Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    84 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want my previous Yahoo mail please.

I want to go back to the previous version, the one with themes. I don't like the new kiddie version made for tablets. I only use a desktop and the previous version was perfect for my needs. To not offer a way back is lame as ****.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Coupons" feature

Either enable the "X" (close) or only show it if I have received emails that contain coupons. Also this "feature" show be user selected (on/off) from the settings menu or toolbars menu.

25th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disposeable addresses doesn't work anymore !

For all user on yahoo.fr when we try to create a new disposeable addresse, on the previous Webmail these aliases are created with "yahoo.com" instead of the usual "yahoo.fr".

Unfortunately, theses addresses don't work, we can't use them.

With the new webmail, we can see that "yahoo.fr" is back on the form used to create a new disposable addresse, but the Add button don't work, we can't create a new addresse at all.

This feature is extremly important to me, actually I started to use YahooMail because of this feature, so please find a way to fix it, I don't…

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What's with the ridiculous lag caused by Yahoo Mail?

While Yahoo!'s online mail service has always been somewhat ad/spam/malware intensive, for about the last three weeks it has become almost unusable. It causes all other services on my machine to lag and hang. The only solution is to log out of Yahoo! entirely. This happens regardless of which browser I use.
    Unless this gets fixed, I'll have no choice but to move to an alternate email service. Unfortunate, because I prefer Yahoo!'s layout.

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your new version of Mail stinks!

There isn't even an option to block and remove SPAM emails in your new version of Mail. I went back to the old version but now it is VERY slow and locks up my computer. I always hated all the SPAM I get, even though it goes into the SPAM folder, I still have to deal with it and delete it. I have had it with YAHOO! I am giving up on Yahoo Mail and going to Hotmail!

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ad-free mail?

I'm paying for ad-free mail. So why are the damned "Expiring Coupons" in my way? (Seems like a lot of spam lately, too.)

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give me back my old e-mail system now if you do not- I will get a different site to use for my e-mail

You can keep your new e-mail program, it suggs.I want my old system back, NOW !!!

Thank you.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Interface Language

You should add back the option to change languages and content into account settings. Not being able now to change the language is so anoying. For example, even if my ip address is different from the one I've created my account, and my yahoo mail language is one I've selected a few years back, the yahoo content page and the mail app dosen't change the to the current location, as i read in yahoo help. so please put back the option to change the language and also the yahoo content. will be very helpful. thanks

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accessibility issues in yahoo mail

When displaying HTML email, the Yahoo mail preprocessor is removing accessibility code meaning people using assitive technology will have significantly more trouble consuming the information sent. They may not even be able to see it at all.

Attributes that are removed include; 'role', 'tabindex', and all 'aria-' attributes, as well as all HTML5 elements. When HTML5 elements are removed all attributes on that element are also removed, so any style, or class will be lost.

There is also an issue with the 'id' attributes being prefixed and 'for' attributes not so this leads to a missmatch which removes the function.…

46th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove unwanted and disfunctional "Clip Coupons" banner from top of messages. Slows mailbox, and causing issues with simple email functions.

Please please please get rid of this feature or allow users to disable it. It has slowed down my email box function tremendously, and all of a sudden I am unable to delete a message while viewing it in read mode! If i click the garbage can to delete a message that displays this stupid clip coupon banner, the trash can icon just turns grayed-out and my email freezes. I have to delete any messages that display this "feature" from the main inbox list mode. Annoying!!!!

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please put the classic mail version available

Please guys.. many of us people are dissapointed by the new version.. andit's not just that we are used to the classic version.. it was simple, straight, elegant.. and most important.. practical and useful.. I know Yahooo tries to improve, but.. why have a Microsoft Outlook clon as mail system? When MS "upgraded" to such version I mocked at them iand was glad that my yahoo mail was perfectly working, even that I also have a MS account....Now, take a look at both and you can not distinguish from each other. please give yahoo its own identity.. and think of…

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. return the old version

Well, return the previous version of yahoo... I'm so sorry I tried the new one, now cannot return to the previous one... This one is horrible!

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 64th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 214th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MISSING EMAIL!....

It is super frustrating to have emails just vanish. I have an entire folder of email that is just gone! Empty...I did not empty it...they were there yesterday when I left work. At first I thought it was just in the app but nope on a PC still not there. These are emails I have saved of communications with my child's school with issues we have been having. I NEED THEM BACK. I have nothing in my inbox past Aug. 26th...I did yesterday when I left work...again just vanished...WTH...GIVE ME MY EMAILS BACK please!!! asap!!!

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. change Yahoo email so Pop download again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc

please change Yahoo email back so Pop access again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc. etc. Or put an option in Yahoo so folks can set the way they need.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  104 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 88 89
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base