Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please do NOT automatically play videos when I empty my spam or delete folders

You made a recent change where you automatically play videos when one empties the spam or trash folders. I don't mind you showing videos that I may choose to play. But please don't start a video assuming I want to watch it. I find it annoying!

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  523 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • No more video ads!!

I am close to switching to another email provider because yahoo mail cannot keep up when I am typing an email. The video ads slow down the service so much that every other word is omitted from my emails or I have to sit and wait for the service to respond in mid sentence. I, and I am sure most users, will not pay for an ad free service in 2016. There are plenty of free email providers that do not have video ads running in the background! Therefore, if you make me switch then I also would not be…

3rd ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  252 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • logger.js

This morning (12 Sep 2016) I started getting a *frequent* message at the bottom of the main email screen asking if I want to Open/Save logger.js from haso.pubmatic.com. I always Cancel it but it's *incredibly* persistent and annoying. Please fix.

12th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          20 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • as of this morning 9/20/2016, email contains only the subject line and am unable to view the entire message.

Change the email back to the format from yesterday. This is intolerable.

17th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            22 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Can you place the Delete button back to where it use to be, and place the new archive button where the delete button is now?

I actually think that the new archive button is pretty neat, but can it be moved? The delete button has been relocated and the archive button is in it's place now. I keep finding myself accidentally archiving stuff that I want to delete. If you return the delete button to where it use to be, and place the archive button to where you have the delete button now, I think it would be much easier.

1st ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  1029 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • "Trending on Yahoo" needs to be optional.

Please discontinue or make optional the "Trending on Yahoo" that appears on the Yahoo Mail page!

10th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • I hate the new mail, we use yahoo mail over the others because it was simple. You cannot respond to an old email without a thread

go back to the old format of mail, its difficult to respond to a new email without attaching the old one. people live by emails and this is too confusing, please go back!!!!!

14th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  13 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • LEAVE THIS PAGE/STAY ON THIS PAGE

Now whenever I switch from Inbox to Sent or want to close a tab, this ANNOYING RIDICULOUS box pops up asking me if I want to leave or stay on this page. What is this nonsense you're now foisting on us??? Wait until your ****** core business is sold and see how fast your users fly to another service.

11th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Get rid of Archive

It's a waste. Not only does it require relearning the layout of the buttons, it also creates another clutter spot - if you aren't going to delete a message, why not create a specific subject folder instead of a second clutter spot.

If Yahoo isn't going to remove the feature, give us a setting option so we can remove it from our personal account - make it an option, not a requirement.

4th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      119 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Check for sent attachments

"In the file attached" - forgot to attach. In gmail it realises you meant to attach something and prompts you to attach it. Super feature as it means you don't look foolish. Please can you enable this in Yahoo mail?

19th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Yahoo Support! I have no way to report a legitimate BUG in Yahoo Email App!

I found a legitimate bug with the new combined mailbox access feature.
                        It is a great feature if it worked but when I click the secondary mailbox it is not filtering email for that account. It is showing emails from the account I'm signed into as well. The second problem is that I have email set to be forwarded from a second account to the account I sign into and sometimes the email doesn't show in the inbox of the forwarding account and sometimes it does.
                        Who can address this!!??
                        Very Very Very Frustrating that a large organization like Yahoo…

21st ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Fix Yahoo Email - It doesn't support IE 11 with WIndows 10! All I get is basic yahoo mail

For some reason Yahoo Mail will not support I.E. 11 with Windows 10.
                          MS just updated Windows 10 on my PC and now Yahoo Mail says it does not support my current browser Internet Explorer 11. All I get is basic Yahoo mail. What gives?

134th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Allow Block to block email addresses by domain or wildcard instead of the complete email address.

Block by domain name and not by the complete email address. The spammers can use the same domain and keep changing the sender name infinitely. So block by domain. Would be much more effective.

6th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Gathering feedback  ·  186 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 28th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Match Gmail in enabling 'reply' to sent items

I frequently search for someone I've sent an email to, then hit reply to send another email to them / chase. On yahoo this defaults back to replying to me, absolutely not what I want. Instead I have to 'reply all' and then delete my name. Inefficient. On gmail it realises what I want to do, and defaults to the person I am trying to reach. Far more efficient and a great feature

16th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Give options for deleting items in "Trash"

Let us have options on how often to empty trash and base it on the date the item was put in trash!
                                  Don't delete items in trash based on date received - base it on date placed in trash. If an item is inadvertently put in trash that is old and you were saving it it disappears immediately because it's older than the last trash "dump."

35th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Delete

Why is Delete so unreliable? I delete dozens/hundreds of emails just to have them show back up again.
                                    Delete on my Android Samsung S6 literally never works. They ALL show back up again. I can now only delete from my PC and it is also unreliable and common to have a series of emails show back up again. This completely waste my time. Considering abandoning yahoo email.

15th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Email Outage

Dear Yahoo: When you have an email outage or sluggishness like you did today, I think we would all greatly appreciate an getting an email or text advising us that you are aware of the problem and working to fix it by time certain or advise when the next status report will be issued.

265th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Paragraph seperations gone

(9/7/16) Starting about a week ago, my new e-mails and replies began looking very sloppy because I can no longer make paragraph separations. No matter how many spaces I may "enter" between paragraphs while composing, they are always eliminated when I send. This makes for a very sloppy and unprofessional looking e-mail to the recipient, and does not look like what I composed. I have begun starting my new e-mails and replies with a preemptive apology for the weird appearance. All the internet buzz says that you guys have caused this problem. PLEASE fix it soon. Thank you

123rd ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Remove the Donald Trump image that appears on my yahoo login page. This is incredibly offensive.

Every time I log in to my yahoo mail account now, a huge full screen image of Donald Trump is displayed. I do not want to see this. I find this very offensive. I don't give a #@$% if his campaign paid for the ad space. If any other candidate photo was displayed, I wouldn't want to see that either, but the DT images are especially repulsive. It would be okay if yahoo provided a way for me to opt out of seeing this, but there isn't a way. And because of this I will be leaving yahoo.

53rd ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1636 1637
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base