Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Mail Support™ +1(855)777-1707 Toll Free Helpline

Yahoo Inc.

Address: 701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Phone: (855) 777-1707 (Toll Free Helpline)

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want my previous Yahoo mail please.

I want to go back to the previous version, the one with themes. I don't like the new kiddie version made for tablets. I only use a desktop and the previous version was perfect for my needs. To not offer a way back is lame as ****.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 30th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ad-free mail?

I'm paying for ad-free mail. So why are the damned "Expiring Coupons" in my way? (Seems like a lot of spam lately, too.)

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What's with the ridiculous lag caused by Yahoo Mail?

While Yahoo!'s online mail service has always been somewhat ad/spam/malware intensive, for about the last three weeks it has become almost unusable. It causes all other services on my machine to lag and hang. The only solution is to log out of Yahoo! entirely. This happens regardless of which browser I use.
    Unless this gets fixed, I'll have no choice but to move to an alternate email service. Unfortunate, because I prefer Yahoo!'s layout.

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interface Language

You should add back the option to change languages and content into account settings. Not being able now to change the language is so anoying. For example, even if my ip address is different from the one I've created my account, and my yahoo mail language is one I've selected a few years back, the yahoo content page and the mail app dosen't change the to the current location, as i read in yahoo help. so please put back the option to change the language and also the yahoo content. will be very helpful. thanks

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. change Yahoo email so Pop download again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc

please change Yahoo email back so Pop access again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc. etc. Or put an option in Yahoo so folks can set the way they need.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  103 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give me back my old e-mail system now if you do not- I will get a different site to use for my e-mail

You can keep your new e-mail program, it suggs.I want my old system back, NOW !!!

Thank you.

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disposeable addresses doesn't work anymore !

For all user on yahoo.fr when we try to create a new disposeable addresse, on the previous Webmail these aliases are created with "yahoo.com" instead of the usual "yahoo.fr".

Unfortunately, theses addresses don't work, we can't use them.

With the new webmail, we can see that "yahoo.fr" is back on the form used to create a new disposable addresse, but the Add button don't work, we can't create a new addresse at all.

This feature is extremly important to me, actually I started to use YahooMail because of this feature, so please find a way to fix it, I don't…

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Coupons" feature

Either enable the "X" (close) or only show it if I have received emails that contain coupons. Also this "feature" show be user selected (on/off) from the settings menu or toolbars menu.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. return the old version

Well, return the previous version of yahoo... I'm so sorry I tried the new one, now cannot return to the previous one... This one is horrible!

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your new version of Mail stinks!

There isn't even an option to block and remove SPAM emails in your new version of Mail. I went back to the old version but now it is VERY slow and locks up my computer. I always hated all the SPAM I get, even though it goes into the SPAM folder, I still have to deal with it and delete it. I have had it with YAHOO! I am giving up on Yahoo Mail and going to Hotmail!

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ads should NOT play audio!

My idea is....DON'T AUTOPLAY ADS! Or any video for that matter. If I want to watch a video or a commercial, I'll click on it. And no, I shouldn't have to go to the ad and click on the X every **** time I look at my mail. By that time, the sound has already blasted into the office or wherever I am. This is so rude and believe me, isn't making me want to purchase whatever it is they're selling.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. MISSING EMAIL!....

It is super frustrating to have emails just vanish. I have an entire folder of email that is just gone! Empty...I did not empty it...they were there yesterday when I left work. At first I thought it was just in the app but nope on a PC still not there. These are emails I have saved of communications with my child's school with issues we have been having. I NEED THEM BACK. I have nothing in my inbox past Aug. 26th...I did yesterday when I left work...again just vanished...WTH...GIVE ME MY EMAILS BACK please!!! asap!!!

72nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. STOP the Pop Up Warning for 'Less Secure Sign In'

Please STOP the constant pop up warning (on my desktop webmail) regarding sign in for less secure third party apps. I know I am using a non yahoo mail app on my phone and I will continue to do so, despite your warnings.

The repetitive warning is **** ANNOYING, so please turn it off. I know what my preferences are and I don't need to be asked to change them 6 times a day!!!!

Yahoo's refusal to assist certain other third party apps with the security protocol changes is arrogant. Yahoo will NOT force me to use the Yahoo mail…

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Spam folder doesn't indicate new mail

My Spam folder used to show how many new emails it contained. This was a handy tool to remind me to check that folder for email that was not Spam. Now I don't see it. As a result, the last time I checked, there were messages that were about a month old, and a half dozen of them were not Spam (which is why I check the folder.) Please restore this feature ASAP

59th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 107th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →