Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If I typo an email address, please allow me to correct it with the cursor, instead of making me re-type the entire thing!

I used to be able to move the cursor to correct a typo in the "To" line, but now as soon as I'm done typing, it automatically highlights the address and does not allow changes. I have to delete the addressees name and start over. Why is this??

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Temporary Error 14

I have been unable to access my email for 2 months now because of Temporary Error 14. Clearing the cache and cookies as suggested online does not help. Please help resolve this issue.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. This is most likely a temporary issue that should resolve itself. Going through some basic browser troubleshooting steps may help as well. For more on Temporary Access Error 14, please have a look at the following Yahoo Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3543&SLN25475&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

If you continue to experience this issue please contact our email support team so that we can look into this further for you. Here’s the link to use:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

3. What is going on with Yahoo Mail? Tons of glitches...

1) I'm often getting a blank colored screen instead of my inbox. I'm having to restart/refresh the page or Yahoo Mail altogether to get it to work.
    2) Operating very slow to open and pull up my emails.
    3) BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - since whatever "update" has recently occurred, along with the above problems/glitches, I now no longer can have access to previous email addresses that I send to regularly (or have sent to at any time in the past) by simply typing in the first few letters of the email address in the "TO" field. Now when I type in…

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some trouble recently with some of the features in Yahoo Mail. The auto-suggest feature should still be working. The issue that you are describing may be a browser related issue. Please try the troubleshooting steps referenced in the following help article to see if that helps:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. Below is the link to reach that team. Please choose ‘Contacts’ and ‘Manage contact lists’ as the categories when filling out the help form.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

4. 60th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When I log in Yahoo mail, the web page longs me in, however then it reads Temporary error 19? What does that mean

Temporary Error 19 shows, every time I log into my email account. Why is this happening? And how do I fix this?

60th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. by returning the original way of forwarding, right nowI can't click on TO, the contact list that appears is too small and does not give me a

fix the forward contact list, the new one does not work! Also once I go to contacts or any other option in mail I am unable to bring up my in box, it is like it freezes. My suggstion get better programers!

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make your email system Work. I am unable to view my email AFTER I LOG IN!

I can change my password, but viewing my email is impossible. I am always presented with:

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 2

Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Old deleted emails keep reappearing in bulk!

This is driving me nuts - every five minutes or so, I'll suddenly receive a batch of emails, usually around 10 or so, that have been deleted months ago. They always reappear with a new "time received" even though they were received (and deleted) months ago. It's enough to make me want to swap back to hotmail or gmail ...

This happens on my laptop and on my tablet. Not so much on my phone now, but it has done on my phone before as well.

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login

Yahoo STOP asking me to Manage accounts when I login each time?? Its such a PAIN. I DO NOT want to add, switch, remove my accounts. Do not try to control what we want. STOP it. Remove that Stu** feature. NOT NEEDED. Or at least give an option to OPT OUT of this feature.

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 98th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A better help list for simple corrections

Connect a list of simple corrections to the settings list.

98th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ERROR: Can't access my Email Folders!

I can't access my email FOLDERS all day. Everytime I try to access one, this alert message appears in the folder "There appears to be a problem loading the message list."

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I always have 1 new email showing even after I have deleted ALL my emails.

Even after I have deleted ALL my emails in my inbox, it shows that there is 1 new email. I have restarted, rebooted, nothing gets rid of the numeral 1 next to my email. This all started right after you changed and put the archive button where the delete button used to be.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The search function on my inbox is not reliable. When I search for messages that are clearly there, it does not always find them.

Fix the email search function, which is not working reliably for my account. It does not always find messages that I can see in my inbox list.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I cannot access Folders

I try to access Drafts and some folders and it keep showing me : "There appears to be a problem loading the message list. Retry".
    Except it is the same for some time now. And whenever i try the "Mail Quick Fix Tool" they mail me there is no problem. so what should i do? To recover my emails for last 7 days will surely not help me

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. please return my original homepage when i use explorer.

when i use explorer, my homepage is the new format. i would like to have my homepage back on the original format. also, there is still some kind of clich with pictures on the articles headlines, and yahoo games when i use firefox. please address and correct these issues as soon as possible.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please sort disposable addresses wherever they appear in Yahoo Mail Plus.

Yahoo Mail Plus previously sorted disposable addresses, for example, in the Settings Dialog (Security section). Another example; disposable addresses should be sorted in the From address pull-down menu.

If one has many disposable addresses (as I do), it's extremely difficult to find a particular address whether one wishes to edit the address settings or to select a From address when composing a new email.

thanks.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Temporary Error: 19

Having no access to my mail is very frustrating and is destroying my productivity these past 2 days. Before this error code happened I had limited access to my mail as it was. If I scrolled down to look at older mail my inbox would disappear and I would have to refresh the tab entirely to get my messages back. I could only read a couple at a time and then have to refresh. But now with no access I cannot communicate with contacts or confirm the e-mail for new sites. I can't get to vital information being forwarded to…

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Spam Email

Your spam blocker has decided that I can't send out photos EVER. They aren't inappropriate photos. It's my kids and my dogs. And I'm sending the photos to my mom! Since when is that spam?

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base