Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RIPPED OFF by Yahoo premium services. I have had a paid email account for 16 plus years. It has been on auto pay for every January but

Suddenly today I have ads in my inbox of my paid email account. I have had a paid email account for 16 years which auto paid every January. After spending almost an hour on chat with customer service I still got no satisfactory answer or resolution except to be told to pay again. Why would I pay a second time for the same year????
    Heck I cannot even sign into my premium account to make sure my credit card is current. Furtthermore there was NO notice or warning. Nothing! Just one minute I was premium and the next I was…

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      37 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Create a button/link to directly "Reactivate an Email accout" without contacting "Customer Care"

Please create a button or link to directly "Reactivate an Email account" without entering into "Customer Care" pages.

Every time I tried to to access my e-mail Inbox (after successfully log in into Yahoo), I see the error message "Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care.", and the URL shows "URL reason=REACTIVATION_ERROR".

I'm being trying for weeks to reactivate my account using "Customer Care" pages, I even created an incident, but I haven't receive any e-mail in the alternative Email address filled in the Incident form, or a phone call. (the apge after create the incidents says that it…

22nd ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • ALL MY EMAILS ARE GONE !!!

Please help, all my emais dissapered ... i haven`t delete anything, they just dissapered today ... nothing in sent, inbox, thrash, spam .. NOTHING! What is happening, I had a lot of important mails in my inbox and now they are gone ... :((

29th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          17 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Fix Auto Suggest

Since you won't let users opt out of your auto suggest feature, then FIX it! it currently does not suggest contacts from my contacts list, but instead suggests obsolete e-mail addresses from very dated e-mails and unrecognized e-mail addresses. This bug creates a very serious risk of mis-sends.

33rd ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • No internet connection

Keeps showing 'no internet connection' yet I have other tabs open and no problem 'connecting' to 50 other websites. Repeatedly happening at any time , at any day , it all the time yet I have had no problem with any other site. Just be yahoo's error

38th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • delete

I can't delete a msg using the trash can icon when the body of the msg is shown . Instead ,I have to close the msg and delete from the inbox list. What is the point of having a trash icon on the msg body if it doesn't work?

45th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Personal and business email

Why does my business email, when replying, attach my personal email? They are COMPLETELY different and very frustrating when I don't want business people emailing my private email! This needs to be fixed QUICK. Also, why is there no PHONE NUMBER we can call to actually talk to somebody? I've been using yahoo for over 5 years and never had this issue until now. This needs to be fixed! It'd be nice to actually talk to somebody.

56th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • I CAN'T CHANGE MY GENDER

When I click edit profile details I get this message profile.yahoo.com is no longer active ok but I wanna change My Gender. My son did this by accident and I need this Email for work .so please Help

85th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • compose button does not function !

compose button doesn't function properly : I click it and nothing happens . It seems to be for one week already , what should/can I do?

96th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • The save and delete functions are not working properly within e-mail

When you save or delete e-mails now the functions aren't working as they should after you compile a search list:

1. Deleting - messages should stay deleted but they reappear in the search list within seconds of deleting them.
                      2. Saving - messages should automatically be moved to the area you want them saved in (i.e., a folder the user created); however, they still remain in the inbox instead of being moved to the folder.

Yahoo Mail used to perform these functions without much of an issue occurring; now neither one of the functions are working properly.
                      I don't want…

107th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • DELETE keeps not working!!!!!

I take my time, I get a LOT of junk that I want to delete, I check maybe 30 messages at a time. Half of those times I go to hit the delete button only to find it either "greyed out" (so I can't click on it) or unresponsive....I click, nothing happens. Tried to instead use the "move" feature and move all the checked mails to the trash folder. No luck, let's me click but with no response. I reload the page, all my check marks are gone. I start over, first batch of 10 (starting slower this time) works....or…

107th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Turkish character encoding problem still exists it's been months

Turkish character encoding problem still exists in emails at web view. it's been months and this unicode stuff hard to solve for even yahoo? Changing encoding from browser does not help. I am thinking about changing my email provider although it's been years with yahoo.

126th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • auto-suggest

Auto-Suggest works on and off for my e-mail account. My browser (Firefox 44.0.2) is Java-enabled and updating Java did fix the auto-suggest problem once, but now I'm up to date with Java, so there is no new version to go to. Can you please take a look at this?

In spite of what some other users have said in this forum, I LOVE auto-suggest. I do e-mail correspondence for a couple of local service organizations with hundreds of members. There is no reasonable way I could keep track of all those names and e-mail addresses! Auto-suggest is a huge, huge…

126th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Fix the freezing that happens when typing in Yahoo Mail. I am sick of it.

I don't know what you are doing to mess things up but it is horrible now. I can't even compose or reply to an e-mail without it constantly freezing. In my mind if we can't compose or reply to an e-mail then why do you exist. Please undo all these horrible changes. And the "no ads fee of $50" is something you will never get from me. I will leave Yahoo first. I can't help but wonder if the ads are causing the freezing in hopes we will pay the money.....not going to happen with me. I will leave Yahoo…

126th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Font size

Why is my font size going smaller...........cannot access mail options to change. I hate yahoo and am going to change to GMail

126th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • download

In the last couple weeks, something changed, which has caused downloads to fail more often than not. It says "An error occurred while downloading." If I forward this e-mail to my gmail account, I can download the files, so it seems nothing is wrong with the e-mail itself. The error occurs somewhere in the process of actually downloading the file. At first, I thought it was an issue with the file names. The files that failed often had unusual characters in the file names, but I recently tried and failed to download a file whose name was composed entirely of…

126th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Moving Emails to Folders

When I move emails to folders, please make them stay there. I am tired of having to move my emails 5 to 6 times before they stay there.

160th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Problems with Drafts within conversations

I did not have this problem until the new yahoo mail update came in last week. Every time I look back to reply to a conversation via e-mail, it will have my response int 2/3 incomplete draft forms within it and not my actual response until the very end! I have to trash each one of those "drafts" that shouldn't even be drafts to begin with. it's frustrating, annoying, and confusing. Anyone else having this issue?

160th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • I cannot make my business email address as default sender in new account

I just created a new yahoo account and did verify my business address completed. I tried to choose my business address as default sender address then press save button but it didn't work. The default send also still is yahoo.com.

I guess it is a bug.please fix.

160th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Get rid of the ads on the right hand side....

They delay access to email because they take so long to load.

160th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 305 306
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base