Yahoo Mail

This forum is intended to gather feedback or suggestions on Yahoo Mail. For assistance with technical, abuse or general Mail questions, please contact Yahoo Customer Care.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

Also help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A one click function to block email address

It should be easy to block email address. I don't know why this has not been implemented. Do you guys make money from it?

I don't want to have to go into settings. It's true spammers can just generate new email addresses, but at least that makes it slightly harder for them. And also an option to block their host.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  258 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Autosuggest OPT OUT

Suggesting which contacts I want to add to my emails is very annoying and entirely unhelpful. I want the option to OPT COMPLETELY OUT of this feature rather than what I read on your "help" page which states that I can opt out of a particular email suggestion each time I add contacts to a message. This is frustrating. Please fix. I do not want yahoo to guess who I want to send a message to. It's my email and I know exactly who I want to add to the message.

ADD AN OPT OUT of autosuggest button under settings.

2nd ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Gathering feedback  ·  216 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Show Attachment Icon

Usually people do not like changes, but in this case the changes are not good.

1.- Showing the attachments on TOP of the e-mail is useful for verification that we have attached a file.

(It should come back this feature)

2.- Showing the attachment on TOP and the type of attachment too ie (PDF, JPEG, RAR, etc)

(This feature is very important because our company received hundreds of spam e-mails asking us to open an attachment. If we recognize as RAR or ZIP we do not open the attachments).

3.- Please remember that changes should show improvement and benefit. In…

3rd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Gathering feedback  ·  89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Sub folders!

I use Hotmail/outlook web based email at work, it breaks every now and then, but it does allow me to organise my emails into subfolders, which are always on the left side bar.

Please bring this feature to Yahoo, it would be very useful.

4th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  94 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Delete All Messages In a Folder

Really, in today's world, sometimes the number of messages in a Folder gets large. Why make me delete them 50 or 200 at a time? Why not just DeleteAll? Please implement this simple thing. Otherwise, you will end up saving them for me forever.

5th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              Gathering feedback  ·  76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Create a way to customize or disable 'Smart Views'.

They are in my way and useless to me as they are now. I don't search to things based on people or finance. I need information like open orders, policy updates, billing notifications. We have each learned to organize our emails in the way that suits us best and each way is as different we as individuals are from each other. 'One size fits all (or most)' methods really just irritate everyone because it's never quite right for anyone.

And so I repeat: The 'Smart Views' is in my way and if I can't customize it, I want to eliminate…

6th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  113 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • deleted drafts should go into the trash folder

DELETED DRAFTS SHOULD GO INTO THE TRASH FOLDER -- On several occasions I have deleted drafts I was working on by accident. There seem to be several ways this can happen and it has happened to me both on the desktop version and with an ipad app. Currently there is no way to recover the draft and there should be. I have had to waste substantial time rewritting long emails that were almost complete when I lost them. Thanks.

7th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Optional Signature

it will be great, to have an option to add the signature by choice to outgoing mails.
                  At present if I say 'show signature'- it adds it under all outgoing mails.
                  Since I use the yahoo mail as a personal/work mails, sometimes I do nt want to have a signature for my work mail.

Perhaps an option to 'undo' signature - at the time of composing
                  or 'add' signature at the time of composing. (- the signature is set already in settings)

8th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Mobile alerts on folders other than the inbox.

Currently mobile alerts are only sent for emails that land in the Inbox. If there is filter set to send certain emails to a different folder, the mobile alert doesn't go off.

Please add a setting to allow us to turn on mobile alerts either for specific folders, or specific filters.

9th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail mobile apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Please Please Please let me disable the "often included" feature

The "often included" tab is a recipe for disaster. This new feature seems to have popped up today and I can't disable it. Some emails that I send are confidential and may be legally privileged. I don't want to accidentally include an unintended recipient merely because I have sometimes included that recipient on another message.

A few annoyances have crept into your product over the last year or so, including the mandatory integration with Dropbox and Facebook, but this "often included" feature is a dealbreaker and will drive me to another email service if I can't disable it. Please advise.

10th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Please allow for more User friendly Mail Filters by allowing categories & grouping! (3 reasons / suggestions)

#1. I want to be able to move my filters by simply dragging and pulling INSTEAD OF manually having to move each one up or down BY ONE filter using the arrows. so frustrating to want to group or put a set of filters in one general area close to each other but it is simply a nightmare to move it by one and there are absolutely no options to search or categorize the filters.

#2. Which leads me to my next reason / suggestion. Also allow for us to organize the filters under categories so that it is easier…

11th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Temporary Error 14! this error has been happening on a continuous basic for the past couple of weeks.. not acceptable!

this has been happening on a regular basis or the past couple of weeks..not acceptable! I use my email for work...get your **** together!

12th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            14 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Please fix your system. It will not send messages. It will not save drafts. It will not allow attachments.

Please fix your entire program. It will not attach files. It will not send messages. It will not save drafts. It basically is NOT working.

13th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              14 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • I cannot see conversation history on instant messaging. Also very difficult to converse as so slow. Please fix.

Please fix instant messaging. Cannot access conversation history and the response time when conversing is so slow. Please fix.

14th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • When you mark an email as not spam, it should display using the original email date, not the current date and time.

When you mark an email as not spam, it should display in the inbox using the original email date, not the current date and time.

15th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 16th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • show attachment on printed email

I use my yahoo account for work and often need to print emails. If an attachment was included in the email, and I choose to print it out for my records, nowhere on the print-out does it indicate an attachment was included. This is imperative for proper documentation. I used to be able to sync Outlook to my account and print from there, but am no longer able to do that either, so I am requesting you add this important feature. I need to be able to keep records in files of what was included entirely in all sent/received messages.

16th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Please allow hover over a sender's name in message lists to reveal the sender's email address even when conversation threading is enabled.

Please allow hover over a sender's name in message lists to reveal the sender's email address even when conversation threading is enabled. (Settings; Viewing email; "When viewing message lists -- Enable conversations" disabling this setting allows the hover over sender feature to work for those who want to try this solution) ... from Yahoo! Admin ... "You can still hover over a sender’s name to see their email address, However, you do need to have the conversation threading feature disabled ... " Thank you, Yahoo! Amin, for the work around. However, it would still be advantageous to be able to…

18th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Please add back the search refine options!!!

When searching for mail, you used to be able to refine by:
                                        Attachment
                                        Sender
                                        Year Sent
                                        Read/unread
                                        Text
                                        Sender

Now, those options are all gone. Seems like you can only search by text or a word. Because you have improved by increasing the capacity of the mail we can keep, now, by searching by a word or sender, you can get 5000 emails. That is not really helpful since searching through so many emails is really not practical at all. Can you add back all the search options that you had previously so that users can search through emails easily…

19th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Return view to where you were after pressing "Show Full Message" when message has been truncated, not the top. This used to work.

Message view no longer returns to where you were reading when you have to press "Show Full Message" after Yahoo has truncated a long e-mail.

After pressing "Show Full Message", you shouldn't have to scroll back down to get to where you were reading.

OR - don't truncate my messages

19th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            3 comments  ·  Feature suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 1182 1183
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base