Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you place the Delete button back to where it use to be, and place the new archive button where the delete button is now?

I actually think that the new archive button is pretty neat, but can it be moved? The delete button has been relocated and the archive button is in it's place now. I keep finding myself accidentally archiving stuff that I want to delete. If you return the delete button to where it use to be, and place the archive button to where you have the delete button now, I think it would be much easier.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  735 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Get rid of Archive

It's a waste. Not only does it require relearning the layout of the buttons, it also creates another clutter spot - if you aren't going to delete a message, why not create a specific subject folder instead of a second clutter spot.

If Yahoo isn't going to remove the feature, give us a setting option so we can remove it from our personal account - make it an option, not a requirement.

4th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        71 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 10th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          115 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I cannot send to my contacts what ever you did for the better sucks

will not load the contacts i choose so i cannot send. what ever you did sucks

7th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            103 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

According to the most recent update from our engineering team this is now resolved and you should be able to access and send to your full list of contacts by clicking the ‘To’ link in a message you are composing.

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via the help form at the following link:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

• ADD SPELLCHECK!!!

ADD SPELLCHECK!!!

12th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Why doesn't the new Block feature block emails from my spam. I don't want these people to be able to send me mail at all.

New block feature should block emails senders from both inbox and spam folder. I don't want these people to send me mail at all. Come on Yahoo. You know what we wanted in a block feature. Help us really beat spam.

6th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  116 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Block feature. Allow Block to block email addresses by domain instead of the complete email address.

Block by domain name and not by the complete email address. The spammers can use the same domain and keep changing the sender name infinitely. So block by domain. Would be much more effective.

14th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  8 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Get rid of the Archive button. Do you believe there is anyone that hasn't created folders to save and categorize the emails they want .

Get rid of the Archive button. What purpose does it serve? Does anyone believe that users haven't always been creating folders to categorize and save the emails they want? Seems like just another useless feature, kinda like the idea of having to endlessly scroll through all the emails to get to the last email, instead of having pages, like the original email had.

16th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 23rd ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • New Search is AWFUL!!! Why must you get rid of functions that actually worked.

Please, please bring back the most recent old Search. The Refine function is now incredibly convoluted. It takes more steps to get to what you want and then you can't go back to the full search you had. When you delete an email, it used to show it was in the trash which was very useful. Now it either disappears or just stays in the folder it was in. You cannot hover over the subject line to see the whole thing. Also, Smart Views are useless since they cannot be sorted by Folder. Stop reinventing things to just reinvent them!

9th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        48 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Put the email contacts back like it use to be and don't change things--The new contacts list dont work

The new contacts you changed stinks --it don't work--Please put the original contacts list back like it was--Thank you

18th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 21st ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are aware that some users are unable to pull up their list of contacts via the ‘To’ link in an email that they are composing or are unable to add those contacts once selected. Our engineering is working to resolve this issue as quickly as they can. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Please note that you should still be able to add a contact to an outgoing message by typing out that contact’s name or address in the ‘To’ field.

• When choosing email address, list should come up in same order that our contact list is in.

Why can't you leave things alone?!!! Didn't you learn your lesson the last time when you made all those horrific changes? I know you lost a lot of us.
                            Problem: when trying to send an email, the contact list should come up the way we want it, not the way you want it. I'd like mine to come up alphabetically by last name, just the way it is listed in my contact list. It is suddenly coming up alphabetically by first name. Please put it back the way it was.
                            AND STOP FOOLING WITH THINGS THAT WORK.

36th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow automatic folder filing

Many of my folders are simply my emails with certain people. E.g., my brother emails me, the email from him goes in his folder. It would be amazing if I could tag email addresses to always go into folder X. Then I could click a "File" button (assuming the email was from someone with an auto-folder setting assigned) and the email would move to that folder automatically. That would DRASTICALLY reduce the time I spent filing as it would leave only atypical message requiring me to manually drag them to a folder. Everything else could get filed in the right…

33rd ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • My email continues to have issues Loading. Cannot load my list. Cannot load my message. I've tried using your HELP section. Does not help!

This has gotten ridiculous. I've been having issues with my inbox loading and then when/if it will load, issues with the individual messages loading. This has been going on for over a week now. I've tried to use Yahoo's help section, but it's useless. Someone needs to figure this out. I actually need and use this email account.

29th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  14 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Can you make yahoo mail compatible to download emails from Gmail account instead of showing a replica of Gmail account.

At present, when you add a gmail account it is only a replica or mirror of gmail in your yahoo account. If you delete this gmail account all your emails (of gmail) are also vanished. However, if yahoo can allow to download the emails from gmail account, they will not be deleted on deactivation or deletion of gmail account. Users will prefer to use yahoo mail over Gmail

33rd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • How about an option TO ACTUALLY CONTACT YOU??? Instead of ****** "select an option" where your issue is unlikely to appear.

I have a problem... So I decide to contact Yahoo to see if I can solve it, I use my email ALL THE TIME. I rely on it. But it just got terrible. I use search in mail every day and 100% of the time the result doesn't show MOST of the emails, Example: I search for "invoice" and only a fraction of the emails with this in the subject even appear. It is SO FRUSTRATING

It's worse though and here is my suggestion. I want to contact someone who might be able to help me fix it, so I…

39th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 139th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Please give us the opportunity to return to the previous version of Messenger in mail, which is more accessible and easy to use!

The current Messenger in email is awful annoying and difficult to use, which is why I no longer use it at all!!! Therefore, please give us the opportunity to return to the previous version of Messenger in mail, which is more accessible and easy to use!

37th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Messenger in Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • When I move a message to a folder, can my replies to it be moved there automatically?

When I reply to a message my reply currently goes straight to the sent folder. If I then file that message, can I have my replied to it get filed automatically in the same folder? I don't mind if it's automatic or of I'm prompted to see; either approach would reduce the number of times I have to drag an email to a folder (and risk dragging to the wrong one) or click on a folder in a long list.

47th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1320 1321
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base