Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If I typo an email address, please allow me to correct it with the cursor, instead of making me re-type the entire thing!

I used to be able to move the cursor to correct a typo in the "To" line, but now as soon as I'm done typing, it automatically highlights the address and does not allow changes. I have to delete the addressees name and start over. Why is this??

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Temporary Error 14

I have been unable to access my email for 2 months now because of Temporary Error 14. Clearing the cache and cookies as suggested online does not help. Please help resolve this issue.

26th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this issue. This is most likely a temporary issue that should resolve itself. Going through some basic browser troubleshooting steps may help as well. For more on Temporary Access Error 14, please have a look at the following Yahoo Help article:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3543&SLN25475&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT

If you continue to experience this issue please contact our email support team so that we can look into this further for you. Here’s the link to use:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

• What is going on with Yahoo Mail? Tons of glitches...

1) I'm often getting a blank colored screen instead of my inbox. I'm having to restart/refresh the page or Yahoo Mail altogether to get it to work.
        2) Operating very slow to open and pull up my emails.
        3) BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - since whatever "update" has recently occurred, along with the above problems/glitches, I now no longer can have access to previous email addresses that I send to regularly (or have sent to at any time in the past) by simply typing in the first few letters of the email address in the "TO" field. Now when I type in…

30th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some trouble recently with some of the features in Yahoo Mail. The auto-suggest feature should still be working. The issue that you are describing may be a browser related issue. Please try the troubleshooting steps referenced in the following help article to see if that helps:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. Below is the link to reach that team. Please choose ‘Contacts’ and ‘Manage contact lists’ as the categories when filling out the help form.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

• Old deleted emails keep reappearing in bulk!

This is driving me nuts - every five minutes or so, I'll suddenly receive a batch of emails, usually around 10 or so, that have been deleted months ago. They always reappear with a new "time received" even though they were received (and deleted) months ago. It's enough to make me want to swap back to hotmail or gmail ...

This happens on my laptop and on my tablet. Not so much on my phone now, but it has done on my phone before as well.

42nd ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • cant type...

just keeps bouncing my cursor out of the box every time I type a letter. been using yahoo for over 20 yrs but i think I've about had enough.

42nd ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having this trouble. Following the steps in this Yahoo! Help article will allow you to resolve the majority of issues you may encounter:

Basic Browser Troubleshooting

Because this forum is intended to gather feedback/suggestions for Yahoo! Mail, if you continue experiencing this problem, please contact Customer Care by going to:

Contact Customer Care

Thank you for using Yahoo Mail!

• 48th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • A better help list for simple corrections

Connect a list of simple corrections to the settings list.

48th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Sent email migrating to Spam

For some unknown reason I have discovered that emails I send are disappearing. Recently I found in searching a message that said my important email I sent had been moved to Spam and deleted. Why? I use Yahoo sometimes for professional interactions that I want to maintain a record, which is impossible if emails are disappearing within seconds of me sending them. Also, I just discovered that Spam is automatically deleted and I can only choose a week, two, or a month. I would like to suggest that this be fixed so that it may be changed to never or…

54th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • searching emails does not work anymore consistently!!!!!!!!!

Searching emails does not work anymore... plain and simple... and I am not sure where I can even report this

90th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing some trouble with the search feature in Yahoo Mail. I have performed some maintenance on your account that should resolve this issue.

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via the help form at the following link:

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

• Downloading attachments from mails on google chrome takes way too long, there is no response for like 5 mins

Downloading attachments from emails on google chrome takes way too long, there is no response 90% of the time and it's frustrating. It used to be better. I keep clicking the download button, I even went into view then clicked download but no luck. Sometimes I can download with one click, other times i can't even download it at the end. Fix as soon as possible please.

90th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • yahoo email search is not working

Search is not at all working..
                        That's bad..
                        Not expected to happen with Yahoo mail, that broken experience

Thought its not working for a day or two... but now after so many times I figured out Search is not at all working... The Text box is just there doing nothing... neither the refine (advance search) option.....

Very embarrassing...

Why it has not been fixed ??

90th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having some trouble with the search feature in Yahoo Mail. I have performed some maintenance on your account that should resolve this for you.

Please allow 24 hours for this maintenance to take effect. Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via this help form:

• Make your email system Work. I am unable to view my email AFTER I LOG IN!

I can change my password, but viewing my email is impossible. I am always presented with:

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 2

Visit Help for troubleshooting instructions

90th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • unable to get any support on mail accounts.

Mail forwarding will not disable and I have been unable to receive and mail into my account.

90th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This has been escalated to our engineering team for review and they are working to get this resolved as quickly as they can. We appreciate your patience as they do so.

• (Bug) Birthday Reminders Not Being Sent

Dear Yahoo Mail,

Birthday reminders are not being sent to my Yahoo Mail account despite settings being correct and having them scheduled several days out allowing ample time for delivery. I have not had any problems with other Yahoo Calendar Appointment Reminders sent to email.

I have had this account for about fifteen years and this problem seems to resurface about once to twice a year.

Jack

90th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues with calendar reminders. This has been escalated to our engineering team and they are working to resolve this. I apologize for the inconvenience. As a temporary workaround, you may be able to reset the reminder for individual events by recreating that event or by editing the details within the event.

• Why don't your filters work??? I have added filters to delete the spam coming in and it's still coming.

allow filters to work on any message coming into a mailbox including the spam mailbox.

90th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Fix my email

My emails don't come up. The page comes up but the emails do not. Fix please

90th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m really sorry that you’re experiencing this interruption. You may have experienced a temporary issue caused by our system, your browser, or a network-related issue between your Internet service provider (ISP) and our servers.

If this problem persists, I recommend reading the following Yahoo! Mail Help article “Fix problems with Yahoo not working properly” for more steps you can take to resolve this. You can find the link to it below.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN2891&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

You can also reach further email support from our Customer Care team using the following form:

http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL&page=contact

• Sometimes when checking messages to bulk delete/move/archive, all buttons at top gray out.

Im pretty sure its a glitch, but it has happened to me on multiple devices and from multiple accounts. About 1 in every 5 uses on Yahoo Mail, when I am going through a list of emails, clicking the checkbox next to emails I want to delete, the buttons at the top randomly gray out, where I can not make a 'bulk' action to them. So if I have 10 in my inbox and I check 5 that I want to delete, often times, when I get done selecting the emails I want to move, the "delete" button at the…

90th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • 90th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for letting us know that you’ve been experiencing these issues while using Yahoo Mail. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this trouble. Temporarily disabling the Conversations feature may help. Please take a look at the following help article for instructions:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15805.html

Please also try closing your Yahoo Mail browser window and reopening before composing a new message.

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via the help form at the following link:

• When I click on the smart view/starred it's showing old emails that used to be starred and are no longer AND it's not showing newer starred.

I 'star' the emails I need to re-visit later, but pulling up those starred emails are now problematic.. Under smart view/starred, it shows old emails that used to be starred (they show up as starred in the folder list, but then when you click on the actual email, the star is gone), AND newer emails that have been starred are NOT showing up..

90th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • 90th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 116 117
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base