Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please give an option to remove the day of week grouping inline on the Inbox.

That's what the date column is for and the breaks down the Inbox list are extremely distracting and serve little purpose. I am really tired of Yahoo just adding random garbage that no one has asked for with no way to disable it.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2253 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

6th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  194 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please stop playing multiple multimedia ads while I'm trying to type emails

The multimedia ads interfere with my ability to type a complete sentence - I'll be typing along and then discover that half the characters are missing one sentence back - it'd really annoying. The ads are fine, I understand you need them but please set them up so they don't interfere with the most basic of functions in an email account - the ability to send and receive email. Thanks much

9th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          34 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Stop giving me back my deleted emails. If I deleted them I don't want them!

Leave my deleted emails in the trash! I don't want them back in my Inbox

17th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make it easier to search, select, and delete a bunch of emails

After searching emails which meet specific criteria the view shows emails nicely grouped by date/period. It should be possible to select a bunch of emails by those groupings. At this time each email has to be individually selected. A smart company would make it easier for people to delete useless content so that the company would not have to continuously invest in increasing storage.

13th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              7 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 23rd ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Enhance filters

Filters right now are extremely limited, without being able to handle multiple entries in the field box. This results in needing to create 50+ filters where one will do. supporting operators like OR, AND, and NOT would make filters much more useable.

15th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Speed up yahoo mail again - too many bad ads which slow down everything!

yahoo has slowed down to a crawl - what is going on?

20th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble using Yahoo Mail. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Basic Browser Troubleshooting

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• 19th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

2nd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  319 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • WHY IS YAHOO MAIL SO SLOW? PLEASE SPEED UP SERVICE AGAIN!

the ads are slowing yahoo mail to a crawl! when typing an email, I am waiting for yahoo to catch up. The ads are not even close to what I am interested in or have searched for. please do something about the ads that slow yahoo down.

30th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble using Yahoo Mail. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

• Yahoo mail sucks now since youve changed it, I cant type now because it stops after every other word to refresh an ad.

It keeps refreshing ads while trying to type emails so it skips every few words. bring out a newer classic version without all the BS you add to the newest version let us choose how we want our email set up to be.

21st ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having some trouble using Yahoo Mail lately. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Please also note that you can use Basic Mail instead of full-featured Mail if you would prefer. Please check out the following help article for those instructions:

Basic Mail

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5171&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Contact Customer Care

• I'd like the main page refigured so that the left column is wider. Right now I can't see enough of the entry title to know if I want to rea

Rearrange the main page so that we can see the left column enough to know if we want to read it. Am currently unable to see enough of the title. Having a little scrap of message over on the right is no help.

30th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for asking about this! You can move the width of that column to make it wider or narrower depending on your preference.

You can change the width by clicking and dragging the right edge of that column. It may take you a few tries to find the border, but it’s there so don’t give up!

We really appreciate you getting in touch with us, and we hope this helps you use Yahoo Mail in way that makes it easier for you!

• Please. When I've ticked more than one email and accidentally opened another email, do not open it and remove all of my checked email

i've checked[ticked] like so many emails and suddenly clicked the middle of an email(opened) it, all of my checked email is unchecked because i ACCIDENTALLY opened an email and now I have to start all over checking the emails.

[ / ] Checked
                              [ / ] Checked
                              [ ] Unchecked
                              [ / ] Checked
                              [ ] Opened OMG I just try to tick it OMG WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE IT??

26th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • 46th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Undo button when composing

Please create an undo button when composing emails. I found no way to restore my previous draft and could not figure out how to undo when everything was deleted. I highlighted a large section of text and pressed tab, normally that would indent the text but it didn't, it deleted it. I could not get it back and it was very frustrating. It would be nice if the typical functions for the keyboard used in Office still applied when composing an email in Yahoo. Yes I noticed the indent button at the bottom of the compose section but it was…

13th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Provide a way to cancel an e-mail address.

Make it as easy to cancel an e-mail address as it is to create one.

26th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

3rd ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        323 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Can you please create a "mute" conversation feature similar to Gmail?

Can you create the option to "mute" a thread. This will prevent one's inbox from populating while two people are having a back and forth on a thread they need to reference in the future but not actively monitor.

18th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • I JUST CANNOT COMPOSE NEW MESSAGE, DELETE OLD ONE, REPLY OR FORWARD MESSAGES. ICONS DONT WORK AT ALL. WHAT IS GOING ON IN YAHOO? FRUSTRATING

I JUST CANNOT COMPOSE NEW MESSAGE, DELETE OLD ONE, REPLY OR FORWARD MESSAGES. ICONS DONT WORK AT ALL. U KEEP ON CLICKING BUT NOTHING HAPPEN, WHAT IS GOING ON IN YAHOO? IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND ANNOYING.

1556th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1383 1384
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base