Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If I typo an email address, please allow me to correct it with the cursor, instead of making me re-type the entire thing!

I used to be able to move the cursor to correct a typo in the "To" line, but now as soon as I'm done typing, it automatically highlights the address and does not allow changes. I have to delete the addressees name and start over. Why is this??

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Email Outage

Dear Yahoo: When you have an email outage or sluggishness like you did today, I think we would all greatly appreciate an getting an email or text advising us that you are aware of the problem and working to fix it by time certain or advise when the next status report will be issued.

11th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Temporary Error 14

I have been unable to access my email for 2 months now because of Temporary Error 14. Clearing the cache and cookies as suggested online does not help. Please help resolve this issue.

16th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. This is most likely a temporary issue that should resolve itself. Going through some basic browser troubleshooting steps may help as well. For more on Temporary Access Error 14, please have a look at the following Yahoo Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3543&SLN25475&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

If you continue to experience this issue please contact our email support team so that we can look into this further for you. Here’s the link to use:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

• Import contacts to yahoo mail from FACEBOOK or GMAIL (or other) is not working in the last few weeks.

mport your contacts to yahoo mail from FACEBOOK or GMAIL (or other) is not working in the last few weeks.

When trying to do this, yahoo asks the user to login again - and once this is done, yahoo asks to login again, and again ...
          See screenshot of error: http://imgur.com/a/ssCOM

Steps to Reproduce:

Go to your yahoo mail
          Press contacts.
          Select facebook or gmail and press import
          approve the facebook/gmail permissions
          ISSUE => instead importing the contacts, yahoo asks fo login again. and even if you try to login, it keeps to ask you to login.
          Please note:
          This…

16th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • I hate it that when i delete it OPENS the next, have changed this in settings, no luck

Why when i delete a message does it always OPEN the next message even though I've this in Settings?

Also, can you add a longer duration choice for when something turns from Unread to Read, i can't read anything in 5 seconds and neither can the fastest readers I know (reads Harry Potter books in a week? really, once even while reading other stuff. And this is limited to them strictly before sleeping reading while in bed!
            Sometimes I'd like to leave something unrread so I know to come back to it without having to go…

24th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • What is going on with Yahoo Mail? Tons of glitches...

1) I'm often getting a blank colored screen instead of my inbox. I'm having to restart/refresh the page or Yahoo Mail altogether to get it to work.
              2) Operating very slow to open and pull up my emails.
              3) BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - since whatever "update" has recently occurred, along with the above problems/glitches, I now no longer can have access to previous email addresses that I send to regularly (or have sent to at any time in the past) by simply typing in the first few letters of the email address in the "TO" field. Now when I type in…

24th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some trouble recently with some of the features in Yahoo Mail. The auto-suggest feature should still be working. The issue that you are describing may be a browser related issue. Please try the troubleshooting steps referenced in the following help article to see if that helps:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. Below is the link to reach that team. Please choose ‘Contacts’ and ‘Manage contact lists’ as the categories when filling out the help form.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• cant type...

just keeps bouncing my cursor out of the box every time I type a letter. been using yahoo for over 20 yrs but i think I've about had enough.

40th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having this trouble. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Basic Browser Troubleshooting

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• Old deleted emails keep reappearing in bulk!

This is driving me nuts - every five minutes or so, I'll suddenly receive a batch of emails, usually around 10 or so, that have been deleted months ago. They always reappear with a new "time received" even though they were received (and deleted) months ago. It's enough to make me want to swap back to hotmail or gmail ...

This happens on my laptop and on my tablet. Not so much on my phone now, but it has done on my phone before as well.

49th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Work With Apple Mail

Sent email using the Apple "Mail" app doesn't sync with Yahoo. I read on their messageboard that it is Yahoo's fault, I don't know if that is true or not, I just want it to work.

49th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Cant send mail

I am unable to send mail from my account getting error 475 have changed my password done everything in yahoo help center, pls help

64th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 64th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Fix the temporary error:2

I keep getting this error, since this morning. We use yahoo mail for our business and not being able to check mail is affecting many things.

64th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Import contacts via facebook stopped working as for yesterday.

Import contacts via facebook stopped working as for yesterday 2016-03-12.

I even opened a new yahoo account, and tried this from friends - nothing worked. Something is broken on yahoo/facebook side.

64th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Actually have a place where people can contact support instead of making it a giant frustrating loop.

I just tried to get access to my account and the email that came up to verify was wrong. I went to the help site got all the way through the process and it said contact us. When you click that link it takes you back to the beginning!! There was no actual way I could see to contact them directly.

64th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Unreliable at Autofilling Email Addresses

The address bar does not always autofill email addresses as I enter them. 1/5 times I have to enter the entire address myself. (Yes I am talking about email addresses that have been saved in my address book, and have used hundreds of times before.) This is time wasting and unacceptable. Get your act together Yahoo, or I'm leaving you.

64th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • 64th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Lost All Email

You forced an update that I didn't want, and now because of it I have lost all my emails. I don't check yahoo regularly, as I actually really dislike your service, and now it's past the 7 days where you can do anything. If you didn't force update my inbox, I would still have all the emails I was saving! Thanks for nothing. You've now cost me a lot of account information. Congratulations, Yahoo!

Here is a brilliant suggestion- check, check and double check your codes before forcing them on people so that we don't lose our stuff. If you…

64th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Disable smart view

Some of my mail is transferred automatically into unread view folder. There is marked as located in inbox or unwanted. None of these addresses were banned by me. On my cell phone for whatever reason I even do not see this so-called "smart" unread folder. So, I am not aware about all of my new mail. Is there any way to fix this issue? Or can yahoo introduce the smooth way for people to transfer their accounts to other mail services?

64th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Composed a new email and it forwarded email from another user!!!

I have used Yahoo mail for years and have never had this issue. I used a mobile device to create a new email to a friend... somehow it grabbed another line of emails from somebody else and attached them to the new message. I didn't discover this until I went into sent. I'm not sure I can trust your email hygiene going forward :(

Really... this is terrible service.

64th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Search bar not working

I have searched for one of my contacts whith whom I have mails back and forth for more than two years.
                                          The search result is "No Resuklts Found" (!!!)
                                          If I scroll down mi inbox or sent I see there they are, many of them.
                                          Obviously there is something not working here.
                                          I hope you can fix this

64th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 276 277
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base