Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when i type username ...always i have to verify my mobile no and then type notification code ..then only i can access my email.

when i type username ...always i have to verify my mobile no and then type notification code ..then only i can access my email. i am sick of this problem, i do not want my account to verify every time i log on to my sign in...please let me know how i can get rid of this ...

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto-delete 'read' email

To reduce the size of our email accounts, it would be nice if emails were automatically deleted 'X' days after being read. Allow us to choose 'X' e.g. 1 day, 7 days, 1 year, Never etc. For those who opt for 'auto-delete' add an override checkbox in case we want to indefinitely keep an email. So, for example, I'd set mine up so that all of my incoming email gets auto-deleted after 7 days unless I 'check a box' to save a particular email indefinitely.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why do we need 2 devices to sign in now?

Why can't I use my password to sign in on my computer, I have to find my iPhone, click on Yahoo Mail and then it opens. I need to have 2 devices around to log in, seems inefficient if you ask me.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. let me communicate with a real person, not some dumb community. I want answers now.

why can't I communicate with a LIVE person instead of a community or help pages neither of which are ANY help at all! You want us to use Yahoo Mail, you get money from it, and yet was get NO service assistance. Not fair!!

525th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mark read/unread bullet in bad position in new Yahoo! Mail

The upgraded Inbox has moved the bullet that allows you to mark an email as read or unread. It used to be beneath the checkbox, now it is next to it. I used this bullet a lot but with the new inbox I find myself accidentally clicking the checkbox far too many times. This never happened with the old inbox.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would very much like to be able to change the frequency with which my trash is emptied as occasionally something gets accidentally deleted

I would very much like to be able to set the frequency that my trash is emptied. 7 days is just too quick. Occasionally something gets deleted inadvertently and it isn't caught in time to retrieve it from the trash. Other programs allow you to keep the trash from emptying for any length of time. Why can't you all do that as well??

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I recently got an email from Yahoo in a Foreign Language - Why?

Why is Yahoo talking to me in a language I don't understand?
    Yahoo Service Announcement <yahoo@service.communications.yahoo.com>
    Estimat usuari de Yahoo Mail:

Hem detectat que no has iniciat la sessió al teu compte Yahoo mail des de fa més de 12 mesos. Si vols continuar rebent correus electrònics en aquest compte, visita mail.yahoo.com i inicia sessió en els 5 dies següents. Si no tornes a iniciar la sessió, aquest compte deixarà de rebre missatges de correu electrònic i el contingut de la bústia, inclosos tots els missatges de correu electrònic, la configuració i les carpetes se suprimirà de forma…

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Log in is too problematic

You guys made logging in super difficult, I almost lost my entire account just because I got a new phone and when I went to look for ways to retrieve there literally was none only reason I got it back was because I had recently logged in at work and it was still there, just bring back the traditional if you have the password you should be able to log in

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Live Chat Supports are NOT HELPFULL!!

I was in a live chat with three agents in one night! Namely Rajat, Ayush and Priyanka, who have been the worst chat support I’ve dealt in my entire life. I was asking assistance for a possible account security problem, and all they have been doing was trying to avoid my issue and transfer me to either an automated FAQ or a different channel!! Here’s the funny thing, the last agent even suggested for me to try to have access to someone’s Facebook account!! How sick is that?? I’m reporting a possible security breach and they’re suggesting me to hack…

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Take away the right hand column of the new mail. I can't see enough of the sender or the preview.

I hate the new mail update, because the ads in my inbox are really aggravating. But I'll put up with ads if you can just get rid of the new right hand column. It just sits there empty and it has made it impossible for me to read enough of each sender's name or of the message preview.

326th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The email threads that you have built up disappear on their own. It is ridiculous.

Email threads with individuals end up disappearing of their own if the other concerned party deletes a portion of the mail. That isn't how mail works. If I want to keep the older messages in the same conversation, I should be able to. I just lost valuable email correspondence with a friend because of the same. There is no point of having a reply if you cannot keep the old. The most glaring glitch by yahoo We should have the ability to keep old conversations saved irrespective of the correspondents decision to delete it. And getting in touch with yahoo…

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. STOP Force Feeding your left wing political views

Almost all of your articles on the home page are ridiculously slanted and it's just getting old. I feel like Yahoo! has a major agenda, and is OBVIOUSLY slanted. At least if it's going to be slanted, do a better job at disguising it. I turned off notifications and set my favorites button to go directly to my mailbox so I can bypass the home page.

I almost never leave reviews, but have been with Yahoo! most of my life, and this is just ridiculous. Thinking of switching my email address.

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make create new folder from Move tab at the header line, instead of having to move cursor to the left column to create one

make create new folder from Move tab at the header line possible, instead of having to cursor to the left column, under the folder section to create one. When one click on the Move, and find no folder by that name, it's easier to be able to create it there, instead of having to go to another section where the new folder is at the left column

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make create new folder from Move tab at the header line, instead of having to move cursor to the left column to create one

make create new folder from Move tab at the header line possible, instead of having to cursor to the left column, under the folder section to create one. When one click on the Move, and find no folder by that name, it's easier to be able to create it there, instead of having to go to another section where the new folder is at the left column

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Pro Leagues for State of Missouri

I contacted support to no avail. I don't know why yahoo hasn't added pro league fantasy sports for Missouri yet. When I asked 2 years ago, they said it would be available in 6 months. 2 years later, it is still a no go. Missouri state law allows paid fantasy sports at a professional level (just not armature at this time). Why can Yahoo not do the paper work like FanDuel, DraftKings, and various other fantasy sport sites?

1003rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Looking at my Yahoo! mail and message cannot be loaded after i deleted my job alerts from a job seeker site.

Looking at my Yahoo! mail and my inbox message cannot be loaded after i deleted my job alerts from a job seeker site. "We couldn't load this message. Retry" appears when clicking on a message.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. After doing a search, you should be able to sort by sender.

After doing a search, you should be able to sort by sender. Right now, you can sort by sender, but as soon as you search for a particular sender in the search bar, it defaults to date, which gives you every email containing that search term.

1765th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base