Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I've just been informed that Yahoo is getting rid of my Classic Email. Please do not get rid of it. I love the Classic format!

I've just been informed that Yahoo is getting rid of my Classic Email format. They are forcing me to upgrade my account. I love the Classic format. Please do not get rid of Classic Email!

5th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

49 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop telling me / users to "upgrade" yehoo! mail!

yehoo! YOU'RE NOT HEARING / LISTENING TO YOUR USERS (see following)!!!!!
    Stop telling me / users it's time to "upgrade" yehoo! mail! Been using the Classic format for multi-years.
    DON'T NEED TO CHANGE SUMPTHIN' IF IT AIN'T BROKE!!
    HATE THE YEHOO! "UPGRADE" FORMAT / VERSION!!

"Please do not get rid of [the Classic Email]. I love the Classic format! [yahoo! is] forcing me to upgrade my account. I love the Classic format. Please do not get rid of Classic Email!

Keep the classic layout of E-mail, the new style is dreadful. Do you even care what your users want. Stop…

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The way to improve Yahoo Mail is to bring back the Classic Basic Mail. This one is Awful!!!

You should have the Classic basic Yahoo mail back because it had the seasonal stationery choices which my friends & family enjoyed it! There were more choices in Basic Yahoo. My suggestion for the future "Bring back Classic Basic Yahoo" There was no need for improvement!

164th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pop up that asks if I'm sure I want to delete an entire email while typing the email....

I got a new HP computer and while typing I somehow hightlight and delete though I have no idea how it happens. Can you please have a pop-up that says "are you sure" you want to delete this entire email? As it turn out, even in "drafts" it is no longer there. My fingers are moving too fast and I don't know how this HP is different but it's happening a lot and it's making me crazy. Thank you!

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deals View

Instead of having such a big area for deals view on some of our email...why not have a small icon that allows people to use as a deal saver and continue their view at Deals View? Why is such a big banner needed? If advertisers have quality items, it will sell and people will remember to return to them time after time by using a bookmark or so.

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why can't I delete autofill email addresses?

Why can't I delete autofill email addresses?

In the old Yahoo email all the emails Yahoo stores in the "auto-fill" I was able to delete. In this new version (which I personally cannot stand) you cannot delete any autofill email addresses and also the spam doesn't show how many are in Spam with a number indicator.

Is this new mail really an improvement? I think it stinks!

432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a "Received Today" view

(on both desktop and mobile apps) - Either under the Inbox/Unread/Starred area, or under Views, create an option to see all emails received today, regardless of read/unread status, in all folders (including Spam and Trash.) Thanks!

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to delete all of my emails (even the ones that come after 100) all at once.

It would be really great if we could delete all of our emails all at once and not just 100 at a time. It takes forever to get through all of the emails at that rate. Please come up with a feature to help us!
    Thanks.
    Debbie

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow move existing folder or subfolders to new folders that were created.

For reasons of reorganization, I need to move existing folder or subfolders into new folders that have been created.

There is no such option. This is very bad.

432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Extremely unfair that level 7 privileges on Yahoo Answers that people worked for were taken away. That is a bait and switch tactic and now

And now makes Level 7 that people worked for entirely useless on Yahoo Answers.
    Suggestion bring Yahoo Answers Level 7 privileges back as they were promised to members or provide another privilege for level 7. Really people worked a long time to get that privilege and not fair to take it away from everyone for a few that abused it. Also breaks bait and switch laws as you promised something to a group of members than snatched it away after they'd spent a lot of time working to increase your site traffic for Yahoo.

There is no point to the…

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Larger deletion ammounts or full inbox clearing.

Weither thru an assistant or settings or a button, the ability to clear my inbox would be nice. I have over 9000 (pun intended) emails and I just want to get rid of all of them. Maybe also the ability to choose what email senders are spam to me so their filtered out. Theres many desires younger me out my email on and I just want to tame my email.

203rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Yahoo email does not have a light gray background as in Classic Yahoo which I am used to. Why?

New Yahoo email does not have a light gray background as in Classic Yahoo. Why?

656th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need a receipt for most of my emails, or someway to see if my emails have been opened.

It’s so simple, it’s a feature of most emails. Not sure why Yahoo needs me to to them I need a receipt or a way to tell if y emails have been opened by the recipient. Since someone spent, or wasted all this time I guess I can entertain them. Hey is there anyway Yahoo could add a receipt option or someway for me to see if my emails have been opened?

Sarcastically Yours.
    Me

203rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop Sending Time For an Upgrade Messages! I like this version 100% better than that new one.

The new version sucks! Can you geniuses at Yahoo stop auto-updates? Thanks and keep this cleaner, better features version.

1449th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Yahoo does NOT care what its faithful users of CLASSIC think.

You have to make it easier to switch back or allow us to choose Classic ONLY so it doesn't change when you update everyone else. There are so many hwo use Yahoo, and Yahoo just demonstrated a lack of caring about any of them, it would be like Coke changing its main flavor without asking or notifying consumers think how conusmers would react to that.

1449th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Where is the push button for login

Return the push button to login

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I received this email... is it legit?

Dear Valued User,

Your Mail version is outdated,
    Failure to Upgrade to the newest Yahoo Mail 7.1 now will result to a permanent account closure.
    According to provision 17.9 of Terms and Conditions, Yahoo may at anytime terminate its services for accounts.
    To upgrade open the attach below

Thanks,
    Yahoo! Mail Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
    For assistance, log in to your email! website and choose the "Help" link on any page.

Customer Service Email ID # 1009.
    c 2018!, Inc. All rights reserved

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fast and easy search

I've been enjoying Yahoo mail since 2007, there were not any serious problems during this time. I suggest to make it easier to find an old message by its title, year or email address. Thankfully, Moonlight

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PLEASE ADD A FONT SIZE OPTION BUTTON SO I CAN SEE WHAT I'M WRITING IN MY EMAILS.

PLEASE ADD A FONT SIZE OPTION BUTTON AND A BOLD PRINT BUTTON SO I CAN SEE WHAT I'M WRITING IN MY EMAIL RESPONSES W/O HURTING MY EYES ON THE SMALL PRINT YOU NOW HAVE WITH NO OPTION TO MAKE THE PRINT LARGER. THANK YOU.

1773rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base