Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. disposable email issue

The disposable email address domain (yahoo.com) is different than my account email domain (yahoo.com.br). Before, they were the same, but after some upgrade to the webmail it changed. Now I can create disposable email (some time before there was an error message) but even informing both domains I never receive a message. This makes the new disposable email useless. Still receive messages for the old ones.

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More consistent sync between desktop mail and app mail

Desktop and app mails need to be more consistently in sync. Every so often, like this week, after I cleared my mails and junks in the app, I have to do exactly the same thing when I logged into desktop mail channel because all the deleted mails and spams were still there.

And the spam filter needs to be more consistent too. Some weeks I got very few spams. Some weeks, like recent few weeks, I got so much spam mails that I wonder if someone at Yahoo just quit, leaving the spam filter unmanned.

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login

Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login each time?? Its such a PAIN. I DO NOT want to add, switch, remove my accounts. Do not try to control what we want. STOP it. Remove that Stu** feature. NOT NEEDED. Or at least give an option to OPT OUT of this feature.

58th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sir nearly a week now i am unable to go through yahoo mail it is just **** slow hardly 20 mails are visible and nothing previous mails

IT is a feed back i am unable to see my mails from past 7 days it shows only 20 mails and the pace is just bonkers is there any issues with ymail it is just **** slow

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I AM GETTING SOMEONE ELSES EMAIL HOW DO I STOP IT

I AM GETTING SOMEONE ELSES EMAIL HOW DO I STOP IT

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. URGENT - Fix inability to create new alias address

I can't create new alias email adress since days. Unknown error is the message I got. Same problem with Chrome and Edge, even after the cleanup you suggest to do in your so called help pages. You don't even allow users to write a request for help, so I had to post this request here. Please note that the alias address is the only one standout feature yahoo offers over gmail. Please keep it working.

293rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. unable to create a new disposable addresses in mail

get error message "Sorry, an unknown error has occured. Please try again, if the issue persists, please contact customer care."

147th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why do I get "554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons." when emailing Google Maps directions to myself?!

The other part of the error message is "See https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN7253.html "; that help page is for bulk mailers whose emails get rejected from Yahoo addresses. It is not helpful to me at all, for I am not a bulk mailer. All I want to do is email *one set of road directions* to myself from the Google Maps website. Why is it Yahoo "policy" to block an email that I want to receive so much I'm sending it to myself?!

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recent bug in subfolder naming

Yahoo mail no longer allows subfolders of the same name accross parent folders (this used to work fine). e.g.

FolderOne
    aaasubfolder

FolderTwo
    aaasubfolder

When creating "aaasubfolder" under FolderTwo, an error pops up saying the subfolder name already exists. A different name must be used, for example "aaasubfolder2"

Subfolders under different parent folders should be allowed to have the same name.

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Your "New Mail" is so bad that if i weren't already a Yahoo account-holder, i'd have nothing to do with you.

Mail finds a message i'm searching for - AND WON'T SHOW IT TO ME!! Nor is there any help available. What a time-wasting crock!

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. new email version not working well (no print option on my platform); old email delete message function now not working well.

A few weeks ago, I started having problems in old email version deleting messages. I used to be able to select a collection of messages and delete all with the delete button in the top menu bar. Now I can't do that regularly. So, I moved to new email. That version doesn't have a print option anymore on the ...more drop down menu. Yikes. What's going on? I've gone back to old email, but it's quite distressing having the old one starting to malfunction and having serious flaws in the new option. I don't want to change email providers, but…

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please attend to this.

1. E-mails does not print.
    2. Attachments does not open - have to send to gmail to open from there.
    3. When backspacing text to correct, the whole site freezes, refresh, start from a blank page tab and eventually when it is back I have to go to Drafts and I have to start from the previous saved point - WTH????
    4. Can not access the settings menu - just hanging all the time.
    5. NO PLACE TO ACTUALLY SEND A MAIL TO YAHOO AND NOT SOME SORT OF PREDETERMINED OR PRESCRIBED LIST - we want to be able to…

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm having problems with the new mail

1- most of the time I can not attach large files exceeding 1 MB. i keep getting errors in uploading. I have tried more than a computer with more than an internet provider
    2- In the old email, When I start composing an email and write a letter or two from the contact I want, I get the contacts list. now most of the time I dont get it.
    3- when sending an email to more than a person, in the previous email look it suggests the people to add automatically. now this is not happening

116th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Printing functionality -- Giant X and printer icon at top of printouts

When trying to print an email using the printer icon at the top of the message, a giant "X" and a huge printer icon appear at the top of the print window, with the message below it. The X and the printer icon each print out on one page. A simple email uses three pages of paper to print.

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FIX SMTP SERVER

Hey, why not fix my password access to the SMTP server so it accepts me rather than rejecting me every day or two!!! I've been a PAYING email customer for over 10 years!!!! I use Outlook 10.... FIX IT PLEASE>>>

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Errores, todos. Los usuarios normales no somos informáticos pero sí sabemos que la versión beta es nula.

Redefinan su configuración. Tenéis cientos de comentarios negativos.

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have had my account since 1994 and found out that a 13 year old girl has the same account as me which is odd as I had the account before s

I have had my account since 1994 and found out that a 13 year old girl has the same account as me which is odd as I had the account before she was born. How can
    I get this fixed? Semper Fi, JD

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ********* Yahoo...

I'm sick and tired of your password restrictions!!! ONCE (note this.. ONE TIME) I couldn't remember the password and you made me change it to something else, NOT the password I could remember and each time it's the same story: I can't recall the last password and when I try to change it back to the one I know, you won't let me. MORONS !!!! Let me use an effing password ICAN remember IDIOTS !!!

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No new disposable Emails

No new disposable Emails creatable

I am using the German Yahoo (.de)

Starting some months ago in the old Yahoh interface new disposable mail adresses were created using .com instead of the normal.de endings, but couldn't be used.
    Now in the new interface it says .de would be used again, but they do not show up in the list of adresses and do not work either.

Please fix this soon!

293rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's a little obvious when the Redirect is called "Upsell"

https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?reason=IMAP_UPSELL_PAGE_EMAIL

Hey Folks,

If I have used a Gmail account that I dont want to import into Yahoo, don't strongarm me with a forced redirect that literally contains the word "Upsell". You also leave me NO option to just use the Yahoo mail without integrating my Gmail into Yahoo.

Thanks, but no thanks.

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base