Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spam filtering influencing what political emails I receive. Yahoo! You're NOT MY MOM!

The inability to influence in a REAL way the filtering of spam is interfering with my right to free speech by limiting what political emails I can see easily.

I WANT TO CONTROL MY OWN SPAM filters AND NOT ANYONE ELSES!

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some of my email is being blocked that is not spam

Some of my emails are being blocked that are not spam and are not in my blocked list.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. concern

Got an email from YAHOO mail! Stating that as of yesterday my account will be closed if I don’t upgrade to yahoo 8.1 IS THIS LEGIT?

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please have ability to send emails from an entire domain to spam in e-mail options itself.Something like "Mark domain as spam".

It seems like marking emails as spam doesn't do anything. Ideally if a user marks an email as spam then all emails from that mail ID should go to junk (or atleast user should have an option to do so). Similarly you can do so with a domain as well. User should be able to specify what all domains should go to junk

991st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix it so Spam can be blocked.

The old version had a Block that could be clicked on to block the spam email. It cut the number of spam emails I got by 50+%. Now my spam emails have increased 50+%!

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. stop hiding advertisements in our email.

Stop hiding ads in our email that are made to look just like an email. I click on the box next to the email to delete it and an ad starts playing. Nothing like deception. I don't like the new email just for that reason.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. may have to switch to another email

may have to switch to another email to keep this new **** email away

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please get rid of the spam folder because many good emails end up there and most people don't check this folder.

Please get rid of the spam folder because many good emails end up there and most people don't check this folder.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. STOP CONTINUALLY MARKING WHITEHOUSE.GOV AS SPAM WHEN TOLD YOU 100 TIMES "NOT SPAM" AHOLES!

STOP CONTINUALLY MARKING WHITEHOUSE.GOV AS SPAM WHEN TOLD YOU 100 TIMES "NOT SPAM" AHOLES!
    STOP CONTINUALLY MARKING WHITEHOUSE.GOV AS SPAM WHEN TOLD YOU 100 TIMES "NOT SPAM" AHOLES!
    STOP CONTINUALLY…

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow "wildcard" (*) to be used in blocking annoying spam/scams/phishing, etc.

For instance, Noticing a lot of emails from __@secureheavy.appspot.com
    The name is nothing more than scrambled letters - constantly changing. It would be nice to be able to block everything from these types of generated accounts.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No number indicator when I receive Spam

In the latest Yahoo mail version is there a reason why the indicator is no longer there if I have Spam. There was a number next to Spam when I received Spam in order to know something is there when using Yahoo Mail on Google Chrome.

Now the only way to know if there is Spam is to hover over Spam and it tells you how many or actually click on Spam, so annoying!

639th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am a paying member of Yahoo, and belong to several Yahoo 'clubs'. Why do some of the emails from the Yahoo groups appear in the spam box?

Not some thing new here. For years I have been Yahoo email user, paying Yahoo for the removing ads from my email page.
    I don't understand why some of the messages that are sent from the clubs are filtered as 'spam', when I willingly signed up to receive messages from these clubs.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. STOP ASKING TO BE WHITELISTED- ur a horrible company Verizon

ur constant requests are harassment- stop asking

3898th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow filtering based on display name

Allow filtering based on display name. I get so much spam that has the same display name but they use a different email address each time There is nothing consistent in any part of the email address to filter them on. But the display name is fairly consistent. If I could filter by display name, it would help eliminate a lot of this spam from my inbox. I tried putting it in a filter by sender, but I assume that yahoo only looks at the actual email address for that and not the display name since it wasn't getting filtered…

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reporting Spam from a Yahoo Address to a Non-Yahoo Address

I do not use a Yahoo E-mail account. I am unable to report spam from a Yahoo E-mail account. The WhoIs database entry for Yahoo IP addresses has invalid E-mail addresses for reporting spam. My only recourse is to block all E-mail messages from your IP addresses. Fix this!!

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Kimble group Spam Phishing emails

Kimble Group is Spam dont even try it

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Too many emails I never signed up for

This is crazy. I get all kinds of mail I never subscribed too. I keep deleting them and unsubscribing (which I shouldn’t have to do). It happens all the time. And I’m so tired of it

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why there is so much spam on yahoo?

Hi, why do you allow so much spam on your mail, I stopped using my yahoo mail years ago because of the sheer number of spam emails I was receiving and I see that years after nothing changed. I spent time trying to unscribe and clean my email and it is just in vain, nothing happens, spam keeps coming.

1742nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. “Mark as spam”... it would be GREAT if after you “mark” something as spam, that email address gets marked so it sends future emails to spam.

“Mark as spam”... it would be GREAT if after you “mark” something as spam, that email address gets marked so it sends future emails to spam. I have repeatedly marked email that I continue to receive as spam, and I continue to have to mark it... I have been doing this for weeks upon weeks and NOTHING happens... the “mark as spam” button in my opinion is nothing better than a delete button... I continue to hope it works... but I continue to be disappointed.... PLEASE FIX

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Classify the emails based on the subject or email id whether it is specific to the person or it is an advertisement.

Classify the emails based on the subject or email id whether it is specific to the person or it is an advertisement. Because now a days so many junk and advertisement emails are coming so finding the useful email is difficult.

991st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base