacceptable, and you should be embarrassed to even suggest such a lame choice to your dedicated users. Many of us like to see an uncluttered interface, and you should give us the option to remove useless "features" such as these date headers/separators/whatever-you-feel-like-calling-them. I know there are other comments here that ask for the same thing, but I think you should hear this over and over again.

10th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            12 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please revert the default option of "Keep me signed in" back to OFF!!!

It's a security threat if I use any computer that's not mine, because it's so easy to overlook the option when signing in. What is the reason Yahoo changed this, to support multiple accounts? Is there a better way to do it?

14th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

2nd ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  295 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • "Add to Contacts" option not being shown always in Contact Card

After I send a mail to abc@def.com (for the first time), I go to 'Sent Items' and mouse over abc@def.com to add them to my contacts with their actual name.

But I see only two options shown when I mouse over the '...' -
                1. Copy email address
                2. Copy all details

There is no 'Add to Contacts' or 'Edit Contact' option shown.

Please fix this.

20th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please return OUR old version of mail. The new version is a catastrophe!

Please bring back "save a draft."

Please bring back SPELLCHECK!

22nd ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Drafts are saved automatically when you stop typing for a short time. If you’d like to save manually you can press ctrl+S on your keyboard.

Spellcheck is still available in Yahoo Mail. Just press the icon that looks like “abc” with a check mark next to the letters. Please see this Yahoo Help article for details.

Use spell-check in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3593.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo Mail Help: https://help.yahoo.com/mail

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• Compose Window TO/CC box should bold the characters matching, not the other way round

Suppose the full contact name is abcdef, and if we search for "abc" in the compose window TO box, we see that in the search suggestions pop-up, it shows abc in normal letters and def in bold.
                    This is highly non-intuitive and confusing.
                    Please reverse this - the matching letters abc should be in bold and def should be in normal letters.

24th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

3rd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  258 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Please do not truncate messages

It is very annoying to have to almost completely scroll through and email again to get to were it was cut off. On the Desktop site this is completely unnecessary.

17th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Can you please create a "mute" conversation feature similar to Gmail?

Can you create the option to "mute" a thread. This will prevent one's inbox from populating while two people are having a back and forth on a thread they need to reference in the future but not actively monitor.

26th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Return to 25 email per page

This morning an automated pop up asked if I wanted 'conversations' and I said not - hate the messages linked together. BUT, in saying no, it automatically then put in headings giving me today's yesterday etc.!! Nuisance - PLEASE can I have back the old style of 25 emails per page. I can deal with that many at a time and delete as necessary.

32nd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to switch back to the previous interface once you have upgraded. I am very sorry about that!

However, you may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN5171.html

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15090.html

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo Mail Help article for the best help resolving this problem.

Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3223.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo…

• PRIVACY - AND YAHOO'S LEGAL LIABILITY

I have an uncommon name. Anyone who knows it could guess my gmail addy - and for sure, google up my street address.

In all innocence, I used my real name when signing up for Yahoo. I've given it to some of my closer contacts, but not to everyone. I and they liked the anonymity.

I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THAT BECAUSE OF RECENT CHANGES TO Y!M, EVERYONE I HAVE EVER EMAILED THROUGH Y!M NOW KNOWS MY REAL NAME, AND COULD EASILY FIND OUT WHO I AM AND WHERE I LIVE.

Enjoy the class-action lawsuit you're about to face, they're always…

30th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • You guys need to quit messing with the mail function and quit trying to upgrade and change things all the time.

You need to upgrade your server size so we can get faster speed.
                                Yahoo mail is way too slow in responding. Tell your engineers that they need to quit trying to change things and come up with their stupid little egotistical ideas for worthless little nuances they think are important, but really cause us users nothing but headaches because it messes up and slows down your response time, like now, when you have an "Error" that wont even allow us to get our freakin' emails!!!!
                                Somebody changed something. Keep your hands off it!!! when it is working.

29th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 51st ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • There should be a way to restore deleted email to have it back in the "Sent" folder

After mistakenly deleting email from the "Sent" folder it is not possible to get it back in the "Sent" folder. You can move it from the "Trash" to anywhere else, but not to the "Sent".

41st ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Multiple Signatures Option

Within the Settings/Writing Emails section, it would be very helpful to have a 'multiple signatures' option. The user can select a default signature, or quickly change the settings to use a different signature. By doing this, the user eliminates the need to hand type a different signature, and subsequently, his/her Yahoo Email account can be better used for personal and/or business use.

27th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • YAHOO MAIL SUCKS MY ***!!!!

Yahoo mail sucks so bad it's not even funny anymore. EVERY DAY there is an error message. **** Yahoo!

110th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • I cannot access my personal page, Yahoo keeps changin their software and every time you change it it gets worse. leave it alone

Yahoo personal page is not available to me. You keep changing things and every time you do things get worse. Who the **** is working on your software some third grader, sorry I apologize to the third grader.

41st ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1228 1229
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base