Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CSS parser should not break responsive emails when rendering them in the inbox.

http://freshinbox.com/articles/yahoo-sanitizer-bug.html

Email designers are having to code email differently just for Yahoo! Mail. The reason is Yahoo! Mail's HTML sanitizer currently alters CSS in such a way that breaks mobile responsive email. The link above describes why that is happening. Many email designers and developers would welcome this fix.

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Right Alt + z key sequence handled erroneously as "Undo" function in YMRTEYUI_54_1167.js JavaScript code in the Advanced web mail interface

The following code in YMRTEYUI_54_1167.js:
      if (T.keyCode === 90 && (T.ctrlKey || T.metaKey))

which is part of the rich/Advanced e-mail composer interface wrongly interprets Right Alt + z key click on Windows 7 x64 with Polish keyboard as "undo" text editor function, while it should produce the following Polish language character: ż

Refer to https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141123191658AAzDKgV

11th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        33 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make it work!!!

Yaahoo email funtionality is terrible!! Constant problems. Just got an error 14. I'm really losing my patience.

28th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’re encountering this error message in Yahoo Mail. For more on Temporary Access Error 14 including some troubleshooting steps that you can take, please have a look at the following Yahoo Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3543&SLN25475&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• Please Please Please let me disable the "often included" feature

The "often included" tab is a recipe for disaster. This new feature seems to have popped up today and I can't disable it. Some emails that I send are confidential and may be legally privileged. I don't want to accidentally include an unintended recipient merely because I have sometimes included that recipient on another message.

A few annoyances have crept into your product over the last year or so, including the mandatory integration with Dropbox and Facebook, but this "often included" feature is a dealbreaker and will drive me to another email service if I can't disable it. Please advise.

34th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • For the last week i have been getting this error message everytine I send an email:We hit a technical glitch

We hit a technical glitch

Please try reloading the page in a few minutes.

 I still cannot access my mail

When are you going to address this. I see many others getting it

34th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              5 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Why the name of the attached file is changing after i send a mail? It is shown as u03B1u03 etc... I am attaching files with greek characters

Why the name of the attached file is changing after i send a mail? It is shown as u03B1u03 etc at the sent mails... This is confirmed by the receiver too! I don't know if it matters, but I am attaching files with greek characters and use as primary the english language. Please help me fix the problem. Any solution?

34th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Outbox

Outbox shows messages to be stuck. When opening Outbox, no messages. How do you clear this? Just take this folder away, please!

38th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Please fix email search. When I search, the most recent match is always omitted from the results and is usually the match I am looking for.

Please fix email search. When I search, the most recent match is always omitted from the results. This is bad, because usually I am searching for the most recent email from a certain person or on a certain topic. Can you fix this? Is it possible it is something I'm doing? I don't think it is.

50th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Why have some of my filters stopped functioning??

Why have some of my filters stopped functioning?? Please fix this asap, I have been missing important messages because they got lost in my Inbox!
                    Also REALLY miss my email text alerts... Not everyone has or wants a smartphone!

56th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Attachments show up with random characters that is unreadable

When I view attachments without downloading them all the text is random characters and is unreadable. This happens no matter which browser I use.

56th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • fix your errors

for the last couple months yahoo mail is horrible, it doesn't load and it showing my error code 14 ... it's time to move one, to gmail or hotmail, or whatever mail, because yahoo mail is worthless...

65th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Paperless Post is messing up my replies. I cannot see what I'm typing in a reply, because when I touch the keyboard the screen jumps down.

Please, fix the Paperless Post formatting so that the screen doesn't jump down to the Paperless Post ads when I am trying to type a reply.

65th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • My mail won't show up. I can see the new mail notification on the tab but it didn't appear in my inbox until I refresh the tab. What's wrong

My mail won't show up. I can see the new mail notification on the tab but it didn't appear in my inbox until I refresh the tab. What's wrong

74th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m really sorry that you’re experiencing this interruption. You may have experienced a temporary issue caused by our system, your browser, or a network-related issue between your Internet service provider (ISP) and our servers.

If this problem persists, I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Basic Browser Troubleshooting” for more steps you can take to resolve this. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3223&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

You can also reach further email support from our Customer Care team using the following form:

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL&page=contact

• 88th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Autosave happening too often and freezing screen so I can't continue typing

This used to work much more sanely and efficiently, now it autosaves every 2-3 mins. and freezes the screen so I can't continue typing. If I'm typing a long note, it is incredibly inefficient and frustrating. Autosave should happen less often, don't freeze the screen while saving and give us a save button so we can decide when to save.

88th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • hai, yahoo.. please restore the security question to sign in, i can't choose to "using secret question" it just provide "use text and call"

Hai, Yahoo..! Please restore the security question to sign in, i can't choose to "using secret question" it just providing "use text and call verification".
                                  Sometimes I forget to bring my cell phone, and I was frustrated because i could not get into my email with the public facilities.
                                  ( Please, help!. Thanks you :D )

110th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • I have recently gotten married and changed my profile name but my outgoing last name still remains my maiden name please help!!!

HELP ME CHANGE MY OUTGOING MAIL NAME TO MY MARRIED NAME BEFORE I GO NUTS!!! this shouldnt be such a hard task. you make this so impossible its rediculious! im so angry ive spent so much time researching how to do this im going out of my mind.. MY PROFILE NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED BUT THE OUTGOING NAME IS A HUGE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

110th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • It would be fantastic if my mail actually went into my inbox instead of the trash folder!!!!!!

I have deleted all filters to ensure that it is not being placed there due to a filter. 99% of my mail goes straight to my trash folder! This is ridiculous. I have had this email for over 8 years now, and this is just now happening, and has been for about a week now. PLEASE FIX THIS!!! IT IS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!!!

130th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • 130th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Hacked email

Someone hacked my email address and add their email address as primary.
                                          I go to my account and add my new gmail account then set as primary. Click on SAVE and the system does nothing.
                                          Can not remove that hacked email that had been set as primary.
                                          Call Yahoo and wait for 2 hours without connection.
                                          Go to help.yahoo.com/identity and create a Customer Care form, after finish, it sends to the hacked primary email address.

What can I do to remove that hacked primary email address???

130th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 272 273
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base