Yahoo Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the Block function

The block function should not take two (or three) steps to complete.
    If you select "block" for a specific e-mail or spam communication, it should block it and not allow anything further from that domain.

Why have the users to send future e-mails from the sender into the spam folder when they should be blocked fully?
    If the blocking function is supposed to block unwanted messages, then let it do it's job as (I'm assuming here) it's supposed to do?

Why would I (or anyone else for that matter) want to continue to receive anything that has been flagged as…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  289 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Block to block email addresses by domain or wildcard instead of the complete email address.

Block by domain name and not by the complete email address. The spammers can use the same domain and keep changing the sender name infinitely. So block by domain. Would be much more effective.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  206 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change Yahoo email so Pop download again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc

please change Yahoo email back so Pop access again marks messages as read on the Yahoo server after downloaded in Outlook, Apple mail, etc. etc. Or put an option in Yahoo so folks can set the way they need.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  100 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make Top results optional or remove it all together

Even if you only make it optional please do something about putting the Top Results in my search isn't actually helping me. It makes the reading of my emails much more difficult. Most of the time the Top Results have nothing to do with what I am looking for.

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. STOP the Pop Up Warning for 'Less Secure Sign In'

Please STOP the constant pop up warning (on my desktop webmail) regarding sign in for less secure third party apps. I know I am using a non yahoo mail app on my phone and I will continue to do so, despite your warnings.

The repetitive warning is **** ANNOYING, so please turn it off. I know what my preferences are and I don't need to be asked to change them 6 times a day!!!!

Yahoo's refusal to assist certain other third party apps with the security protocol changes is arrogant. Yahoo will NOT force me to use the Yahoo mail…

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give options for deleting items in "Trash"

Let us have options on how often to empty trash and base it on the date the item was put in trash!
    Don't delete items in trash based on date received - base it on date placed in trash. If an item is inadvertently put in trash that is old and you were saving it it disappears immediately because it's older than the last trash "dump."

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ads Make Writing Emails Extremely Difficult

I am working on transferring my accounts to another email server because reading and replying to emails is near impossible due to the ads. My computer (all of the computers I use) slow down dramatically because of the constant reloading of ads on the right hand side of the screen.
    Please consider changing your advertising format or make "Yahoo Mail Classic" available again.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If I typo an email address, please allow me to correct it with the cursor, instead of making me re-type the entire thing!

I used to be able to move the cursor to correct a typo in the "To" line, but now as soon as I'm done typing, it automatically highlights the address and does not allow changes. I have to delete the addressees name and start over. Why is this??

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow disabling of spam filters or allow POP3 downloading of all e-mails (including 'spam')

I prefer to download all my e-mails via POP3 and deal with spam at my end once they are downloaded. The Yahoo mail spam filters have too many false positive filters for my liking. A long time ago you could turn the spam filters off. This was great. Then you decided to remove that option for some unfathomable reason. But that wasn't the end of the world - there was a work around with filters but then you disable that. Still it was OK POP3 downloaded them all so it only affect me those rare times I used webmail. Now…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Date separators are KILLING me with CLUTTER! Allow me to REMOVE them!

Date separators are clutter and serve no purpose. REMOVE DATE SEPARATORS.

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Return to sending POP3 mail identified as SPAM with [BULK] in Subject

Need to filter SPAM for possible errors in designation. Please return to including SPAM in incoming POP3 email with the [BULK] affixed to the SUBJECT line.!!!!

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please provide a better, more efficient way to manage email filters

The purpose of Yahoo filters is to clean your Inbox and stay organized. With Yahoo! Mail Plus, you can create up to 1,000 filters that tell incoming messages what folder to be delivered to using certain criteria. You can even direct unwanted email to Trash.

With this feature where the order of the filters matters, it is important for the user to prioritize their filters from top down. Without an efficient way for users to manage their filters, how then are we supposed to do that?

The current filter view/functionality presents challenges for the following reasons:

• Trying to sort…

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. turn off "top results" in email search

"top results" is horrible, very confusing, I just want all results in reverse chronological order, please have a way to turn this off

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need a clean up tool! The amount of e-mail is excruciating. It is impossible to clean up my inbox!

We need a clean up tool for inbox management. 99 percent of my inbox is marketing e-mails from online retailers and political campaigns. Its growing impossible to manage. Please create a clean up utility!

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Re-enable importing emails via POP

On April 1st, Fools' Day, the new updated version of Yahoo mail will not support the import of emails via POP. Sounds like a Fool’s day joke, please fix it for the rest of the year.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring iOS push mail back

If you want to be a global email service provider, please support all types of communication ways. Bring and fix iOS push mail system for iOS Apple Mail app.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. block entire domain

We need the block function to be more clear. For example, if I un-check "Send all future messages to Spam" does that mean it will automatically delete any email received from a blocked sender? Or does that mean it will just let the email go to the Inbox?

Secondly, we need the ability to block an entire domain. If you're less technically inclined, that means I need the ability to block everything from the part of the email address after the @. So let's say I get a bunch of messages from different people but they're all @loseweightfast.org. I need…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback on this option. Checking the ‘Send all future messages to Spam’ should cause emails from that sender to be directed to your Spam folder. Unchecking that option should simply block the address.

It is also possible to block a domain. This can be done by accessing your blocked list within the settings menu. Please take a look at the following help article for more information:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN16025&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

18. Interface Language

You should add back the option to change languages and content into account settings. Not being able now to change the language is so anoying. For example, even if my ip address is different from the one I've created my account, and my yahoo mail language is one I've selected a few years back, the yahoo content page and the mail app dosen't change the to the current location, as i read in yahoo help. so please put back the option to change the language and also the yahoo content. will be very helpful. thanks

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. automatic videos

Automatic Videos: Dear Yahoo Mail, please ***** right off with automatically playing videos when my mailbox is empty. There isn't a human alive who actually wants this feature. It is insanely annoying, especially when I'm at work. This one "feature" and the fact that there is no way to opt out is a solid reason for me wanting to drop my yahoo account entirely. I mean seriously, every time the video pops up, I get a tad murdery.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base