Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A existing "feedback" item needs further attention - the "ME" problem must be addressed!

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/210695-yahoo-mail/suggestions/6643183-the-to-me-from-me-glitch-is-back is an instance of several "feedback" items pointing out all kinds of reasons why the "me" change is inappropriate and unwanted. No one in Yahoo support has explained a) the apparent confusion within YAHOO MAIL about whether this is part of "conversations" or not or b) why <even in conversations> this is a good idea. Thanking us profusely for our input is not helpful; you are obviously ignoring many many users inputs and giving us lip-service in reply. Please reconsider this. How about an email with "change it/don't change" choices. Surely there is a tool at yahoo's disposal to…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      563 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback regarding this feature. We’re sorry for the lack of details we’ve provided regarding our decision on the matter, we cannot share internal decisions until they have been made public.

What we can tell you is that our engineers are looking into the best way to make the changes recommended (and voted on) by many of our customers, regarding the ‘conversations’ feature.

Stay tuned for new changes to come and thank you for continuing to use Yahoo Mail as we work to make it better than ever!

• Yahoo.....PLEASE ...what is wrong with email? For DAYS now it is extremely slow trying to maneuver between functions; receive mail, go to

files, send, respond, you name it. Delete key won't respond, names wont populate "to"....And then....whew...for a few minutes it seems like it is all fixed AND THEN THE PROBLEMS reassert themselves. You tell me that nothing is detected that is wrong....but it is...yes, it opens after you type in password and everything looks "good",,,,BUT IS IS PRACTICALLY UNUSABLE!@ PLEAASE help us out here and look at these issues and get it fixed! Thanks for listening and reading this and ACTING on it. K

7th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve received reports that Yahoo Mail isn’t working correctly when accessed using Safari 5.0.6 on a Mac. These issues may include:

• Buttons/icons don’t respond when clicked
        • Emails don’t opening or display a blank screen

Our Engineering team is aware of these issues and is working to fix them as quickly as possible.

There are a few workarounds that can be used to resolve this issue temporarily.

Switch to the Basic version of Yahoo Mail:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN15090

Using a different supported browser:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3257

Using the mobile version of Yahoo Mail:

https://m.yahoo.com/mail

Thanks for your patience as we work to correct this problem.

• A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

2nd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  243 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

3rd ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  190 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add option to disable "Smart View" folders

Allow user to disable "Smart View" folder option. This is a PRIVACY issue! I do not want Yahoo! scanning my email content for categorization!

14th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              6 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 18th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to switch back to the previous interface once you have upgraded. I am very sorry about that!

However, you may be interested in trying the Basic version of the new Yahoo Mail interface which offers a much slimmer and, well, basic experience similar to our earliest “Classic” versions of Yahoo Mail. You can find out more about Basic Mail here:

What is basic mail?: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN5171.html

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15090.html

If you would like to give the new full-featured Yahoo Mail interface a chance, but are having technical problems with it, I recommend reading the following Yahoo Mail Help article for the best help resolving this problem.

Fixing common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3223.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo…

• Allow editing of contact information of RECEIVER from the SENT MAILS ITEMS

This is so illogical of Yahoo..When I right click on email id in sent items it displays an option to add sender to contacts (Shift+C)..I myself am the sender.why would in need to add myself..instead it should display option to add receiver email id to contact or edit receiver contact. PLEASE work on complex contact interface.

20th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • I cannot see conversation history on instant messaging. Also very difficult to converse as so slow. Please fix.

Please fix instant messaging. Cannot access conversation history and the response time when conversing is so slow. Please fix.

28th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me.

My Card Details in the Contacts contains a Facebook profile that is not me. I need help - I have no idea how to remove this profile. I have tried everything I can.

25th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • I just found that emails that I have deleted have not been really deleted. I found them in folders under smart view! what is the sense of it

If I delete an email... that I means I do not want it saved in another folder automatically. Just delete them when I say to!!

28th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please understand that Smart Views are not folders. Think of them more like shortcuts to messages that fit a certain criteria. When you delete a message it is first moved to the Trash folder and will not be permanently deleted until the Trash folder is emptied. This is done automatically after a time, but can also be done manually.

Empty the Trash folder in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN16024.html

While the messages are in the Trash folder they will still show up in search results, and therefore also Smart Views. Once the Trash folder has been emptied the messages will no longer appear in search results of Smart Views.

• be more like google

i like yputube

79th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Get rid of that STUPID and complicating "ME" process, it's driving me crazy! Listen to us, PLEASE!!!

I WISH TO GO BACK TO THE SIMPLE "RECEIVE" AND "SENT" E-MAILS WITHOUT HAVING TO WADE THROUGH ALL THE PREVIOUS MAIL. I PREFER TO WRITE NEW LETTERS WITHOUT ALL THAT REPETITION, WHICH PILES UP PAST CORRESPONDENCE TO A PARTICULAR PERSON ON DIFFERENT SUBJECTS. PLEASE HEAR ME AND STOP THE "ME" "ME" "ME"-- BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND--I KNOW WHAT I'VE SENT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

37th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Give us a way to explain our problem!

Since Monday I cannot post any links in emails that are live and clickable. I used that a lot and now it is gone.
                            I emailed the Help pages but clicking that my issue was not there did not give me an option to say what it was. I get a generic email back saying no problems detected...RIDICULOUS... How can that apply as I was not given an option to explain.

39th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It sounds like you may have used our Quick Fix tool. This is an automated system.

You must be using Rich Text mode to add clickable links. Please see this Yahoo Help article for details.

Add clickable links to your email: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3385.html

If Rich Text mode doesn’t seem to be available, you may be using basic Yahoo Mail.

What is basic mail?: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN5171.html

Switching between basic and full-featured Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15090.html

I hope this helps, take care!

• I have been getting a TON of spam mail the last 2 months. More than ever. They are not getting caught by the filter, and are in my inbox.

I have been getting a TON of spam mail the last 2 months. More than ever. They are not getting caught by the filter, and are in my inbox.

27th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fighting spam is an ongoing battle. Sometimes spammers change tactics and we need to adapt. You can help us by continuing to mark message as spam, and not spam, as needed. This Yahoo Help article may also help you to manage spam.

Stop spam in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN3227.html

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem or have additional questions, please see our Yahoo Mail help pages:

Yahoo Mail Help: https://help.yahoo.com/mail

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• There is no Search Mail bar at the top of the page.

There is a small purple box with a magnifying glass that appears when I scroll through mail, but it doesn't let me enter text in the box. How can I search mail on the desktop version? (I'm using Safari ver. 6.1.1) Thank you.

37th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Updated 3/27: This issue should be resolved. Thanks for your reports!

3/14:Sorry about that! Following the steps in this Yahoo Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter with Yahoo Mail. Please give them a try:

Fix common problems in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3223.html

• Allow my Yahoo profile photo to override Facebook photo

I choose not to have a Facebook account. I have two Yahoo email addresses with profile photos. I have received email from someone I don't know but with the same name as me and since then HER Facebook photo overrides my Yahoo profile photo on email that I send. I have been unable to force my Yahoo profile photo to email that I send. My contacts are very confused when they hover over my email address and see a stranger's photo.

42nd ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • I don't like this mail view option , becase print not full view please set back old version

I don't like this mail view option , becase print not full view please set back old version

54th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure I understand your question, but I think you may be having trouble printing.

Are you using the printer-friendly version of the message? If not, please use the steps in this Yahoo Help article to print your messages.

Print an email in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3389.html

Please note: If you have conversations enabled, [Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN15878.html ] you will need to print each message in the conversation separately.

• Please I want to be able to sort emails by sender or subject, like I used to do before

Please I want to be able to sort emails by sender or subject, like I used to do before

31st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are able to sort your emails by sender or subject, however to do so you need to disable our conversation threading feature.

We think conversation threads are great new way to organize your emails, but we also understand that they may not be for everyone, which is why you have the ability to turn them off if you choose. To learn how to do that, please have a look at the following Yahoo Mail Help article:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15805.html

• Have BLOCKING capability from a ****** predator who is still harassing me.

Yahoo inbox should have a way to block unwanted communications with a those who send malicious and harassing emails. ****** predators, who feign "caring" onlyto get your address, then trn on you is a BIG problem. I have never engaged in social media and don't even have a smart phone.

There should be protections in place for this to stop the abuse! Turning hi into authorities only made him angrier and came after me with revenge, vs being stopped!!!

58th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • I've decided to send you links to the ads that have suddenly started appearing at the top & to the right of my inbox: https://www304.america

I've decided to send you links to the ads that have suddenly started appearing at the top & to the right of my inbox. And no, I don't want to pay $5 per month to stop it. Instead I want to take up your time dealing w/ it so that Yahoo makes less money on the ads it sells for attachment to my email. And no, the opt out options on your Ad Interest Management pages don't stop the ads: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue-cash-preferred/28004?ccsgeep=28004&psccsg=CCSG_Bing_Stream_Ads_BCP
                                          http://savings-galleria.com/?agent_ID=200544&campaign_ID=7513

2429th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1130 1131
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base