Yahoo Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ads Make Writing Emails Extremely Difficult

I am working on transferring my accounts to another email server because reading and replying to emails is near impossible due to the ads. My computer (all of the computers I use) slow down dramatically because of the constant reloading of ads on the right hand side of the screen.
    Please consider changing your advertising format or make "Yahoo Mail Classic" available again.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What's with the ridiculous lag caused by Yahoo Mail?

While Yahoo!'s online mail service has always been somewhat ad/spam/malware intensive, for about the last three weeks it has become almost unusable. It causes all other services on my machine to lag and hang. The only solution is to log out of Yahoo! entirely. This happens regardless of which browser I use.
    Unless this gets fixed, I'll have no choice but to move to an alternate email service. Unfortunate, because I prefer Yahoo!'s layout.

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ad-free mail?

I'm paying for ad-free mail. So why are the damned "Expiring Coupons" in my way? (Seems like a lot of spam lately, too.)

50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. STOP THE BANDWIDTH KILLING ADS

Stop the bandwidth sucking videos. Nix the Anorexic Fashion Chicks. Those potato sack clothes are really hanging on just skin and bones. If you want us to click on some of your ads so you can make some $$$ then let us chose what we want to see or give us an ad survey. In case you haven't guessed it we are in a global depression. Listen to us and we sill come. ScribeCave.com.

59th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Product Support responded

For some of our ads, you can click the ‘X’ on the upper right corner to let us know why you don’t like it. After you click ‘X’, you can select from the multiple options to tell us why you don’t like the ad:

• It’s distracting
    • It’s not relevant
    • It’s Offensive
    • Something else – Give us your detailed feedback

We’ll review your feedback and make changes as needed. We’ll try our best to block the ad from appearing for you again.

Your feedback will help us identify bad ads and adjust those we display in the future.

6. Ads should NOT play audio!

My idea is....DON'T AUTOPLAY ADS! Or any video for that matter. If I want to watch a video or a commercial, I'll click on it. And no, I shouldn't have to go to the ad and click on the X every **** time I look at my mail. By that time, the sound has already blasted into the office or wherever I am. This is so rude and believe me, isn't making me want to purchase whatever it is they're selling.

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don’t put as much ads in the way of emails

Remove the ads from the app so we can just consentrate in what we need to do. Some people use yahoo mail for work and then they see an add and they start reading into it and then they stop focusing on what they need to do

101st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Yahoo ads on the side of my emails are bogging down everything I want to do in my email. It takes forever to read, & write emails.

I wish someone would look into this. It's absolutely a terrible, and upsetting experience trying to read, or write emails. The ads are bogging everything down. I have long pauses waiting for the **** to load on the side. What used to take me a few minutes to do in my emails, now carries into a miserable waiting game hour. I HATE IT !!

101st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get rid of offensive ads.

I've clicked on the X above the ad and indicated numerous times that an ad is offensive to me but it keeps appearing. It's really offensive to me and I have contacted Yahoo twice to see how I can disable the ad. They've told me I can provide feedback which I have done, but it still keeps appearing.

111th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop the pop up ads. I can't write mail cause they are interfering with the keyboard

the pop up ads are interfering with my mouse and keyboard and makes trying to write or send emails from yahoo next to impossible. such as a 2 line email that takes more than 5 mins to write and send.........

111th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Product Support responded

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing these issues with Yahoo Mail. The ads shouldn’t be causing these issues. Temporarily disabling the Conversations feature may help. Please take a look at the following help article for instructions:

Enable or disable Conversations in Yahoo Mail: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN15805.html

Please also try closing your Yahoo Mail browser window and reopening before composing a new message.

Please contact our email support team for further assistance if the issue continues. You can reach that team via the help form at the following link:

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML

Choose ‘Sending and Receiving’ and ‘Messages not sent’ as the categories when filling out that form.

11. Coupon

Remove the coupon banner. It is useless, doesn't work, and the user can't close or remove it. X isn't active, SEE MORE doesn't work, nothing in settings to control or turn it off. I pay for Ad free mail and this is just another attempt by Yahoo to force ads on me. Dumb idea and totally unnecessary.

111th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DESPICABLE ADS HAVE TO STOP... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YAHOO!!!!!!

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH YAHOO! WHY ARE YOU ASKING US TO MAKE YAHOO OUR DEFAULT ENGINE IN ORDER TO ELIMINATE THE LARGE ADS THAT ARE TAKING UP ALL OF OUR ROOM IN OUR INBOX WHEN WE WANT TO SEND OR READ OUR EMAILS! YOU ARE DISGUSTING AND THAT KIND OF COERCION SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.... WE ARE YOUR BUSINESS SO IF YOU ARE TRYING TO MANIPULATE THE CUSTOMERS, THEY MAY DECIDE TO GO TO ANOTHER SERVER AND THEN YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS. THE ADS ARE DESPICABLE AND YOU NEED TO REMOVE THEM SIMPLY BECAUSE THE CUSTOMERS ARE…

120th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please remove the "Expiring Coupons" banner from my inbox. I PAY for no ads. I don't want your ads either.

Remove the expiring coupons banner. Those who pay for no ads shouldn't have to be subject to YOUR ads either.

139th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Coupon Feature on Yahoo Mail Pro should not be there

Thank Verizon/Yahoo Mail Pro engineer for adding a coupon feature/banner to my paying Yahoo Mail Pro. A needless, useless feature that I do not want, did not request and DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE TO CLOSE OR DELETE OR UNDO. You should be coming up with features that would make Yahoo Mail Pro better not useless features. I guess we have Verizon to thank for that or engineers that should be doing some other type of work.

182nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please remove sexually-explicit ads.

Especially the one of two men kissing. If this is not done, it will be easier for me to just use another e-mail format than to figure out how to adjust the settings for ads without lowering my privacy settings.

201st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear you’re seeing advertising you don’t want to!

You can opt out of specific ads and let us know why you don’t want to see them so we can make sure in the future to show you advertisements that are more relevant to you. To find out how to opt out of seeing specific advertisements, have a look at the Yahoo Help article “Provide ad feedback”, available at:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN25244

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

16. Stop the ads from inteferring with the creation of a new email

The revolving ads on the side (in Microsoft Edge using the *new* user interface) continually interrupt typing of an email. It makes it totally unusable as an email interface. I know people have reported this in the past, but its worked fine for me until just the other day.

239th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you place ads on my Yahoo mail, ENGLISH ONLY, I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH!!!

Nothing annoys me more than being forced to speak another or read another language!!! Since I don't have any control over what ads you place on my email? ENGLISH ONLY!!!

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Vertical ads cutting off my email when printing

On many occasions, when I try to print a received e-mail, the long, vertical add to the right cuts off much of the right side of my email.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PLEASE STOP, STOP, STOP PUTTING LEWD AD'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EMAIL PAGE.

PLEASE STOP, STOP, STOP PUTTING LEWD AD'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY EMAIL PAGE. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN LOOKING AT HALF-DRESSED WOMEN TRYING TO ENTICE ME TO SIN!!!

326th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why are you putting distracting ads on the myyahoo page that are in spanish. stop with the distractions and keep it in english

stop the annoying and distracting ads on the myyahoo page and keep it in English - not a foreign language.

429th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base